• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

Granted but AVB inherited that 57.87% team and added £100m of players to it. Add to that we got let of the hook by Bales great season.

You are forgetting that he lost Bale, vdV, Modric and King. The 4 best players since Klinsmann. Players you can´t replace for £100m. Not even £300m...

You are forgetting that he lost Bale, vdV, Modric and King. The 4 best players since Klinsmann. Players you can´t replace for £100m. Not even £300m...

In just over a year... that's a huge loss, and a great point.

Sent from my XT890 using Fapatalk

i think Ginola and Berbatov are ahead of VDV and Modric......also we did win trophies with Ginola and Berba who were hugely influential

I think AVB has been very lucky to get almost 90 mill for Bale and to also be be able to spend all that and more on players to strengthen the squad.
i feel we have bought well but it will take time for our young and PL inexperienced signings to fully adapt to their new surroundings. I said earlier that this season could well be transitional and next season we should see better football with more excitement and cohesion

Absolutely vital that we don't lose any of our top players in the next 12 months. The Bale money was preposterous and once in a lifetime for a player that had only manager 1 truly world class season. But we need to hold firm in January and next summer no matter how much Real Madrid offer for Paulinho, Vertonghen or Lloris or it will be yet another "transitional season."

I have been a ST holder for a long time and hardly miss a game, AVB is right the about the atmosphere at the Lane ( and i have been saying that for the last couple of seasons). There are some "so called fans" who as soon as the whistle starts the game start to moan and bitch, our away support is second to none but the home support by some " fans" is ****.

lost quite a bit of respect for AVB when he partially blamed the fans for the teams performances at home. he was right about the atmosphere but not nearly enough to point the finger at them for a team he is in charge of

not a good look

lost quite a bit of respect for AVB when he partially blamed the fans for the teams performances at home. he was right about the atmosphere but not nearly enough to point the finger at them for a team he is in charge of

not a good look

In one swipe he had a go at the players (they're weak and easily affected) and the fans, all the while absolving himself of any blame for his team not looking like scoring all game.I honestly expected better from him. I didnt think he was that type.

not a good look

Yep - agreed.

not a good look

I gained it. It's in his best interest to look after his team and if his team feel the crowd are getting to them then avb had no choice.

Took a lot of cahoonies to say it, I would rather have a manager that can make the tough choices than one who *****foots around them.

And finally, he's right. The crowd have been pretty poor.

In one swipe he had a go at the players (they're weak and easily affected) and the fans, all the while absolving himself of any blame for his team not looking like scoring all game.I honestly expected better from him. I didnt think he was that type.

"We realise we have to be better, we have to create more situations..."

I presume 'he' is part of the 'we'...

"We realise we have to be better, we have to create more situations..."

I presume 'he' is part of the 'we'...

Great quote but he didn't say that in the Sky interview or the BBC one. I'm not sure where its from.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24697318

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-villas-boas-slams-home-fans-despite-hull-win

I honestly wonder what Freund thinks about all this. But rumours say he has been marginalised and doesn't have much input anymore.

A mate of mine interviewed Freund a couple of weeks ago. He said that he was very positive about everything at Spurs and spoke warmly of his relationship with AVB and the players.

Re: AVB On Reals Madrid's Short List For New Manager

"don't listen to rumours and the lies that they tell ya because they will tear us apart.

I gained it. It's in his best interest to look after his team and if his team feel the crowd are getting to them then avb had no choice.

Took a lot of cahoonies to say it, I would rather have a manager that can make the tough choices than one who *****foots around them.

And finally, he's right. The crowd have been pretty poor.

Dembele (IIRC) already raised it a few weeks ago - said the players prefer playing away or something.

The atmosphere at home games has been pretty poisonous for a long time now. The Jol days were the last good atmospheres I remember at WHL.

A mate of mine interviewed Freund a couple of weeks ago. He said that he was very positive about everything at Spurs and spoke warmly of his relationship with AVB and the players.

Purely based on body language from the bench (the embrace at full time on Sunday for example), I'd say they have a strong relationship.

The suggestion AVB is unwilling or unable to admit shortcomings in his own performance does not stand up to the evidence. Already this season he has accepted fault, as he did on occasion last season. And I watched his last Chelsea press conference recently and was surprised at how willing he was to admit his own mistakes on that occasion too, which is unusual in those end-of-tenure moments. He was gone the next day.

i think AVB is constantly analysing everything, including himself

Back