• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

Talksport was a fun watch earlier. Keown getting on his high horse about bissouma. Jordan pointing out how much of a hypocrite he is as his arsenal team mates were all on it. (Not saying they were on laughing gas).

Is there an FA for those addicted to commenting on every post on a forum?
Yea, well, kind of. You can generally find an internet addicts and a media addicts and similar until it fits. However, I don't think the likes of gambling addicts anonymous etc. works, for me anyway, and yet the government and FA let gambling companies advertise, and then link to GA etc. as if they all care as a token gesture. They then ban and demonise players for gambling, which is sick and hypocritical. More related to the topic, I think Bissouma should only have been fined at most for doing something semi-illegal and still been selected for the game. No need to punish him further than that, due to the defamation in the media, he will not do it again.

I spoke to the club overnight and Biss is going to be part of an education program they are planning. He is really keen to put it behind him quickly and move on, and sounds like the club is going to assist with this.

As regards the way the club responded, its the good name of the club that requires the step they took, as well as setting a tone in terms of dressing room discipline. You can't have players whose lives are mapped out for them to get them in the best physical shape possible, playing with chemicals which leave people in wheelchairs when used extensively. Quite apart from the public embarrassment and damaging the reputation of the club, imagine what the insurers who cover the players will have to say about it.

I think the binary factor in punishment (aside from what we might agree with regards to statement to the squad, etc) is that it is a legal matter. Whatever we may or may not think of the severity of the offence, it was illegal. Therefore the club were bound to act.

I think the binary factor in punishment (aside from what we might agree with regards to statement to the squad, etc) is that it is a legal matter. Whatever we may or may not think of the severity of the offence, it was illegal. Therefore the club were bound to act.
Illegal due to littering. The same as dropping gum on the pavement

Ange Postecoglou on Yves Bissouma since the incident:

"You know what it’s like when you punish your child and they do everything right for the next two days?

"He’s first in the meetings, he’s doing everything right but there’s always temptation down the road, so we’ll see. I’ve always believed in opportunity for redemption and learning. We’re still in that space at the moment with Biss.

"But obviously that door closes after a while if there’s repeated [indiscretions]. He’s been good but I would have been surprised if he wasn’t.

"It’s always the key with Biss is consistency. The consistency of behaviour, what he does… it’s not that he’s doing a lot of bad things.

"Obviously the last transgression was very serious but it’s the little things along the way also. I think sometimes that manifests in his game where he’s really good and he’ll have a moment when he’s not. I think it all correlates.

"From our perspective, it’s about trying to continually guide him. But it’s up to him. He’s got to continue to try to be the best version of himself that he can possibly be."

Ange doesn’t suffer fools.

Dropping gum on the pavement doesn't carry a 2 year jail sentence, possession of NOX does. That's the level of illegal were talking about.

No it doesn't. Possession and using it is a caution or fine maybe community service. Repeat offenders more harsh, still unlikely to get a prison sentence.

You're talking about dealing.

The punishments and why it was made an offence is to tackle "flagrant drug usage". Basically stopping people doing it on the streets.

Dropping gum on the pavement doesn't carry a 2 year jail sentence, possession of NOX does. That's the level of illegal were talking about.
I meant the Tories made laughing gas illegal purely because the capsules were becoming a littering nuisance in parks. The substance itself is comparable with taking helium to get a squeaky voice for a few seconds.

Love that. He messed up. Got told off and asked to do better. He accepted it.

Lets hope he keeps going.
My guess is he will for a few months before returning to type. I would sell in January and bring someone who wants to progress rather then just talk a good game. Reminds me of what Dawson used to do.

Back