• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

This is constantly an attack against the left and liberal cant complain about something unless you address everything
- if you are rich you cant talk about inequality
- if you don't address all the worlds ills you cant address any

Its bollox and not used against the right and their principles, just a way to divert attention from the issue at hand.

I see it as the difference between punching up and punching down - attacking those that have less power, influence etc is not the same.

Good point, but in todays world some folks just like to bitch, especially when they do not get what they want.

And just to give the argument balance I also think Trump is a sexist pig, and I understand why American women have mobilsed against him in protest, they have a vested interest, its their country.

But I don't get the thousands worldwide because even as a sexist pig his actual crimes against women pale to a host of other people and places in the world.

Is the world just a band of bandwagon jumpers?

And just to give the argument balance I also think Trump is a sexist pig, and I understand why American women have mobilsed against him in protest, they have a vested interest, its their country.

But I don't get the thousands worldwide because even as a sexist pig his actual crimes against women pale to a host of other people and places in the world.

Agree with this point, seems largely pointless other than to massage their own ego - in the world of social media its easy for these types to gain traction and I think this is very much a Facebok / Reddit protest rather than any worthwhile exercise.

it's not just about his misogyny, it's about the administrations perceived feelings to minority groups, trump is the figurehead of the administration

it's just as much about pences disgusting opinions on homosexuals and bannons racism

it's not just about his misogyny, it's about the administrations perceived feelings to minority groups, trump is the figurehead of the administration

it's just as much about pences disgusting opinions on homosexuals and bannons racism

As long as they don't hang them from the town square I still think their are bigger fish to fry, but alas as The Doors once said "People are Strange"

there will always be bigger fish to fry, but change is only ever made by those who show up

It becomes difficult though when a number of people want change but don't agree on whats the best course of action. Which really goes back to the original point I suppose, you might not agree with the result but love thy neighbour and all that

It becomes difficult though when a number of people want change but don't agree on whats the best course of action. Which really goes back to the original point I suppose, you might not agree with the result but love thy neighbour and all that

I see nothing wrong with saying "we think you stand for this, and we don't like it"

the march didn't take anything away from anybody

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

there will always be bigger fish to fry, but change is only ever made by those who show up

Well they showed up at the election and now they have the president they voted for.

Serious question though i keep hearing how obama care was for poorer folk, yet it was them that voted for Trump. So was obama care a waste of time?

Well they showed up at the election and now they have the president they voted for.

Serious question though i keep hearing how obama care was for poorer folk, yet it was them that voted for Trump. So was obama care a waste of time?

I don't know nothing about it so I am keen to know more, because I imagine those that could afford private care has it, so like you say Obama care was for the poorer class I assume, but they moaned it didnt work, so why?

I guess Trump being now the "leader of the Free World" is held to a higher moral standard; much like how the USA and "The West" like to morally elevant themselves above the likes of Russia, Middle Eastern leaders etc as being "more free" and "more enlightened".

Whether that is true or not, the case for it being true is always put forward by the USA and "The West".
So it is only natural that a leader who speaks and acts like someone from those "other countries" will be called to account somewhat.

Think its a mixture of poor people not voting, healthcare not their most important issue and they believe the message that they are poor because of other people be that the liberal elite or the Mexicans. Obamacare has mixed results, but it ended up a bit crap due to it being massively watered down. On the up side a lot more people have coverage, you cant be turned away for existing conditions, its a lot harder for an illness to send you bankrupt. On the downside it did not stop healthcare costs from going up for a lot of middle income they are paying more for less, it does nothing to stop a lot of the problems with the insurance industry including lobbying and the high costs associated with the US health. To reiterate its tough to judge as it was so watered down there was a lot of worst from both worlds.

52% of voters earning less than $50,000 a year – who make up 36% of the electorate – voted for Clinton, and 41% for Trump.

poor people don't vote -
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-s/bernie-sanders-said-poor-people-dont-vote/

"68.5 percent of poor people didn’t vote in 2014....As PolitiFact has reported, census data may overstate the turnout rates, as it’s based on self-reporting. So it’s possible that Sanders’ 80 percent figure is closer to actual rates than what the survey shows, but this is speculative."

"
A 2015 Pew Center survey looked at the politics of financial security, which analysts defined as having a credit card, a savings or checking account, and a retirement or investment plan; not needing to borrow money; not falling behind on bills, rent or mortgage payments; and not receiving food assistance or Medicaid benefits.

The survey found that just 20 percent of the least financially secure were "likely voters" in 2014 compared to 69 percent of the most financially secure."

IIRC the Republicans agreed to it, but made sure it would never work as intended through other bills. Big pharma profits are more important than the people.

It's heart warming to read the numerous posts on here, condemning the Anti-Trump violence and destruction of private and public property.

The writer of popular american comedy TV show Saturday Night Live ....

3C586B5500000578-0-image-a-59_1484974620808.jpg

Nice one Katie, that's so funny, you must be a lot of laughs and a charming lady.

He's ten years old you sicko!

The women's march ....

Well I don't know about some of you guys out there that have daughters - I'm just thankful mine are nothing like these clowns.

C21QUyXVEAAomwk.jpg

:(

Back