• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Yeah it could be ....As could the aerial shots of the inauguration crowds?.....
_93733565_view_reu976.jpg

TBH, I couldn't do that in MS Paint, but Reuters probably have better guys than me.

(For info, although I worry about Trump, he's what you lot voted for so just got to see how it plays out now. Much like Brexit tbh. But it doesn't inspire confidence when first up he's getting into a pointless argument about the crowd size, instead of just saying "So what?")

@Seedy Ron ....I hear just the one voice when reading everyone else's posts, but with your posts , it's like Harry is talking!:)
:D I should use this power well, err...

I will never play for Man Utd, and Real can shove it up their arse.

_93733565_view_reu976.jpg

TBH, I couldn't do that in MS Paint, but Reuters probably have better guys than me.

(For info, although I worry about Trump, he's what you lot voted for so just got to see how it plays out now. Much like Brexit tbh. But it doesn't inspire confidence when first up he's getting into a pointless argument about the crowd size, instead of just saying "So what?")

:D I should use this power well, err...

I will never play for Man Utd, and Real can shove it up their arse.

See above. It makes a decent stab at his 'reasoning' for pursuing the attendance lie.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...te-house-press-briefing-live-updates#comments

Is he retracting his claim that Trump’s inauguration was the largest crowd ever in person?

That’s not what I said, says Spicer.

Did you mean in person and around the globe?

I meant total audence; both in persona nda round the globe, says Spicer.

You’re saying both together?

“That’s literally what I said ... I don’t know how you can interpret it differently.”

You’re not saying in person?

I am not. I am saying it was the total largest audience witnessed in person and around the globe.”

His original quote in full from Saturday was:

Inaccurate numbers involving crowd size were also tweeted. No one had numbers, because the National Park Service, which controls the National Mall, does not put any out. By the way, this applies to any attempts to try to count the number of protestors today in the same fashion.

We do know a few things, so let’s go through the facts. We know that from the platform where the President was sworn in, to 4th Street, it holds about 250,000 people. From 4th Street to the media tent is about another 220,000. And from the media tent to the Washington Monument, another 250,000 people. All of this space was full when the President took the Oath of Office. We know that 420,000 people used the D.C. Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 that used it for President Obama’s last inaugural. This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration -- period -- both in person and around the globe. Even the New York Times printed a photograph showing a misrepresentation of the crowd in the original Tweet in their paper, which showed the full extent of the support, depth in crowd, and intensity that existed.

Last edited:
It is ridiculous to even get drawn into a debate about crowd size. As @Seedy Ron says, the correct response should been "so fudging what?"
That Trump and his guys feel like they need to respond to any slight, whether real or perceived, shows that he is more about perception than anything of real substance. He has the maturity of a young teenager.

It is ridiculous to even get drawn into a debate about crowd size. As @Seedy Ron says, the correct response should been "so fudging what?"
That Trump and his guys feel like they need to respond to any slight, whether real or perceived, shows that he is more about perception than anything of real substance. He has the maturity of a young teenager.

Or is it a strategy to create storms about nothing, giving him good days to bury bad news?

Or is it a strategy to create storms about nothing, giving him good days to bury bad news?
Could well be that, heard some talking heads on ABC (I think) pointing out that all that nonsense had basically buried that however many million women marched the other day.

But then again his Twitter account is a regular stream of him being unable to just ignore any slight on how brilliant he is, so who knows?

We're not hearing much about Trump ditching plans for a pan-Pacific trade agreement that would have seen lower import taxes and most importantly, better patent protection. The Chinese are mugging everyone off. They weren't involved in this deal, but it would have been an important step.

Could well be that, heard some talking heads on ABC (I think) pointing out that all that nonsense had basically buried that however many million women marched the other day.

But then again his Twitter account is a regular cat video on youtube of him being unable to just ignore any slight on how brilliant he is, so who knows?

Poor snowflake.

We're not hearing much about Trump ditching plans for a pan-Pacific trade agreement that would have seen lower import taxes and most importantly, better patent protection. The Chinese are mugging everyone off. They weren't involved in this deal, but it would have been an important step.

This is the worst thing that he has done today. People will die as a result of this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/23/trump-abortion-gag-rule-international-ngo-funding

It's also probably a good example of the quid pro quo, trump is too much of a narcissist to have any real faith, this is something he's giving back to the tea party for helping to get him here

It's also probably a good example of the quid pro quo, trump is too much of a narcissist to have any real faith, this is something he's giving back to the tea party for helping to get him here

Indeed. He has taken just about every position it is possible to have on abortion. Like on so many issues, it is clear that he does not believe in anything other than saying what it takes to further his own interests.

How would it have been a step for patent protection in china?

How would it have been a step for patent protection in china?

It would have meant better trading terms with the other countries and possibly less trade with China. They're making billions off technology they're stealing. You have to start somewhere.

It would have meant better trading terms with the other countries and possibly less trade with China. They're making billions off technology they're stealing. You have to start somewhere.
Fraustian pact, they all want access to the huge market /build cheap stuff and they know what is going to happen, can't see how more trade with other countries effects trade with China, rich multinationals have no need to trade with China now but still do

Back