• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

So why doesn't he start with the country whose citizens have killed more Americans on US soil in terrorist attacks than any other nation, Saudi Arabia? It turns out he has business interests there, but I'm sure that's just a co-incidence. The sainted Trump is surely not a crooked hypocrite with vested interests.
Is it to do with the fact that Trump has business interests there, or the fact that the USA and lots of powerful US citizens have business interests in keeping Saudi sweet. People are focussing on Trump but he is just the buffoon front man for a host of others. A bit like if that buffoon Boris Johnson had made it all the way to Prime Minister - I still can't believe he made it to foreign secretary. I wouldn't have promoted him from middle management to senior management, let alone the board, let alone MD or CEO... these people are just figureheads, media savvy puppets.

I'm interested in where the line is for the people who think the protests are an overreaction.

Making the ban indefinite?
Extending it to other countries?
Expelling foreign nationals from the US?
Confiscating assets?
Internment camps?
The ban should apply unless they are rich, fit or funny.

If they can invest in America, that is fine.
If they are a model or reality TV star, that is also fine.
Or if they are a comedian or film star.

Oh, or a sports star - if they are 8ft tall or a "foot"ball star or whatever, that is fine also.

Is it to do with the fact that Trump has business interests there, or the fact that the USA and lots of powerful US citizens have business interests in keeping Saudi sweet. People are focussing on Trump but he is just the buffoon front man for a host of others. A bit like if that buffoon Boris Johnson had made it all the way to Prime Minister - I still can't believe he made it to foreign secretary. I wouldn't have promoted him from middle management to senior management, let alone the board, let alone MD or CEO... these people are just figureheads, media savvy puppets.

The latest moves appear to come from Bannon. The question is, how will Trump react when he finds out that people think that he is being controlled?

The latest moves appear to come from Bannon. The question is, how will Trump react when he finds out that people think that he is being controlled?
Well I doubt the moves are coming from anyone visible like Bannon. It will be the hidden shadow network, the lizard people, the Vanderbilts, Rothschilds, Rockefellers and whatever the names are that you haven't heard of that secretively own 80% of America

Whatever the reasons, if Trump is gonna come up with a list of countries for immigration restrictions, for the sole reason of preventing terrorists entering the US, then to not have the country that has sent the most terrorist killers to the USA on that list is a major hypocrisy and renders the whole policy a load of b0ll0cks. I don't think we have any tub-thumping Trump voters on this forum, but surely even they can see this?

Whatever the reasons, if Trump is gonna come up with a list of countries for immigration restrictions, for the sole reason of preventing terrorists entering the US, then to not have the country that has sent the most terrorist killers to the USA on that list is a major hypocrisy and renders the whole policy a load of b0ll0cks. I don't think we have any tub-thumping Trump voters on this forum, but surely even they can see this?

Quite. Not a single person has been killed on US soil by someone, or the child of someone, from the countries subject to the ban. The countries that have produced people who have committed terrorist offences in the States are not subject to the ban but they are home to Trump business interests.

Of course, that is evident

I hope you will now criticise Obama who did the same against Iraqis in 2011 for 6 months. And the 16 countries that ban Israelis??

I am happy to see Trump be given a hard time as long as its even

I hope you will now criticise Obama who did the same against Iraqis in 2011 for 6 months. And the 16 countries that ban Israelis??

This does not change the nonsense of Trump's policy, that I outlined in my previous posts. There are plenty of legitimate criticisms of Obama and of course, there are always partisan critics who excuse their own guy while criticising the other (on both sides).

But I am not interested in that tit-for-tat stuff right now. Trump has made a huge deal of immigration and security, it was a central plank of his election campaign. So again I say:

Where's your line @Grays_1890? What will he have to do for you to criticise him and not make excuses for his actions?

Where's your line @Grays_1890? What will he have to do for you to criticise him and not make excuses for his actions?

Well:

I don't see reinforcing what is already an active border with a wall as crossing the line. I actually agree with the idea that Mexicans can be given right to America if they apply for a visa and pay in towards the US tax system, pretty much in the same way I had to when I went to Canada to work.

Secondly, I see putting a ban on certain nations coming into America as crossing the line. I chose to mention Obama not to compare the two but I had no problem with Obama doing it so why would that change now? He is president of the USA and he has always maintained America is his priority and why should it not be? The counter arguments of where the threat has come from previously only holds a certain level for me, because past threats have no bearing on the future and we have seen in reality a threat from Syria, not only to America but to the world as a whole. If you poll the US and ask the people their main concerns safety and the perceived threat of safety is high on their agenda, in fact as I have said before he got in on the strength of those fears.

Ultimately 61m Americans voted for Trump, as far as I see he is a void of great PR skills but he actually has not as president done anything wrong of note yet. So I am not going to sit here and slaughter someone on just words and no political history or facts.

Facts are you can judge every president good or bad on their impact because they have come before, but without a crystal ball its impossible to judge Trumps presidency after 2 weeks and I respect everyone on here to be educated enough to realise that.

To answer your question, I will judge Trump the same way I do anyone in life, until they do anything wrong I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Well:

I don't see reinforcing what is already an active border with a wall as crossing the line. I actually agree with the idea that Mexicans can be given right to America if they apply for a visa and pay in towards the US tax system, pretty much in the same way I had to when I went to Canada to work.

Secondly, I see putting a ban on certain nations coming into America as crossing the line. I chose to mention Obama not to compare the two but I had no problem with Obama doing it so why would that change now? He is president of the USA and he has always maintained America is his priority and why should it not be? The counter arguments of where the threat has come from previously only holds a certain level for me, because past threats have no bearing on the future and we have seen in reality a threat from Syria, not only to America but to the world as a whole. If you poll the US and ask the people their main concerns safety and the perceived threat of safety is high on their agenda, in fact as I have said before he got in on the strength of those fears.

Ultimately 61m Americans voted for Trump, as far as I see he is a void of great PR skills but he actually has not as president done anything wrong of note yet. So I am not going to sit here and slaughter someone on just words and no political history or facts.

Facts are you can judge every president good or bad on their impact because they have come before, but without a crystal ball its impossible to judge Trumps presidency after 2 weeks and I respect everyone on here to be educated enough to realise that.

To answer your question, I will judge Trump the same way I do anyone in life, until they do anything wrong I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

You didn't really answer the question. What could he do that would be too much? Would extending the ban indefinitely be too much? Or internment camps? Freezing assets? Expelling foreign nationals? What is scary, is that all seem possible right now.

The wall and this ban are tokens. They will do nothing to make Americans safer. There are key differences between Obama's ban on Iraqi's and what Trump did on Holocaust Memorial Day, is that Obama did not remove access mid-flight, he did not do it for show and he did not target Muslim countries where he did not have business interests. This is being done to inflame racial tension.

Quite. Not a single person has been killed on US soil by someone, or the child of someone, from the countries subject to the ban. The countries that have produced people who have committed terrorist offences in the States are not subject to the ban but they are home to Trump business interests.
If he wants to stop terrorism on US soil he needs to look a bit closer to home.

There seems to be a big feeling that the US is now under a tyrannical government.
If that carries on then Americans need to put thier bullets where their mouth is....

Do those other 16 countries hold themselves up as an example to the rest of the world. If you live by saying you are home of democracy and the free, you actively enforce this on countless others you are then held up to a higher level.

Back