• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I'm torn between him actually believing that and setting up the grift where he could appropriate the funds to wherever he wanted.

Again though, if we're to believe he's doing this to stay in power then the only method is all out civil war. There's just not nearly enough neckbeards for that to even begin.

To me that was the whole question mark around last November's election. How large is the silent majority. Turns out with him getting 70m plus votes, it's worryingly large. Let's not forget how dumb this guy and his advisors are. Trump sees himself as the mouthpiece for the disenfranchised redneck. Plus he loves the attention.

Seriously, please step me through what he has to gain from this.

The one thing we can know most certainly about Trump is that he always acts in his own interests. If you're going to convince me this is what he wants, you'll have to convince me of both what he has to gain from this and what he has to gain from an apparent climb down that he didn't want to make.

Let me start delivering on my previous offer by saying that he is a narcissist. Add an (admittedly brilliant) ability to separate tossers from their money (over $250 million since Nov), put that on the list next to increasingly pending criminal charges, speculate on who's actually got him by the balls from beyond the US and top it off with the narcissists' dream of 70 million people swearing fealty in the same dumb, stupid way many of them follow the likes of Falwellesque preachers and "that Jesus" and you have the beginning of your answer.

If you did not figure this out already, if you GENUINELY could not connect any dots, then you need to ponder how much you really do understand about him.

I wonder will Pence kickoff the 25th amendment. It doesn't have to even get to a vote in congress, just 8 department heads to get the ball rolling, and it runs out the clock on his presidency with Pence in charge.

Let me start delivering on my previous offer by saying that he is a narcissist. Add an (admittedly brilliant) ability to separate tossers from their money (over $250 million since Nov), put that on the list next to increasingly pending criminal charges, speculate on who's actually got him by the balls from beyond the US and top it off with the narcissists' dream of 70 million people swearing fealty in the same dumb, stupid way many of them follow the likes of Falwellesque preachers and "that Jesus" and you have the beginning of your answer.

If you did not figure this out already, if you GENUINELY could not connect any dots, then you need to ponder how much you really do understand about him.
Then encouraging this will not help his cause. Those motivated by these kinds of events might all throw him a few $ but that's not where the money is in politics.

The big money in politics will be scared off by something like this -again, it's all about winning. In order to make real money from donors, Trump needs to show some chance of winning. Most big donors don't care about his politics, they care that he's going to be president and owe them a favour. This theory all falls down when there's no way he can be president.

To me that was the whole question mark around last November's election. How large is the silent majority. Turns out with him getting 70m plus votes, it's worryingly large. Let's not forget how dumb this guy and his advisors are. Trump sees himself as the mouthpiece for the disenfranchised redneck. Plus he loves the attention.
70m includes all the moderates though. We can guarantee they'll be nowhere near him now.

So someone got shot by the police last night. Must have been racism.

What we need is more protests and violence until the police stop shooting.

Did I get it right?

Then encouraging this will not help his cause. Those motivated by these kinds of events might all throw him a few $ but that's not where the money is in politics.

The big money in politics will be scared off by something like this -again, it's all about winning. In order to make real money from donors, Trump needs to show some chance of winning. Most big donors don't care about his politics, they care that he's going to be president and owe them a favour. This theory all falls down when there's no way he can be president.

Err...

If he can convince his base that he has the GOP in his pocket, if he can convince the GOP that he has them in his pocket, then he is "winning" even in losing (which, by the way, if you have studied the man is his biggest fear - losing). Why don't you look at the likes of Hawley? Forget Cruz, he's a putz, but Hawley is very, very dangerous, and if Trump can claim credit for his creation/forcing the GOP to that path, his "donors" will back him and Hawley in all sorts of ways. You also need to consider how many favors he has outstanding which are to be called in on him. The Presidency is a protection against that and state prosecution.

Back