• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

I think it'd be silly of him not to honour his contract. We built him.

well not really he did his groundwork at academica and then a great double winning season with porto..... if anything he has got his reputation back on track through us.

He is deemed to have failed at chelsea big woopsie....

its no coincidence that Napoli were looking at him also.

Levy took a gamble on appointing AVB and so far its paid off.....

He needs this pre-season to shape a squad in his image..

if an offer is on the table I hope he doesnt want to go and Levys says go henceforth and do one!!!!!

what happens if avb acts like modders??????????? lol will Freund take charge if his head isnt in the right place??

in all seriousness I believe that AVB has integrity and will honour is contract......

not to worried about this 80/20 he stays with Bale going its 50/50.

if psg have the cash they should just pay it for hiddink........AVB wont like being second choice....I wouldnt and I wouldnt want to poo poo all over Levy either after giving me a shot at redemption.

People need to just calm down and stop themselves getting worked up about every news story. There's always a chance anyone could leave.

However, I don't see the big fuss about AVB leaving just yet. He did a fairly good job last year, not amazing (and this is from someone who wanted him in as his 1st choice). 4th the season before, 5th this season, with the 6th largest wage bill. I personally don't think he's done anything so special yet that the likes of Real or PSG will be looking at him just yet, especially for a team like Real as he still hasn't shown he can handle that kind of pressure.

The reports i've read were quoting 40-50 mil...

No manager in history has gone for anywhere near that much. What did AVB get, about 11 million? After being about 2 minutes into a 3 year contract.

whatever happens we need to sort it quick, Levy fudged up with Redknapp in my opinion when the England talk started, we need commitment from him or get him out the door sharp to give the next guy the pre season

£40 - 50m is the rumoured salary AVB would earn at PSG over a four year contract. £10m is the compensation due to Spurs. £60m is a lot to pay for a manager but still a drop in the ocean when you're backed up by the Qatari Sovereign wealth fund.

whatever happens we need to sort it quick, Levy fudged up with Redknapp in my opinion when the England talk started, we need commitment from him or get him out the door sharp to give the next guy the pre season

Agreed. He can't allow another drawn out saga like that.

£40 - 50m is the rumoured salary AVB would earn at PSG over a four year contract. £10m is the compensation due to Spurs. £60m is a lot to pay for a manager but still a drop in the ocean when you're backed up by the Qatari Sovereign wealth fund.

It is a lot, even for a club like PSG and for that kind of outlay, I think they'd want to bring in a manager with proven top level experience.

Maybe Levy should counter these rumours by announcing a massive transfer that shows that he is committed to AVB and building him the squad that he wants?

Would be a shame if AVB goes - I really like the guy - would love to see a manager really build a team with us to push us forward.

Maybe Levy should counter these rumours by announcing a massive transfer that shows that he is committed to AVB and building him the squad that he wants?

Would be a shame if AVB goes - I really like the guy - would love to see a manager really build a team with us to push us forward.

Yeh, he's the first manager since Jol I've actually liked as a person (even though I did think Harry done a good job, he's still a bell end). Frustrates me a little hearing people say he's young in terms of management and he has time to wait for the 'big clubs' before he moves on. How about he commits himself to a job here and sets out to turn us back into one of the so called 'big clubs' (hate that expression by the way. It has no meaning anymore, big club = Money and Champions League now. For me Chelsea are not a big club, never will be).

People need to just calm down and stop themselves getting worked up about every news story. There's always a chance anyone could leave.

However, I don't see the big fuss about AVB leaving just yet. He did a fairly good job last year, not amazing (and this is from someone who wanted him in as his 1st choice). 4th the season before, 5th this season, with the 6th largest wage bill. I personally don't think he's done anything so special yet that the likes of Real or PSG will be looking at him just yet, especially for a team like Real as he still hasn't shown he can handle that kind of pressure.

Careful mate with that kind pf sensible thinking you'll be burned at the stake round here :D

I think that panicking is the worst thing that we could do

Maybe this is why AAVB's people are leaking these stories ....to get Levy to back him

As long as there are no quotes in the paper then its more than likely bull sheet. journalists need to write otherwise they would not be in a job and newspapers need to sell papers!!!

I think that panicking is the worst thing that we could do

i don't think its panicking, more decisiveness, is Bale going to be so keen on staying if there is a potential management change, are players who we are trying to sign going to be happy to sign for a club whom will be changing to a manager who may not want them a month down the line?

It always amazes me that adults still get wound up by the brick that passes as news in the papers, most of it is flimflam and yet like lemmings there are those who believe it is true.

8-[

I just think the big questions is were this to happen, who the fudge would we replace him with? There have already been a lot of managerial changes for the new season and all managers that were obviously not going to stay have now already gone to their new clubs.

It would probably be Laudrup or someone.

AVB must be one of the richest managers alive, he got a £15m pay off from Chelsea not so long ago.

Back