• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

If we lack creativity methinks it is because we lack teh players. You cannot blame AVB for that. He wanted Moutinho, and if rumours are to be believed we were in for Oscar and Willian. Maybe if Levy would spend money on more creative types i tmight make a difference.

If we lack creativity methinks it is because we lack teh players. You cannot blame AVB for that. He wanted Moutinho, and if rumours are to be believed we were in for Oscar and Willian. Maybe if Levy would spend money on more creative types i tmight make a difference.

True, but then the question is whether or not we have the money to spend.

Which is a dead end.

As Comolli pointed out not long ago - we seem to be more concerned about making profit on players / transfer windows so perhaps the answer lies somewhere in-between

Just like we were last year, the difference being that one player missed very few matches.

Yup, that's obviously AVB's fault.

i didnt blame anyone, just saying that its not good to be reliant on one player to supply good incisive passing and creativity. Yes, it was the same with Modric last year and that wasnt adequate either

hopefully AVB can find a way on the training pitch to get the team functioning better in the final 3rd whereby we we create chances through good interplay and movement between all the attackers

Just like we were last year, the difference being that one player missed very few matches.

Yup, that's obviously AVB's fault.

The excuses are beyond ridiculous. Stop banging on about Luka Modric as if you have no right to win a game without him. There are 19 other PL clubs that don't have Modric, 15 of those would love to have our current midfield, with the remaining 4 would probably like a few of ours for their squad.

Modric broke his leg and we still got 4th that season. Lennon also had a long spell out that season and Bale was in the reserves for half of it. Hudd was out all last season and he had always been a starter under Harry.

So why now do we suddenly start looking closely at injuries?

The excuses are beyond ridiculous. Stop banging on about Luka Modric as if you have no right to win a game without him. There are 19 other PL clubs that don't have Modric, 15 of those would love to have our current midfield, with the remaining 4 would probably like a few of ours for their squad.

Modric broke his leg and we still got 4th that season. Lennon also had a long spell out that season and Bale was in the reserves for half of it. Hudd was out all last season and he had always been a starter under Harry.

So why now do we suddenly start looking closely at injuries?

Because we've had like 5 or 6 first choice players out for the majority of the games this season.

It's a little different to one player out this or that season.

Because we've had like 5 or 6 first choice players out for the majority of the games this season.

We had injuries last season. King, Hudd, Ade, etc... These are players that WERE key to our play last season. This season we have injuries too.

We had injuries last season. King, Hudd, Ade, etc... These are players that WERE key to our play last season. This season we have injuries too.

Never to the same extent.

For the first half of the season (bar the first two games for obvious reasons), we played pretty much the same team in the League.

Never to the same extent.

For the first half of the season (bar the first two games for obvious reasons), we played pretty much the same team in the League.

the loss of Lennon in the second half of last season had a massive impact

Simply a poor excuse. Injuries are no different to any other season. Last season we had Ryan Nelson and Saha playing due to injuries, vdv was always missing games. There will never be a time when we have everyone fit. The year Luka and Lennon were out long term also had other injuries.

I would have thought Adebayor would be the biggest loss in terms of reducing team performance, but some of our worst results have been on the occasion when he was on the bench. Not that I'm convinced he would have started all games anyway when you see AVB selecting Defoe up front on his own.

In quite a few positions its a close call as to who is better anyway. Parker is out but I'm not convinced he would play. BAE is out but Vert has done a fine job at LB.

I think AVB likes Gallas so I don't know who the first choice back 4 would be.

Either way, performances with the team we put out should not be this poor. Poor results but good performance means you can't really blame the manager, we are doing ok points wise but fans are hating what the current manager is doing.

the loss of Lennon in the second half of last season had a massive impact

Yep, I was trying to think how long we've been waiting for Spurs to sign another winger so that we have some cover for Lennon or Bale...honestly cant remember the last other winger that we had. We've stock piled CBs and RBs at different times, we've even stock piled keepers, but never actually realised that we play a lot through our wide men so it would make sense to have some cover there

Simply a poor excuse. Injuries are no different to any other season. Last season we had Ryan Nelson and Saha playing due to injuries, vdv was always missing games. There will never be a time when we have everyone fit. The year Luka and Lennon were out long term also had other injuries.

I would have thought Adebayor would be the biggest loss in terms of reducing team performance, but some of our worst results have been on the occasion when he was on the bench. Not that I'm convinced he would have started all games anyway when you see AVB selecting Defoe up front on his own.

In quite a few positions its a close call as to who is better anyway. Parker is out but I'm not convinced he would play. BAE is out but Vert has done a fine job at LB.

I think AVB likes Gallas so I don't know who the first choice back 4 would be.

Either way, performances with the team we put out should not be this poor. Poor results but good performance means you can't really blame the manager, we are doing ok points wise but fans are hating what the current manager is doing.

I disagree, but i can see i'm not going to get anywhere with it.

Our best run of performances came when we were able to put out a consistent first eleven. We have been unable to do that this season, and have struggled as a result.

Last edited:
Yep, I was trying to think how long we've been waiting for Spurs to sign another winger so that we have some cover for Lennon or Bale...honestly cant remember the last other winger that we had. We've stock piled CBs and RBs at different times, we've even stock piled keepers, but never actually realised that we play a lot through our wide men so it would make sense to have some cover there

Hopefully, Falque and Townsend can develop into that. I think that we would struggle to keep players much better than that happy. Anyone as understand to Lennon and Bale will always be a step down because they are two of the best wingers in the league.

Hopefully, Falque and Townsend can develop into that. I think that we would struggle to keep players much better than that happy. Anyone as understand to Lennon and Bale will always be a step down because they are two of the best wingers in the league.

I think that's true considering we're not in champions league. But if we were we'd need much better quality in reserve, all it takes is for Bale to get a knock against Wigan on Saturday and then all of a sudden we're relying on Townsend at LW against Inter Milan on the Wednesday?

The catch 22 is that one of the reasons we don't have champions league is that we didn't have enough quality to be able to rotate to keep our best players in form, but you can't get that quality in reserve unless you're in the champions league. ugh......

Back