• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Found myself watching Sao Paulo/Atletico MG tonight, always nice to see some Brazilian football, also great to see Ronaldinho score. But I've always been interested in a player called Bernard for Atletico MG. Whenever I have stumbled across the results of Atletico, he seems to be the one creating. Watching tonight, he set up both goals and caused absolute havoc for Sao Paulo, seriously, the guy looked unreal.

He's 20 years old, plays as a sort of winger/second striker, I reckon we should go for him. He's the sort of player we've been crying out for, the sort of player who can unlock defences, moments of magic that can leave you speechless.

[video=youtube;Sb05QPFhqp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb05QPFhqp4[/video]

Saw the absolute opposite in the past African Nations

didn't get to watch much African Nations this year. Ivory Coast do have quite a few strikers, did he get game time? I know they have Traore, Drogba, Doumbia, Ya Konan and the likes of Kalou and Gervinho up there. Does he get much game time?

Watching tonight, he set up both goals and caused absolute havoc for Sao Paulo, seriously, the guy looked unreal.

Watched also, Sao Paulo was all over MG and they were not getting a sniff until Sao Paulo went down to 10 men after abouy 30mins. I was more enamoured by Osvaldo.

didn't get to watch much African Nations this year. Ivory Coast do have quite a few strikers, did he get game time? I know they have Traore, Drogba, Doumbia, Ya Konan and the likes of Kalou and Gervinho up there. Does he get much game time?

Sure he played every game

Watched also, Sao Paulo was all over MG and they were not getting a sniff until Sao Paulo went down to 10 men after abouy 30mins. I was more enamoured by Osvaldo.

Yeah, I had Atletico MG to win 1-2.. I didn't think it was coming until the red card. Do you watch much Brazilian football? Some real talents over there, I wonder why big teams don't take much of a gamble. Chelsea did with Oscar and he looks a decent player, definitely has all the talent. Obviously we took one with Sandro and look how thats turned out.

Sure he played every game

Yeah just looked, seems as if they play with 3 attacking wise players with Bony being shafted in a wider position with Drogba central.

First Game: Come off the bench with 15 minutes to go.
Second Game: Didn't come off the bench.
Third Game: Started and scored.
Fourth Game: Didn't come off the bench.

With a baby thats teething, it kinda comes with watching late night world football, more the better when its live on ESPN. Hope they show all the Copa L. Don't get to watch as much as I would like though. Still don't see Ganso as a £20m + player.

With a baby thats teething, it kinda comes with watching late night world football, more the better when its live on ESPN. Hope they show all the Copa L. Don't get to watch as much as I would like though. Still don't see Ganso as a £20m + player.

Ganso is far too slow. I actually think he may be slower than Huddlestone. You can sort of see why no one took to him when they had the chance. Man Utd were heavily linked with him in the past as well as many other top European clubs. Hernanes is a player i've always rated and he seemed to stay in the Brazilian Leagues for donkeys years for some reason.

Yeah just looked, seems as if they play with 3 attacking wise players with Bony being shafted in a wider position with Drogba central.

First Game: Come off the bench with 15 minutes to go.
Second Game: Didn't come off the bench.
Third Game: Started and scored.
Fourth Game: Didn't come off the bench.

After his exploits in Holland this past year, a lot of eyes were on him, and he failed terribly showing none of the form he showed for Vittesse. I remember thinking at the time being gutted. Then again, one has to remember that the whole tournament was a massive let down. A lot of the games set out to be draws if I remember rightly, the pitches were abysmal too... often playing on coloured sand. It might have been a blip but going away I thought, cannot be long before Coubilly gets a start for the senior team.

I think I wrote on here that the African Nations was now the worst FIFA tournament, passing the Gold Cup. :lol: No doubt when the Gold Cup is on I'll reverse it.

Just seen that Chelsea are close to capturing Xabi Alonso? Absolutely cracking signing if true and sort of makes the Mourinho rumours even stronger, he's a massive fan of Alonso. Imagine a Chelsea team consisting of Falcao, Alonso, Mata, Hazard, Ramires etc. all being managed by Mourinho.

Good GHod.

Just seen that Chelsea are close to capturing Xabi Alonso? Absolutely cracking signing if true and sort of makes the Mourinho rumours even stronger, he's a massive fan of Alonso. Imagine a Chelsea team consisting of Falcao, Alonso, Mata, Hazard, Ramires etc. all being managed by Mourinho.

Good GHod.

That's bloody depressing.

Good GHod.

Cracking signing? Alonso has been pretty damn poor this season.

Yeah, I had Atletico MG to win 1-2.. I didn't think it was coming until the red card. Do you watch much Brazilian football? Some real talents over there, I wonder why big teams don't take much of a gamble. Chelsea did with Oscar and he looks a decent player, definitely has all the talent. Obviously we took one with Sandro and look how thats turned out.

Oscar was scouted and recommended to then by avb. If you recall we actually tried to sign him last summer and they just outbid us.

what about Oscar Cardozo, got a brace last night?

Oscar was scouted and recommended to then by avb. If you recall we actually tried to sign him last summer and they just outbid us.

what about Oscar Cardozo, got a brace last night?

We tried for Juan Mata the season before that as well. If we had gotten even one of those two in.....ah, well.

Cardozo is very talented, but having watched his EL exploits this season, he seems very hot and cold, able to be brilliant one game and anonymous the next.

Pavlyuchenko_2682803.jpg

Much like this man, albeit better managed. The question, then, is: will Spurs supporters be able to stomach another on-off performer after the last few seasons?

I think we'd be better served going for a steadier, more consistent player, even if that player is somewhat less skilled than Cardozo or (for his faults) Pav.

It depends if you are talking talent or workrate (or both). Someone with Pavs skill and the work rate of say Shane Long would be decent.

Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini has hinted that Scott Sinclair's future lies away from the Etihad Stadium.

Sinclair has started only three games since joining City last summer from Swansea for £6.2m and he was linked with a move back to South Wales earlier on Friday.

Mancini conceded he has not been able to give Sinclair many opportunities to shine and could understand if he was feeling frustrated as he spoke with the press ahead of the trip to play Swansea on Saturday.

"This situation with Sinclair is difficult because I didn't give him a lot of chances to play. He is very unlucky," Mancini said.

Mancini hints at Sinclair future
"It is my fault, not his fault. A young player like Scott who is a good player deserves to play always. For him, it was a really difficult year this year.

"Scott is young and he has good quality but this year was difficult for him. I think it is better if he can have another solution.

"If he stays here, maybe, everything can change but I can understand his frustration in this moment because he didn't play a lot of games.

"For me, he is a good player. We have one team. For him, it was difficult. I repeat - he did everything well, he worked well, he is a good guy, he deserves to play. I can understand when one player can't play often it is difficult."

-----------------------------------

I think he'd be a fantastic signing for us. Would be very gettable (sub £8m) and would be great down the left wing with Bale in the middle and Lennon on the right. I know he may not fit into the 4-3-3 everyone seems to be banging on about at the moment, but in our current system it would work. Whether people would rather Townsend I don't know? He did well with Swansea last season with 8 goals and 5 assists.

Back