• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

Very stupid but not a hanging offence. He's young and we were all dumb at that age. You can point to Kane and Ronaldo but their dedication is pretty abnormal.

The lad deserves a kick in the nuts but, providing it isn't part of a pattern of behaviour, that should be it.

He is not a teenager he is 28 this month, almost as old as Kane.

The old bill may step in and make an example of him. Can’t really defend him.

Last edited:
He is not a teenager he is 28 this month, almost as old as Kane.

The old bill may step in and make an example of him. Can’t really defend him.
I did stupid things at 28 and so did most people I know. These lads are also living under intense pressure and scrutiny so are going to look for a release now and again. I'm not defending it, it was idiotic particularly given who he is, but it seems to be one incident. Not enough to hang him IMO.

Very stupid but not a hanging offence. He's young and we were all dumb at that age. You can point to Kane and Ronaldo but their dedication is pretty abnormal.

The lad deserves a kick in the nuts but, providing it isn't part of a pattern of behaviour, that should be it.

I had 2 kids a mortgage and a job to worry about at his age, I would hope clubs tell their players about their behaviour and social media to avoid embarrassing incidents like this.

I did stupid things at 28 and so did most people I know. These lads are also living under intense pressure and scrutiny so are going to look for a release now and again. I'm not defending it, it was idiotic particularly given who he is, but it seems to be one incident. Not enough to hang him IMO.

My Issue with it is not the offence, you are right in what you say, from a footballing perspective its the fact he seems to be sleep walking his way through his career now without taking the bull by the horns which this feeds into IMO. He needs to buck up or he will soon be 30 and missed his peak years faffing about. Only so far the self proclaiming "I am the legend of the changing room" can get you

It's no laughing matter.

I wonder if people still called it laughing gas we'd have the same reaction? Everyone realising that they've probably done it at some point aswell.

Doesn't make it right. Stupid thing to do and should be fined. Go to meetings (more for the annoyance). Might even face a couple of game ban by the prem.

But as crimes go this is on a par with ledley coming out of a night club tinkled.

Bissouma will get a lot more negativity for this as a lot of fans wouldn’t mind seeing him sold. If it was a VDV or Romero no one would be calling for them to be sold. They may call them idiots and ask for them to be fined etc but these same people would not be wanting them sold imo.

I wonder if people still called it laughing gas we'd have the same reaction? Everyone realising that they've probably done it at some point aswell.

Doesn't make it right. Stupid thing to do and should be fined. Go to meetings (more for the annoyance). Might even face a couple of game ban by the prem.

But as crimes go this is on a par with ledley coming out of a night club tinkled.

We've all done it is hardly an excuse, I'm sure he realises he's a "celebrity" and all thought many think that makes them bulletproof they have a responsibility to their young followers. Just an other example our "I'll do what I like" society.

Bissouma will get a lot more negativity for this as a lot of fans wouldn’t mind seeing him sold. If it was a VDV or Romero no one would be calling for them to be sold. They may call them idiots and ask for them to be fined etc but these same people would not be wanting them sold imo.

Not seen the OTT nature of negativity towards Romero on here then?

Would still be a massive red flag if any player in their late 20s were looking for a high like this.

Makes me wonder what he is doing that we have not known about.

He keeps bad company, I heard all the stories when he was a Brighton player. Which resulted in him being in a bad crowd and the wrongly being accused of rape. Charges later dropped due to insignificant evidence.

I think this is a fair prediction but not necessarily something you can prove. Not everyone is able to notice the cognitive dissonance within, and when called out / pressed most just double down (going by the general standards on here) or if there's a suggestion of potential bias, the game plan is to start shrieking hysterically about how you can't say anything these days yada yada yada rather than looking inwardly for a change.

On and off the pitch you ideally want to see intelligence displayed and looking at two extreme examples it's rough reading:

1. Attempting a dive (outside of the box) when on a yellow 2. Posting the imbibing of an illegal substance on social media.

Footballers aren't renowned for being bright, they can't all be Ben Davies / Juan Mata but there's some base level common sense required, and only so much protection/ guidance that can be offered.

Not an ideal summer in terms of unnecessary / unsavoury incidents particularly in midfield- Not only looking mediocre on the pitch but also causing the PR department headaches via racism / violence / illegal drugs...

Would still be a massive red flag if any player in their late 20s were looking for a high like this.

Makes me wonder what he is doing that we have not known about.

He keeps bad company, I heard all the stories when he was a Brighton player. Which resulted in him being in a bad crowd and the wrongly being accused of rape. Charges later dropped due to insignificant evidence.

Source?

I'm fairly sure it was a charge to do with his uncle and he was merely present, when discussing that kind of thing you might want to check what you're saying is based on I don't know....Maybe facts?

Back