• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

Where? Do we just pay up his contract and release him?

If it was your money, how much would you be willing to lose out on? £10m, £20m?
Wonder if you could do him for breach of contract and sue him maybe? Similar to what Chelsea did with Mutu.

Can't see us doing it though - we'd just try and sell him. Same as I'd do if it was my club. Talk of just kicking him out is a bit mad.

Wonder if you could do him for breach of contract and sue him maybe? Similar to what Chelsea did with Mutu.

Can't see us doing it though - we'd just try and sell him. Same as I'd do if it was my club. Talk of just kicking him out is a bit mad.

Seriously it was laughing gas. Probably less damaging than alcohol or cigarettes.

It was wrong. He should get a punishment. But lets stop the outrage as most of us have done it at some point. Especially your mother.

Club made the right decision to suspend him imo, what some may not understand is that Bissouma is probably a hero for some youngsters and by doing what he did could give them the wrong impression. He is a sportsman and HAS to set a example to ALL the young fans who watch him.

Club made the right decision to suspend him imo, what some may not understand is that Bissouma is probably a hero for some youngsters and by doing what he did could give them the wrong impression. He is a sportsman and HAS to set a example to ALL the young fans who watch him.

Players aswell. It's why i'd love him to have to do aa meetings once a week for the season.

Partly to ensure he doesn't do it again. Partly because it will be a pain in the arse and everyone will know it.

Players aswell. It's why i'd love him to have to do aa meetings once a week for the season.

Partly to ensure he doesn't do it again. Partly because it will be a pain in the arse and everyone will know it.
AA meetings are for those with addictions or at least dependencies - there's nothing to suggest he is addicted or dependent (and if he were, it would be NA rather than AA). But also AA (or NA or GA or whatever A) doesn't need people attending just to teach them a lesson (although plenty of addicts are expected to attend via court sentencing). And the 'everyone will know it' bit kind of takes away from the Anonymous part.
If he is verging on dependency then I would hope the club can support him to find the right resources, but the club can't (and shoudn't) have attending AA or similar as a disciplinary measure. That's not what it is there for.

Seriously it was laughing gas. Probably less damaging than alcohol or cigarettes.

It was wrong. He should get a punishment. But lets stop the outrage as most of us have done it at some point. Especially your mother.
Post of the year. Bravo sir, bravo

Absolutely.
The same with the club.
Setting these standards sets a good example for young fans.
So do Ange's words and open door for redemption.
And, hopefully, so will Bissoumas redemption.

AA meetings are for those with addictions or at least dependencies - there's nothing to suggest he is addicted or dependent (and if he were, it would be NA rather than AA). But also AA (or NA or GA or whatever A) doesn't need people attending just to teach them a lesson (although plenty of addicts are expected to attend via court sentencing). And the 'everyone will know it' bit kind of takes away from the Anonymous part.
If he is verging on dependency then I would hope the club can support him to find the right resources, but the club can't (and shoudn't) have attending AA or similar as a disciplinary measure. That's not what it is there for.

My bad. Thought it was to stop people doing drugs or alcohol or whatever.

If it stops him and others doing it. I thought it might be a good thing.

Forgot everyone is a victim these days and not responsible for their actions.

Yep it is. But that program is geared towards addicts with deep seated problems rather than social users. A big part of it is about group support rather than individual punishment. If Bissouma is an addict then yes for sure he should be in it.

But if he’s a social user that does it occasionally off season then maybe a different therapeutic program might be more appropriate.

Either way I think some form of public punishment / reprimand was required for other players and the wider community at large

So you want to see AA or NA spend time and resources helping to punish a non-addict footballer rather than helping a real addict overcome a potentially life threatening addiction?

So you want to see AA or NA spend time and resources helping to punish a non-addict footballer rather than helping a real addict overcome a potentially life threatening addiction?

I want him and our other players not to do it again. It doesn't mean it's taking a place from someone else. It can be private therapy paid for by the club.

Except NOX is a class C drug whereas alcohol and tobacco are legal.
Having a beer on you doesn't carry a maximum 2 year custodial sentence.
Belittling it as "only laughing gas" sends totally the wrong signals to law breaking.

I want him and our other players not to do it again. It doesn't mean it's taking a place from someone else. It can be private therapy paid for by the club.
That's fine, but totally different to AA or NA as you originally posted. Doubt he needs therapy though, but if he really needs it then I would hope he gets the support he needs.

one thing I will say I so hope it highlights to him to be smarter in who you call friends

He never should have done what he did… that’s being dealt with

But a so called formed of his shared the private footage to the sun. Bissouma has also had issues at Brighton that are well documented with people he was with.

He really needs to reflect ok the company he keeps much better

I fully appreciate he is an overseas player here and it’s never easy but just use the brain a bit more and do less stupid things

Fully agreed.

We have a very young squad now too. Not necessarily that there's a risk of them trying laughing gas, but more the clear signal that there are consequences for stepping out of line like this.

We've lost a lot of experience at the club in recent years. And key to Ange's approach is full buy in from the players.

Now up to Bissouma to respond well, in the group, in training and in games when he's back. Hopefully be a learning experience for him that others can learn from too.

Back