• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Was watching CNN interview a protestor and his words were "the police are cool with us, i think a lot of them are on our side".

He's not wrong that's for sure. And now it's come out a Policeman died. Thank GHod it was the hands of a far right white mob otherwise it may have been a real problem to tackle.
Looks like a couple of them have been identified and are military or police

I think it was self-preservation.

It was an almighty rooster up not having more of a presence there in the first place, but I don't think the actions of those in place there were anything other than an understanding they were woefully outnumbered and under-equipped to deal with what was happening.

I thought the police had guns and tear gas.

We'll never be able to run the control experiment of course, but I think it's highly unlikely Antifa or BLM would have gotten into the building.

This was predictable. Not knowing is part of the problem.

I'm assuming that he always acts in self interest.

I think what often appears as irrational to us is mainly him acting in an extreme manner to follow his only concern.

I don't think he's anywhere near mentally stable enough to know what's in his own best interest all of the time.

And his perception of his self interest doesn't have to align with what is best for him.

Narcissism doesn't make one rational.

Whilst said as a quip, I'm addressing what I think is a very serious point.

If people cry wolf and assume racism every time a rioter is shot by police (and that assumption was very much the case here and across social media) it lessens the value of the real calls of racism we make when we do see it.

I think bigger factors in calls of racism not being taken seriously are all the racists, systemic racism and unacknowledged priveledge.

I agree that people shouldn't jump to conclusions, if possible. But some people will on all sides. That shouldn't discredit valid arguments.

Was watching CNN interview a protestor and his words were "the police are cool with us, i think a lot of them are on our side".

He's not wrong that's for sure. And now it's come out a Policeman died. Thank GHod it was the hands of a far right white mob otherwise it may have been a real problem to tackle.
I'm shocked, shocked I tell thee. The police?

Looks like he finally managed to dislodge his tongue from Trump's ass.
Ahahahaha. Cowards having to walk the tightrope of distancing themselves from Trump enough to not seem like a complete and obvious idiot while not going so hard that they alianate the base.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/07/capitol-hill-riots-doj-456178

"But Capitol Police are now facing a reckoning after appearing to feed the rioters’ perception that they would not be severely punished for their behavior, as one congressional staffer said — videos have circulated online appearing to show a Capitol police officer taking selfies with the protesters, and some Metro D.C. police officers were seen chatting and joking around with protesters who had breached the perimeter."

"One current Metro D.C. police officer said in a public Facebook post that off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the building. “If these people can storm the Capitol building with no regard to punishment, you have to wonder how much they abuse their powers when they put on their uniforms,” the officer wrote."

I thought the police had guns and tear gas.

We'll never be able to run the control experiment of course, but I think it's highly unlikely Antifa or BLM would have gotten into the building.

This was predictable. Not knowing is part of the problem.
I think the tear gas came later with the armed guard. Worth remembering that these are not riot police. They're trained, but spend most of their days telling tourists not to lean on the ropes.

The real problem is the lack of information. I don't know how underground the planning was - I certainly didn't know it was happening until it hit the news. That wasn't the case the last time there was a riot there.

I don't think he's anywhere near mentally stable enough to know what's in his own best interest all of the time.

And his perception of his self interest doesn't have to align with what is best for him.

Narcissism doesn't make one rational.
That is entirely possible. Although he's done a very good job of looking after himself and his own, so I would lean towards the narcissist who knows what he's doing over the one who keeps stumbling into a new way of making a very comfortable life for himself.

I think bigger factors in calls of racism not being taken seriously are all the racists, systemic racism and unacknowledged priveledge.

I agree that people shouldn't jump to conclusions, if possible. But some people will on all sides. That shouldn't discredit valid arguments.
Obviously racists are the main issue with racism, but I don't think we're going to change them. They're already excluded from polite society, their actions are illegal, short of locking them up for thought crimes when they don't act, I don't know what else we can do.

They will die off though and will not be replaced at the rate they die.

Of course, to show that privilege is a problem, one has to show that the actions of normal, non-racist people differs depending on race - I don't think that's the case except for comparatively rare exceptions.

What the word privilege has become though, is a useful tool for some to devalue the opinions of others based on their gender, race, upbringing, etc.

Back