• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

This is spot on

People say Trumps decision on the Middle East protects his business interests, like no president has done that before.

I can't judge Trump by a new set of Trump Standards to just ignore whats gone before him, that would be stupid.
No you should condemn both equally. Stating that this happened before is no defence for what is happening now.

Really?, it was not that long ago black people were still forced off buses, what about the Japanese/Americans who were interned during the last war. America is a great country with many great people ( many who i class as friends) but their leaders are corrupt in many ways.
That was not being led openly by the president.

That was not being led openly by the president.

Come on get real, if he/they were against any of that they would have stopped it. Just to make it clear i am no supporter of Trump but there seems to be a few who are happy to ignore the fact that he is no different then some who have gone before him. America has history of doing just what they please and screw the rest of the World.

@parklane1 I think you are misjudging this if you are viewing the arguments against trump through a brexit remainers vs leavers lens. Trump is brexit plus a million times. People voted for him for a number of reasons, many as he was the Republican candidate, many were democrats disillusioned with Hilary. So not all trump supporters were racist but many were misguided in thinking he would not follow through with his programme of hate.

Come on get real, if he/they were against any of that they would have stopped it. Just to make it clear i am no supporter of Trump but there seems to be a few who are happy to ignore the fact that he is no different then some who have gone before him. America has history of doing just what they please and screw the rest of the World.
So it's wrong to call them out?

@parklane1 I think you are misjudging this if you think this if you are viewing it through a brexit remainers vs leavers lens. Trump is brexit plus a million times. People voted for him for a number of reasons, many as he was the Republican candidate, many were democrats disillusioned with Hilary. So not all trump supporters were racist but many were misguided in thinking he would not follow through with his programme of hate.

Nothing to do with Brexit as far as i am concerned, the only likeness is that he was voted in by some who were fed up with the status Quo.

Well lets say that is your opinion, there seem to be a lot of Yanks who disagree with you and support him. So are you implying that those who do support him are all racist, idiots?

The fact that he has appointed Bannon to the National Security Council and removed the heads of the intelligence agencies is not an opinion, it is a fact. As are Bannon's views on race. Him submitting his candidacy for 2020 and the implications of that are also not an opinion.

@parklane1 I think you are misjudging this if you are viewing the arguments against trump through a brexit remainers vs leavers lens. Trump is brexit plus a million times. People voted for him for a number of reasons, many as he was the Republican candidate, many were democrats disillusioned with Hilary. So not all trump supporters were racist but many were misguided in thinking he would not follow through with his programme of hate.

So are you suggesting that those who voted for him did not want him to do what he said he was going too?

The fact that he has appointed Bannon to the National Security Council and removed the heads of the intelligence agencies is not an opinion, it is a fact. As are Bannon's views on race. Him submitting his candidacy for 2020 and the implications of that are also not an opinion.

So are you saying that all those who voted for him and support him are racists.

Of course not, but that goes from most of the Presidents ( and i have lived through a few) but there seems to be far greater out crying then i have heard before.
Well I must admit In my lifetime I am unaware of a western leader singling out an ethnic group/religion. This was the sort of stuff associated with 1930s Germany. Not sure about your line about far greater crying out. I seem to remember a whole movement of civil rights in the US, anti apartheid protests against South Africa and a huge "stop the war" campaign here in the U.K.

Or the equivalent of an aerial bombardment of Libya or the arming of terrorists such as in Syria.

It looks like he is going to be complicit in supporting a dictator who has tortured and used chemical weapon on civilians in Syria. It doesn't look like he is going to stop aerial bombing in Syria either, is that ok?

So are you saying that all those who voted for him and support him are racists.

Of course not. I don't know how you drew that from what I was saying, which is about Trump's actions this weekend. They are the actions of a tinpot tyrant.

Well I must admit In my lifetime I am unaware of a western leader singling out an ethnic group/religion. This was the sort of stuff associated with 1930s Germany. Not sure about your line about far greater crying out. I seem to remember a whole movement of civil rights in the US, anti apartheid protests against South Africa and a huge "stop the war" campaign here in the U.K.

Well you must have misunderstood my point, i was talking about America's foreign policys over the years, i mentioned a couple of them earlier.

So are you suggesting that those who voted for him did not want him to do what he said he was going too?
Yes many thought it was rhetoric, lots of voters thought he would be reigned in by his party. For example I know a whole host of small business people who voted for the Republicans because they did not want Hilary's minimum wage policy to be introduced. I know others who just didn't want Hilary but were ostensibly democrats.

Obama deported more people from America than anyone put together, it was once described as a deportation MACHINE

Bush killed hundreds of thousands of Muslins, Obamas regime did the same but people go ape about Trumps travel ban. Do me a favour honestly

I think the liberals need to start adjusting their moral compasses

Of course not. I don't know how you drew that from what I was saying, which is about Trump's actions this weekend. They are the actions of a tinpot tyrant.

So i ask again, what do you think of the supporters he has ( ie the ones that voted for him and support what he is doing)

Well you must have misunderstood my point, i was talking about America's foreign policys over the years, i mentioned a couple of them earlier.
yes and plenty of people have called them out. But this policy affects many citizens in the country and in America more directly.

Back