• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Yes many thought it was rhetoric, lots of voters thought he would be reigned in by his party. For example I know a whole host of small business people who voted for the Republicans because they did not want Hilary's minimum wage policy to be introduced. I know others who just didn't want Hilary but were ostensibly democrats.

Sorry mate i really think that is just guesswork on you part. Some may have had that opinion but the vast majority seem to support what he is doing. However if you actually live in America then i bow to your greater knowledge on that.

Obama deported more people from America than anyone put together, it was once described as a deportation MACHINE

Bush killed hundreds of thousands of Muslins, Obamas regime did the same but people go ape about Trumps travel ban. Do me a favour honestly

I think the liberals need to start adjusting their moral compasses
Again the point is not that people support the mistakes of others but condemn a policy that compounds those mistakes. As for Obama deporting people, I take it they were illegals? This policy targets legit American citizens too.

So are you suggesting that those who voted for him did not want him to do what he said he was going too?

Didn't you yourself say, earlier in this thread, that only idiots thought he would actually build a wall? And now he's signed an executive order to build it. Perhaps people who voted for him thought that way too, either about the wall or other policies such as this immigrant ban.

Well lets say that is your opinion, there seem to be a lot of Yanks who disagree with you and support him. So are you implying that those who do support him are all racist, idiots?

61m racists, everyones a racist if they don't slaughter someone for what? A 90 day travel ban? Jesus

Sorry mate i really think that is just guesswork on you part. Some may have had that opinion but the vast majority seem to support what he is doing. However if you actually live in America then i bow to your greater knowledge on that.
No not guesswork but by talking to Americans I know who supported Trump.

Didn't you yourself say, earlier in this thread, that only idiots thought he would actually build a wall? And now he's signed an executive order to build it. Perhaps people who voted for him thought that way too, either about the wall or other policies such as this immigrant ban.

The point i made earlier was that 600 miles of the wall was already built ( by Bush) so its not has he meant he was going to do something different.

61m racists, everyones a racist if they don't slaughter someone for what? A 90 day travel ban? Jesus
A 90 day travel ban against Muslims from certain countries that seems totally arbitrary when looked at closely. Any overt act of racism should be called out no? No one would do anything other than laugh if it was a Tavel ban against every one.

Again the point is not that people support the mistakes of others but condemn a policy that compounds those mistakes. As for Obama deporting people, I take it they were illegals? This policy targets legit American citizens too.

Its a simple point to answer, why no universal outpouring of outrage when Muslims were being killed by Obama policy?

As for deportations, Trump will carry on with the deportation of undocumented citizens and has every right to do so, Obama was doing exactly the same things.

Its a simple point to answer, why no universal outpouring of outrage when Muslims were being killed by Obama policy?

As for deportations, Trump will carry on with the deportation of undocumented citizens and has every right to do so, Obama was doing exactly the same things.
American foreign policy has been condemned for years. But you could argue the bombing authorized by Obama were against terrorist targets. This ban targets ordinary muslims. I can't fathom why you and parklane1 are not making the distinction.

So i ask again, what do you think of the supporters he has ( ie the ones that voted for him and support what he is doing)

I don't think that you have asked me that before, your previous questions were about whether I thought his supporters were racists.

I do not know whether his voters support this measure. His approval ratings are the worst of any new President in history and have fallen in his first week. I am not aware of any new polling since Friday.

I don't think that you have asked me that before, your previous questions were about whether I thought his supporters were racists.

I do not know whether his voters support this measure. His approval ratings are the worst of any new President in history and have fallen in his first week. I am not aware of any new polling since Friday.

You know as well as i do i meant the ones who voted for him on his platform, the one's he is carrying out now.

I think that many of the people protesting about the ban , would also have protested against American military intervention in the Middle East.

You know as well as i do i meant the ones who voted for him on his platform, the one's he is carrying out now.

I didn't actually. You asked me whether I thought his supporters were racists and I answered the question even though it had nothing to do with the post that you were replying to and it was asked in a rather rude manner.

American foreign policy has been condemned for years. But you could argue the bombing authorized by Obama were against terrorist targets. This ban targets ordinary muslims. I can't fathom why you and parklane1 are not making the distinction.

I can make a distinction and I believe deaths are more serious than inconvenience. I equally can not fathom how Obama supporters can be screaming from the hills in outrage at Trump when their own darling had blood on his hands.

As for the deportation policy everyone is again having a pop at Trump for, Trump is following the same policy but upping the intensity....Trump's plan to remove the undocumented immigrants who have committed crimes. Its a carbon copy of Obamas policy

And his Mexico border policy is exactly that of Bill Clintons

The point i made earlier was that 600 miles of the wall was already built ( by Bush) so its not has he meant he was going to do something different.

My mistake, it was in the other politics thread (I just searched for your username and they keyword 'wall' :) )

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/politics-politics-politics.6328/page-315#post-865002

Of course he said it ( i have never said he did not) but i never thought ( and still do not) that he was actually going to build a wall. If people actually thought he would i really despair about the human race, as you say he does not always think before he speaks. He will learn to lie with a smile and a earnest look on his face like most politicians do before long though.

You seem like a reasonable fella. Now if you heard him talk pre-election and decided that he didn't really mean what he said about building the wall, who is to say that many people who voted for him thought along the same lines?

To be honest, I thought he was mostly rhetoric myself, I thought he was just playing to the gallery to get elected. The worrying thing is that he may actually turn out to be a proper nutter.

I can make a distinction and I believe deaths are more serious than inconvenience. I equally can not fathom how Obama supporters can be screaming from the hills in outrage at Trump when their own darling had blood on his hands.

As for the deportation policy everyone is again having a pop at Trump for, Trump is following the same policy but upping the intensity....Trump's plan to remove the undocumented immigrants who have committed crimes. Its a carbon copy of Obamas policy

And his Mexico border policy is exactly that of Bill Clintons
We are going around in circles. You keep mentioning Obama, without any context to the ranting. Deportation of illegals by the way is correct no problems as long as it is not just illegals from one ethnic group/ religion. I don't recall in Bill Clinton's time the Mexican President cancelling a proposed trip to America and condemning the US incumbent.

Back