• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

You talk in riddles. Speak English!

I did speak english.

I asked what you thought we were doing wrong, a four word answer doesn't leave much room for discussion.

So obviously that is not what you are looking for, more likely just to vent your anger/irritation. Which is fair enough.

I try not to vent frustration on here. Let me simplify: it is my opinion that AVB is not learning from mistakes he's making with us. Forget Chelsea. Playing 2 DMs at home to WBA was wrong. He then did it against Wigan last weekend. He's playing 451 when 2 at home would obviously give us more firepower - yet he takes off Defoe for Ade when the whole crowd knew it was the wrong decision.

What's AVB doing differently to Harry with regards to the first two?

Personally Rossi we haven't got the right blend now for 451. VDV played that position and, IMO, Dempsey isn't suited to that position. I know people will disagree with that but I don't think he's a good link up player between midfield and attack. We need to play with 2 up top. IMO.

I try not to vent frustration on here. Let me simplify: it is my opinion that AVB is not learning from mistakes he's making with us. Forget Chelsea. Playing 2 DMs at home to WBA was wrong. He then did it against Wigan last weekend. He's playing 451 when 2 at home would obviously give us more firepower - yet he takes off Defoe for Ade when the whole crowd knew it was the wrong decision.

That's like the complete opposite of simplifying, elaborating you might say :p

With the current lack of depth what would you rather he played instead of those two DM's? Considering that the majority of our CM's are injured and our second striker is seemingly not yet match fit?

I don't think the two DM issue is that bad, did Mancini not qualify for the CL for the first season playing with two DMs?

I agree we don't have the personnel for 4-5-1, but i think Thudd is the major issue, as i've explained in the Thudd thread. I think it would look far better with Dembele.

Your right as Dembele offers that attacking input that LM did. I know injuries have hampered us but I'd hoped he would tell one of our central midfielders to support the attack when we go forward with the other staying back to break up the play when we're defending and the other CM might be caught coming back.

It seems like the two DMs are not offering anything going forward. He's played Sig too deep which nullifies any threat he has up his sleeve and that gives people the opportunity to jump on his back.

Your right as Dembele offers that attacking input that LM did. I know injuries have hampered us but I'd hoped he would tell one of our central midfielders to support the attack when we go forward with the other staying back to break up the play when we're defending and the other CM might be caught coming back.

It seems like the two DMs are not offering anything going forward. He's played Sig too deep which nullifies any threat he has up his sleeve and that gives people the opportunity to jump on his back.

That has a lot more to do with the players available to him than his instructions. Sandro has been trying to go forward, he just isn't particularly good at it and Sig in my eyes at least isn't a deep playmaker type at all and was asked to play there because the only other option was a kid.

That has a lot more to do with the players available to him than his instructions. Sandro has been trying to go forward, he just isn't particularly good at it and Sig in my eyes at least isn't a deep playmaker type at all and was asked to play there because the only other option was a kid.

As a central midfielder myself (and awful I might add) I could adapt to staying deep or attacking really easily. Surely, if Sandro ISN'T an attacking player, he earns enough to be able to adapt for a few games until our players are back?

As a central midfielder myself (and awful I might add) I could adapt to staying deep or attacking really easily. Surely, if Sandro ISN'T an attacking player, he earns enough to be able to adapt for a few games until our players are back?

Not if he's simply not good enough on the ball to play that role effectively. It's not a stylistic thing, it's a close control, passing and creativity thing.

He has tried to adapt, like he did when playing alongside Parker last season, but the results have been less than convincing.

Thudd on AVB and tactics........

"We're probably harder to beat and maybe not as open (under Villas-Boas)," the Spurs midfielder told a press conference.

"He's come in and been very organised, the lads know what session we're going to do before we go out to train.

"A lot of it is on rigid team shape, whereas under previous regimes the initiative has been given to the players to express themselves.

"Under this manager it's more his ideas and we stick to them.

"There have been a couple of games recently where we've needed to create more but I think that will come in time.

"It is hard for the fans. They've watched some good football over the last three or four years, maybe in a gung-ho style. But they've just got to be patient.

"The manager's still getting his ideas across and the lads are still getting fully used to what he wants us to do."

the end of the exciting football we witnessed over the last 4 years?

Harder to beat? We have 3 clean sheets in 15 games, only one in the league. Once we do get better defensively I think the attacking football will improve as well. We just need a bit more confidence. And a couple of midfielders.

Thudd on AVB and tactics........

"We're probably harder to beat and maybe not as open (under Villas-Boas)," the Spurs midfielder told a press conference.

"He's come in and been very organised, the lads know what session we're going to do before we go out to train.

"A lot of it is on rigid team shape, whereas under previous regimes the initiative has been given to the players to express themselves.

"Under this manager it's more his ideas and we stick to them.

"There have been a couple of games recently where we've needed to create more but I think that will come in time.

"It is hard for the fans. They've watched some good football over the last three or four years, maybe in a gung-ho style. But they've just got to be patient.

"The manager's still getting his ideas across and the lads are still getting fully used to what he wants us to do."

I think that's unfortunately apparent from the performances we've seen this year.

Yes - 4 brick games is conclusive proof we'll never play decent football again

Float the club tomorrow, sell-up and jog on

"The manager's still getting his ideas across and the lads are still getting fully used to what he wants us to do."[/I]

I think that's unfortunately apparent from the performances we've seen this year.

Yeah, nothing in there about being a bit patient and expecting us to get better going forward...

Doom and gloom.

Yes - 4 brick games is conclusive proof we'll never play decent footbttall again

Float the club tomorrow, sell-up and jog on

None if our games this season have particularly 'excited' me in terms of performance apart from the odd spell.

Playing the formation we do, particularly at home isnt going to give you that.

For the record I hope im proven to be wrong.

Some of our possession play has been mighty impressive.

We lack quality attacking players (not just strikers, per se) and I'm not entirely sure how that is AVB's fault directly - assuming Ade has been genuinely injured up to now.

My concern is the lack of creativity in getting the ball to our strikers. We seem constantly bereft of ideas.

Back