• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

spot on. i think we bought very well in certain positions and in others where we couldn't get in our first choices we 'patched up' quite well, as you say there was a lot of work to be done to make a balanced squad with quality throughout and it's a job we will be resuming in the summer. if we can bring in 3 players of the quality of Vertongen, Lloris and Dembele in areas in which it is needed we will be on to a very good team for next season, imv - add in a couple of Holtby/Sigurdsson level squad players then it starts to look even better for the squad as a whole.

Agree with your sentiments. A Leandro Damião, or the like, a competitor with pace for both flanks, and LB and I would have thought we would be serious contendors with a few German talents to fill the squad via Freunds knowledge of their youth set up at national level.

AVB & Freund seem to have a good working relationship and I love the passion they have on the sideline. Certainly doesn't look like they lack the desire.

We beat Sunderland at home and he'll have the highest final points total of any Spurs manager in the Premiership

We have a chance of top 4 going into the last game of the season. This season has been a big success league wise IMO.

Agree with your sentiments. A Leandro Damião, or the like, a competitor with pace for both flanks, and LB and I would have thought we would be serious contendors with a few German talents to fill the squad via Freunds knowledge of their youth set up at national level.

AVB & Freund seem to have a good working relationship and I love the passion they have on the sideline. Certainly doesn't look like they lack the desire.

We desperately need another cm option, way more than we need a new left back or wide option. Especially with both Rose and Townsend likely to be in our squads next season.

Ideally, I would argue we need two major central options - a clever attacking playmaker who can play out wide (Silva/Cazorla/Mata) and a visionary deeplying playmaker (Modric), unless Holtby comes good in one of these positions (he strikes me as more box-to-box CM atm). A mobile striker and a wing forward would not go amiss either. If we're playing a 4-3-3 we could make do with just one new creative playmaker as part of the midfield trio, and a creative wide player who can score (somewhat of a wing forward, but one who gets much more involved in build-up than Bale or Lennon), if the striker is as creative as a Suarez/Rooney/Tevez type.

Basically - focus on upgrading the creativity, brains, passing ability and dynamism of the squad. I prioritize the center since that's where we seem to be most lacking in these qualities atm.

is there any chance AVB will be sacked at the end of the season???????

has Levy been sufficiently been impressed to continue with AVB? I say this because it wont be hard to get rid, AVB is just a head coach and the structure at Spurs will remain in place no matter who the head coach is.

I know we are on the verge of a record points total, but there have been rumblings all season about the style of play at Spurs, lack of excitement, an over reliance on Bale to rescue us in many games, could it be that Levy also has some concerns about what he has seen all season?

i dont know, there are so many managerial changes at the top of the league this summer, Levy might think that he can replace AVB and it wont cause so much of a fuss with whats going on everywhere else

is there any chance AVB will be sacked at the end of the season???????

has Levy been sufficiently been impressed to continue with AVB? I say this because it wont be hard to get rid, AVB is just a head coach and the structure at Spurs will remain in place no matter who the head coach is.

I know we are on the verge of a record points total, but there have been rumblings all season about the style of play at Spurs, lack of excitement, an over reliance on Bale to rescue us in many games, could it be that Levy also has some concerns about what he has seen all season?

i dont know, there are so many managerial changes at the top of the league this summer, Levy might think that he can replace AVB and it wont cause so much of a fuss with whats going on everywhere else

No. There is no chance that AVB will be sacked at the end of the season, as we have challenged for fourth until the final day of the season.

No. There is no chance that AVB will be sacked at the end of the season, as we have challenged for fourth until the final day of the season.

not even if Levy feels there might be a coach out there whose teams play a more attractive and attacking style of football whilst still delivering results?

Fully agree.

When was the last time Levy sacked a manager after only a year in charge?

first of all, AVB is not a manager, he is a head coach and head coaches are more easily disposed of as has been shown due to minimal disruption to the overall structure, and secondly does it really matter what Levy has done in the past? You are right in what you say, but as he has shown, Levy can be ruthless in disposing of managers

first of all, AVB is not a manager, he is a head coach and head coaches are more easily disposed of as has been shown due to minimal disruption to the overall structure, and secondly does it really matter what Levy has done in the past? You are right in what you say, but as he has shown, Levy can be ruthless in disposing of managers

I don't think there's much difference between the head coach role AVB has now and the manager job Jol and Ramos had under directors of football in the past.

Yes it matters what Levy has done in the past. If he had the history of Abramovich, Inter, Real Madrid etc when it comes to sacking managers/head coaches then it would seem a lot more likely for him to sack AVB than it does now with Levy's actual history.

Levy has shown that he can be ruthless, but he has never disposed of a manager/head coach in the time frame we're talking about here and never with the results AVB has gotten us in anywhere near the kind of time frame we're talking about here. Yes, he's been ruthless in the past, but for me at least he has been right to be so and it has seemed reasonable to me to do so. It doesn't seem reasonable to me to sack AVB this summer.

not even if Levy feels there might be a coach out there whose teams play a more attractive and attacking style of football whilst still delivering results?

Nope. No chance.

Levy wants the team challenging for fourth, and that is what he is getting.

(well he probably would want the team winning the league really, but he wants us to be competitive)

i can only think that levy is already loving avb for making money for the club by way of bale's rise to superstardom

What if Levy had an opportunity to get Mourinho? Just sayin...

What if Levy had an opportunity to get Mourinho? Just sayin...

Is Mourinho with our squad and our constraints going to do any better, or play any nice football, than AVB would? I'm not really sure that's definitely the case to be honest.

Back