• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

He didn't lose VDV, he didn't want VDV.

But I think AVB has done a great job, but we need Champion's League football. I think next season will be a lot harder to get top four than this year, and just to be sure we can keep Bale we need top four. If we don't have Bale next season then we have no chance of challenging for top four.
do you think Arsenal fans were thinking the same when they sold RvP?

But I think AVB has done a great job, but we need Champion's League football. I think next season will be a lot harder to get top four than this year, and just to be sure we can keep Bale we need top four. If we don't have Bale next season then we have no chance of challenging for top four.

It would be a struggle for sure, even with him it will be. With their backing Chelsea and City should really always be in the 2 of those CL places, Man United have the experience of having been there and done that which counts for a lot, but maybe next season could be one of transition and learning. Just depends if Arsenal spend and improve their squad, and if so, by how much.
Depending on our own ins and outs, with Bale, we could be fighting with those two for 3rd spot

because VDV's head was all over the place due to problems in his marriage. VDV had to get back to Germany to be closer to his wife who worked over there. They tried to solve their difficulties but ultimately failed and have separated.

AVB was being compassionate by letting him go.

do you think Arsenal fans were thinking the same when they sold RvP?

I wouldn't have thought so, because ourselves and Liverpool were also in transition. Which is why a weak Everton side was able to stay in touch so long. Next season we'll see some coach changes but if the rumours are true and Arsenal get top four this year it will pan out like this (and you can hold me to this post if I am wrong :lol: )

City and Chelsea will be untouchable. Moyes will be a good fit at Utd eventually, but Ferguson is getting out at the right time with most of his best players ageing. Utd will still have too much for most teams though and be comfortable top four. Arsenal no longer have financial constraints and I do think they'll spend big this Summer IF they qualify for the Champion's League. That spend will certainly give them an advantage, but if we lose Bale it will put them out of our reach for the indefinite future. My dark horse for next season is Liverpool. I think Rodgers has done a very good job this season and he just needs to turn some of those draws into wins and they'd have been up with us this season. I think next season that will happen and again if we lose Bale I can see Liverpool actually getting the jump on us.

If we keep Bale and don't get top four this season then I think we'll certainly challenge top four next year, but unlike this season I don't think we can be regarded as favourites to get it. Right now I do think we're better than Arsenal and have better players but if they get Champion's League next season I think they'll bring in a couple of quality players that are out of our range to compete against.

Key for us now is to be really smart in the transfer market this Summer but I don't think we've been that smart since Arnesen left.

I'm concerned that we have had a lot of games in which the result has outweighed the performance. We have had a lot of games in which we perhaps picked up more points than we deserved.

What if we repeat these performances next season, what if we have no Bale to save us, what if we don't get away with it as much?

The second AVB season will be as telling, as his first, for me. Points wise he has done an excellent job this season though.

because VDV's head was all over the place due to problems in his marriage. VDV had to get back to Germany to be closer to his wife who worked over there. They tried to solve their difficulties but ultimately failed and have separated.

AVB was being compassionate by letting him go.

:lol: You should write for a tabloid! I am going to text Rafael right now with what you've wrote, that made me chuckle!

Just like to point out, at this stage of the season, with the changes our squad went through during the course of the season (losing luka, vdv, leds, sandro, kaboul).. The guy has done a fantastic job. With a bit of luck with injuries next season we can challenge again.

"hey Rafa, someone i don't know from the internet was talking about you, tb lolz x x"

Done! I'll let you know if he responds :)

cant wait

in the meanwhile, il be sexting, sorry i mean texting, with Sylvie. We go back a long way.....................

"hey Rafa, someone i don't know from the internet was talking about you, tb lolz x x"

:lol: Not quite! I text him that Spurs fans are missing him and are still looking for excuses as to why he left and that he shouldn't say anything new until his autobiography and keep everyone in suspense :lol: The truth is simple of course. AVB told him he was no longer number one and that Sigurdsson was his preferred choice and that if a club came in for him he could leave. So his agent contacted Hamburg to say he was available. I was actually disappointed that Rafael didn't fight for his place in the team because I am a Spurs fan myself, but as someone who knows him personally I fully support why he decided to take the option of joining Hamburg because he loves his football and isn't getting any younger. Also he likes Hamburg, he has happy memories there.

:lol: Not quite! I text him that Spurs fans are missing him and are still looking for excuses as to why he left and that he shouldn't say anything new until his autobiography and keep everyone in suspense :lol: The truth is simple of course. AVB told him he was no longer number one and that Sigurdsson was his preferred choice and that if a club came in for him he could leave. So his agent contacted Hamburg to say he was available. I was actually disappointed that Rafael didn't fight for his place in the team because I am a Spurs fan myself, but as someone who knows him personally I fully support why he decided to take the option of joining Hamburg because he loves his football and isn't getting any younger. Also he likes Hamburg, he has happy memories there.

yes, i heard this also - also heard that late on in the window, after having spent a bit more time with the players and presumably realizing he was making a bit of a mistake letting him go, AVB back tracked and asked him to reconsider - but it was too late by then and he'd already made up his mind.

Why don't you also ask him why he barely lasted more than 60 mins, and also ask him why he often didn't stay further forward instead of running around all over the shop imbalancing the side at times.

Ta

can you ask him if his hamstring really is made of tracing paper?

Why don't you also ask him why he barely lasted more than 60 mins, and also ask him why he often didn't stay further forward instead of running around all over the shop imbalancing the side at times.

Ta

I can already answer those as I've had that discussion with him before. He used to get very angry about being taken off early and said he felt fine, but it's usually a creative player that gets taken off when things aren't going well to try something new. He can't help himself when he roams, he just wants to be involved all the time. Redknapp encouraged his roaming but also told him he needed to stay further forward because he was actually meant to be playing as a forward and the two of them used to have some heated discussions about it!

yes, i heard this also - also heard that late on in the window, after having spent a bit more time with the players and presumably realizing he was making a bit of a mistake letting him go, AVB back tracked and asked him to reconsider - but it was too late by then and he'd already made up his mind.

I haven't heard that. AVB wanted to play a different system and Rafael didn't fit. I don't think player or coach did anything wrong in this case and it was handled well. I just find it amusing when people keep saying that VDV going was a big impact for us, because AVB clearly didn't see it that way.

Back