• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

He’s 28 - not 18! I had a pregnant wife, a mortgage and was leading a department at that age. He’s being paid millions per year to behave like a grown up professional athlete - not to f uck around with laughing gas like a particularly immature teenager.

He also hasn’t consistently delivered on the pitch for a long time.

All true.

It is probably easier to be professional when in your position at 28, than a millionaire footballer. It takes more discipline as you have so much resource (literally millions of pounds) at your disposal, fame adulation, hangers on etc. any normal 28 year old has much greater constraints and less opportunity to mess up and be exposed.

Easy to look back and theorise how you’d have handled it. But in reality these are fellas in their 20s without much education or life experience. And you are young once. They make sacrifices to succeed in football however and it’s hard to appreciate from our perspective.

While we have seen other stories about ‘hippy crack’ etc I doubt Bissouma has.

I get the concerns about his intelligence. It was naive. And sometime his play is naive too. He doesn’t see the big picture on the pitch either. But I’ll personally judge him on his physical performances playing for us. Not on his off the field performance.

Much more concerned by his drop in form, this is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

I think it is all part of the same equation. Only hours before he'd been speaking about his 'leadership role' within the dressing room with players like Gray and Bergvall. This isn't leadership. It isn't even buckling down on yourself and doing more to reach the potential you have.

If this is part of a an overall pattern of a lack of professionalism that would certainly be a real concern. If there was a pattern like that I don't think he would have been as rated and trusted by Ange as he seems to be.

If it's a bad moment, those happen. It's about how you respond imo. Up to him to take responsibility (internally) and prove to those around him that this was a bad moment and not part of a pattern.

Could even end up being a positive. But up to him.

No offence but 8 out of 9 cats would probably choose his life over yours.

That's the problem virtually every young person wants to be a celebrity rather than do a proper job, even uni grads spend years working to be doctors and give it up to be comedians or on TV.

Yeah, at least do mushrooms or acid or something that has an up side (but also not performance enhancing)
He definitely needs some perspective, ironically.

I'm totally fine with Gray/Bergvall taking his spot, even Devine or another youth player would be good. If a player isn't hungry enough, it's their spot to lose and Ange needs to set the right example.

Stronger punishment than I thought or would have advocated for but you can't say it's unfair and, in many ways, sets a pretty high standard for everyone which is a good thing. Thing Ange's words to the press about it were very good too. Up to Bissouma now to bounce back.

I know I sure as f**k wouldn't have wanted to be Bissouma going in to face Ange on Monday morning or whenever.

Back