• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

Or maybe they've all been tricked into thinking they're signing for Monaco, but actually it's for Spurs.

'We are IN Monaco and 100k a week isn't too bad. It's tax free here after all.'

PSG are preparing to activate a £10m release clause in AVB's contract to sign him as Ancelotti's replacement, according to Gianluca Di Marzio:

Who will sit on the bench at the Parc des Princes? The Paris Saint-Germain is stalling on the choice for the coach, Guus Hiddink at this time despite the renewal option with Anzhi remains in the race. Hiddink has called for economic and technical guarantees to the company that will do in the evening if a concrete proposal, but first PSG would like to make an attempt to get to André Villas-Boas. He is the last name, it will try to pay the clause of 10 million in Tottenham. And then depending on who will be chosen, will be freed Carlo Ancelotti, target Real Madrid. Where the coach have already chosen for months.

www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/psg-tentativo-per-villas-boas-e-hiddink-resta-in-corsa/

Rory Smith @RorySmithTimes

I am now reliably informed (as in have treble checked the Sky Italia story) that PSG have been in touch with AVB's people.
8:23 PM - 11 Jun 2013

Rory Smith @RorySmithTimes

Just because they've been in touch doesn't mean he will go or that they'll make an offer. But PSG are kind of running out of options.

Not liking this! But Im not sure he'd go, would be a similar scenario to what he was in at Chelsea and I think he likes the challenge he has here. Well I'm hoping so anyway...

Re: AVB On Reals Madrid's Short List For New Manager

Maybe it will get Levy to be more adventurous in the transfer market and really back the manager in a bid to keep him...

If AVB went I have no doubt Bale would go and leave too.

It wont' happen. PSG can activate clauses but he won't accept, I'm confident.

I'm the same. I get the feeling he wants to prove himself in this country. Right the Chelsea shaped wrong on his CV

I hope you're right. It's got to be a little tempting though, a chance to double your salary and get an unlimited transfer budget.

this is the first i have heard of any release clause - anyone got anything official about it?

I hope you're right. It's got to be a little tempting though, a chance to double your salary and get an unlimited transfer budget.

Where IS the fun in that though?

I just hope AVB learnt from his Chelsea mistake. He had the chance to build on something at Porto after winning the league unbeaten, two domestic cups and the Europa League and take his side into the Champions League but he jumped at some money Chelsea through at him and now he's down a level again to Tottenham where he has the chance to build on something. He has great fans here, he is building a very solid team which involves a world class goalkeeper, a world class defender and one of the best players in the world in Bale.

Paris St-Germain sound out André Villas-Boas over manager's job

• PSG looking for manager to replace Carlo Ancelotti
• Villas-Boas is contracted to Tottenham until 2015

The Guardian, Tuesday 11 June 2013 20.54 BST

Paris St-Germain's pursuit of a replacement for Carlo Ancelotti has prompted interest in the Tottenham Hotspur manager, André Villas-Boas, with the French champions understood to have contacted the Portuguese's representatives to sound him out over his availability.

PSG, bankrolled by the Qatar Investment Authority, claimed their first league title in 19 years and reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League under Ancelotti's stewardship last season but the Italian is being courted by Real Madrid and has made it known he wishes to leave for the Bernabéu.

France's champions have, as yet, refused to sanction that move – a one-year extension was activated in Ancelotti's contract upon securing qualification for Europe's elite club competition – but the president, Nasser al-Khelaifi, has kickstarted a search for a replacement in the acceptance that the Italian is set upon leaving.

José Mourinho, Manuel Pellegrini, Walter Mazzarri, Fabio Capello and Rafael Benítez were considered for the position, and Guus Hiddink, of Anzhi Makhachkala, had emerged as the likeliest successor having appeared set to leave Russia for Parc des Princes to fill the upcoming vacancy. However, the Russian club now expect the 66-year-old Dutchman to remain with them due to a clause triggered in his contract that will technically tie him to the team for a further year.

Although PSG have not entirely given up on the possibility of securing Hiddink's release, they have sought to cover all bases by checking on the highly rated Villas-Boas. The Portuguese's whirlwind managerial career has taken him from Académica in his home country to Spurs via one glittering year at Porto and 256 fractious days at Chelsea, with the 35-year-old yet to start a second season at any of his clubs. He is contracted until 2015 at White Hart Lane and, having finished fifth last month, has ambitious plans in the transfer market - not least retaining Gareth Bale – to infiltrate the Champions League places next term.

Yet PSG, sensing an opportunity, are believed to have contacted his agent to ascertain his client's state of mind. The manager's representative has yet to return to PSG's Qatari hierarchy with a definitive answer, but it appears likely that Villas-Boas will not leave the London club only 12 months into his role, despite suggestions there is a £10m buyout clause in his contract. Back in April he had admitted to being "flattered" to be linked with a possible move to Real Madrid this summer, but said he was "very focused on trying to get another year at one club … the same club."

"I have a contract," he said. "I was given an opportunity [by Tottenham] and was extremely grateful."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/11/paris-st-germain-andre-villas-boas

I dont think it will happen. But, why have a release clause in your contract if you wasn't going to be interested in talking to other clubs?

Do we seriously think AVB would turn down the ridiculous offers being banded about in the press? What worries me is that PSG seem to have been turned down by their top targets and are now running out of options as one article says - if they get desperate who knows what money they'd throw at him? Plus I bet AVB is frustrated with our slow transfer dealings and our complete failure to land the majority of his targets.

Would be horrible being back to square one again after just a season and Bale would probably go too.

Do we seriously think AVB would turn down the ridiculous offers being banded about in the press? What worries me is that PSG seem to have been turned down by their top targets and are now running out of options as one article says - if they get desperate who knows what money they'd throw at him? Plus I bet AVB is frustrated with our slow transfer dealings and our complete failure to land the majority of his targets.

Would be horrible being back to square one again after just a season and Bale would probably go too.

Yes.

AVB at PSG would just be Chelsea pt II.

Slow transfer dealings? It's June FFS.

Let's just take a (somewhat ridiculous) leap and assume that we have been dealing slowly in the market since AVB's arrival and that we have failed to get most of his targets.

What on earth makes you think that he feels that way (other than projecting your own opinions onto someone else)?

Back