• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Can you show where she has problems with other comedians making distasteful jokes? I have heard some of the most liberal comedians out there make disgusting and distasteful jokes because they think they are funny, Southpark seem to be fairly liberal but my GHod they are distasteful and very funny. I don't know anything about her and perhaps she does.

Difference between her and trump is she is not running for public office, you can be offended by someone running for public office and at a rally doing something and not when a comedian on stage does the same thing, I don't find this hypocritical,
I'm not saying she has a problem with bad taste jokes, I'm saying that her joke is about everything she as a liberal stands against. She can't have it both ways, lack of gun control, picking on the weak ( the son) and the freedom to make jokes in bad taste.
If it's wrong for one it's wrong for all.

I'm not saying she has a problem with bad taste jokes, I'm saying that her joke is about everything she as a liberal stands against. She can't have it both ways, lack of gun control, picking on the weak ( the son) and the freedom to make jokes in bad taste.
If it's wrong for one it's wrong for all.
yes you can - you an be liberal and find offensive humour funny- and again there is a world of difference between a person running for president taking the tinkle out of a cripple at a rally and a comedian doing it on stage, I don't agree "if its wrong for one its wrong for all" and I suspect you don't either really.

This is a trope I have seen recently on the internet imposing ideals on "liberals" - yes there are people who get offended about everything, need safe spaces etc. but this is not every Liberal and not everyone who is anti trump is a liberal. This is a stick that has been picked up by the alt right to attack "liberals".

yes you can - you an be liberal and find offensive humour funny- and again there is a world of difference between a person running for president taking the tinkle out of a cripple at a rally and a comedian doing it on stage, I don't agree "if its wrong for one its wrong for all" and I suspect you don't either really.

This is a trope I have seen recently on the internet imposing ideals on "liberals" - yes there are people who get offended about everything, need safe spaces etc. but this is not every Liberal and not everyone who is anti trump is a liberal. This is a stick that has been picked up by the alt right to attack "liberals".
I'm not offended by the joke at all, there's plenty of bad taste jokes out there that I find hilarious. This one just doesn't tickle my funny bone.
My problem isn't with the joke, my problem is with her making it, she makes some of her living writing/performing jokes about people like trump and how they behave and how wrong it is.
So if it's wrong for one, yes it is wrong for another.

I'm not offended by the joke at all, there's plenty of bad taste jokes out there that I find hilarious. This one just doesn't tickle my funny bone.
My problem isn't with the joke, my problem is with her making it, she makes some of her living writing/performing jokes about people like trump and how they behave and how wrong it is.

she makes a living attacking hypocrisy in power

Do you see the difference between Spurs fans calling themselves Yids and getting upset with Chelsea fans calling us Yids etc? Do you think that if you get upset by Chelsea fans doing it you should not call yourself or can you see that context is also important?

Do you see the difference between Spurs fans calling themselves Yids and getting upset with Chelsea fans calling us Yids etc? Do you think that if you get upset by Chelsea fans doing it you should not call yourself or can you see that context is also important?
Ok I'm not a Yid, I'm not of any faith and I know that by using that name for myself some people who are of that faith might find it annoying. I wouldn't want to disrespect someone's religion, just because it's not important to me, doesnt mean it isn't to them.
I do get what you are saying on that, I personally don't find name calling a problem. I know it probably goes a bit deeper than that with more sinister connotations but as I'm not a Londoner it's not something that can fully appreciate. We do have a similar situation up here in glasgow, and it's one reason I refuse to follow Scottish football.

I'm going to leave it at that, you have your view and I have mine. It's difficult at times to put a point across on line without sounding like a raging looney and I have no wish to seem like that to a fellow Spurs supporter, so before I do I'll call it a day.

Ok I'm not a Yid, I'm not of any faith and I know that by using that name for myself some people who are of that faith might find it annoying. I wouldn't want to disrespect someone's religion, just because it's not important to me, doesnt mean it isn't to them.
I do get what you are saying on that, I personally don't find name calling a problem. I know it probably goes a bit deeper than that with more sinister connotations but as I'm not a Londoner it's not something that can fully appreciate. We do have a similar situation up here in glasgow, and it's one reason I refuse to follow Scottish football.

I'm going to leave it at that, you have your view and I have mine. It's difficult at times to put a point across on line without sounding like a raging looney and I have no wish to seem like that to a fellow Spurs supporter, so before I do I'll call it a day.
Cool Cool - the only reason why I ran with it is its something I am seeing at the moment on all issues.

Cool Cool - the only reason why I ran with it is its something I am seeing at the moment on all issues.
You're dead right on that, they're all at it. Hate it the way I can't get on the moral high ground for all these idiots crowding it out.
Get off, this is mine:D

Back