• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

I just think the big questions is were this to happen, who the fudge would we replace him with? There have already been a lot of managerial changes for the new season and all managers that were obviously not going to stay have now already gone to their new clubs.

Thats the real reason we'd be fudged.
The best option available who'd be willing to move would be Laudrup (but even he would be a gamble).

i don't think its panicking, more decisiveness, is Bale going to be so keen on staying if there is a potential management change, are players who we are trying to sign going to be happy to sign for a club whom will be changing to a manager who may not want them a month down the line?

Reacting to every piece of gossip or interest would be very destabalising. I think that it is better to go quietly about your business.

I'd be happy with Laudrup to be fair.

But a season like the one AVB just had with us and he'd no doubt be off too. It's a vicious cycle at Spurs.

But a season like the one AVB just had with us and he'd no doubt be off too. It's a vicious cycle at Spurs.

No it's not. I'm sure that AVB will be with us next season. Who knows whether he will start the following season with us but given the average life expectancy of a premier league manager, I would rather our managers left for a pay rise or bigger job than be sacked for brick results.

No it's not. I'm sure that AVB will be with us next season. Who knows whether he will start the following season with us but given the average life expectancy of a premier league manager, I would rather our managers left for a pay rise or bigger job than be sacked for brick results.

Of course it is. We constantly get our best players pinched, managers no different. AVB could quite easily flop once again in his career and go PSG or he could stay at the club that made him what he is right now.

We finished 5th, you're making it seem like we've had some sort of incredible season.

Tricky one this. AVB is young and has plenty of time to build his managerial CV- he strikes me as an honest and humbler man now with lots still to prove at Spurs. He did ok given the circumstances but there's definitely more to come with the proper backing.

That's my only worry, if Levy doesn't spend some cash to get in the players AVB needs to take us to the next level there's a slim slim chance that AVB will get tinkled off not being backed by Levy. However I honestly believe its a minute chance.

In AVB we trust.

Of course it is. We constantly get our best players pinched, managers no different. AVB could quite easily flop once again in his career and go PSG or he could stay at the club that made him what he is right now.

That's the price you pay for being a good but not great club. Our offer to players and managers must be that this is a great place to make your name. This is a good strategy for improving the club but the trick is getting the succession planning right and building for the future. We've continually improved over the last ten years and we are closer now than we have ever been.

Again, I really don't think the season AVB has had warrants all the hysteria about possible approaches by Real/ PSG etc.

If next season, we do something like finish 2nd/3rd and win a cup, then I might start thinking he's going to leave. I don't think AVB is even slightly loyal but I don't think he's rescued his reputation yet and so think he'll be below a whole rung of managers.

Again, all in my own opinion.

Best points total in how many years?

In Redknapp's 3 full seasons with us, he beat Redknapp's points totals by 2, 10 and 3 points.

Clubs like Real Madrid, with all their resources, aren't looking for someone to improve their points total by a couple of points. They're looking for someone to win titles, Champions leagues, manage the egos etc etc.

Like I said, if AVB does something great for a club of our size, like finishing 2nd/ 3rd and winning a trophy, then that might teams like Real sit up and take notice. Finishing 5th, beating our PL points total by 2 points and reaching max the QFs of each cup competition might be what I would have thought and still think was a decent season from AVB and the team but it isn't the kind of thing that makes such clubs come running.

i agree with those saying it wasn't an incredible season for us and i don't see the likes of Real and PSG coming in for AvB off the back of it. that's not to say i don't think he done well, imv he did and considering all the factors at play i think there aren't many out there who could have got more out of the team/squad.

Im not worried about these stories linking him away and Im looking forward to see what he can achieve with what will hopefully be a more balanced team and deeper squad

Well relatively speaking it was a great season. His first season in charge off the back of losing two of our three best players and our club captain, he manages us to our best Premier League points tally. Anyway if this PSG thing did happen they wouldn't just be hiring him off the back of his work for us, he'd already built his reputation at Porto, the Chelsea thing didn't hurt him as much as some would like to think.

Reacting to every piece of gossip or interest would be very destabalising. I think that it is better to go quietly about your business.

my post was my opinion on how Levy should handle it if it is true

whatever happens we need to sort it quick, Levy fudged up with Redknapp in my opinion when the England talk started, we need commitment from him or get him out the door sharp to give the next guy the pre season

He's staying, Bale's staying...

...can I also point out that whilst money is money, to someone like AVB it doesn't really matter that much due to his coming from money anyway. He is all about ambition. His hunger and desire to win is absolutely massive, further, he knows that doing it with us would be like Porto x 10. He is no dummy.

Yeah, don't see how it wasn't a good season. Best points tally, 10 away wins, got us playing good as a team, installed some sort of never say die attitude where we don't give up, made us harder to defeat. Brilliant season without a decent striker and a creative midfielder. Can't wait to see what he does next season with Bale and a decent striker.

i agree with those saying it wasn't an incredible season for us and i don't see the likes of Real and PSG coming in for AvB off the back of it. that's not to say i don't think he done well, imv he did and considering all the factors at play i think there aren't many out there who could have got more out of the team/squad.

Im not worried about these stories linking him away and Im looking forward to see what he can achieve with what will hopefully be a more balanced team and deeper squad

I agree 100%

Back