• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilson Odobert

It will be interesting if the setup changes for who we play

Against Everton, they probably had to cover/adapt for both Wilson and Deki, both will try to get past their man with some regularity, even if they fail the fact that they will do it over and over means the opposition will need to provide cover, cover means space for other players like Son and Maddison or even a midfielder coming in late (Biss).

Having someone who doesn't just look at the low block and try to draw them out with a passing sequence is a huge add to the squad.
I hope we do. We have the options and variety within the squad now. And it's a good way to rotate.

Will be interesting to see what we do against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. For me if Solanke isn't ready to start Odobert would be a natural starter. But perhaps with Sarr in midfield instead of Kulusevski for better cover for defensive transitions.

I hope we do. We have the options and variety within the squad now. And it's a good way to rotate.

Will be interesting to see what we do against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. For me if Solanke isn't ready to start Odobert would be a natural starter. But perhaps with Sarr in midfield instead of Kulusevski for better cover for defensive transitions.

I would not leave out Kulusevski, his work rate and passing are important to the team and he's the most likely midfielder to score.

I would not leave out Kulusevski, his work rate and passing are important to the team and he's the most likely midfielder to score.
I agree that he adds some really important things to our team. But playing him in the 8 role, total of 5 mainly attacking players in him, Maddison and 3 forward players is a really attacking setup. Almost ridiculously so. Even though they work hard all of them.

Ange is a really attacking manager. But even he last season never started with that kind of lineup. Doing so away against Saudi Sportswashing Machine may very well be good, but it's worth remembering just how attacking that is.

Back