• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

And here we go :lol:

[Update 1] GreyFox re: Damiao

Who: Grey Fox
Where: SC
When: May 1

The ITK in January was right, it was almost done then just agents f****** about, I would go as far as saying if and it it is an if we still want him he will be ours this summer. There you go, my gonad*s on the line. :p

Id rather Lukaku and Benteke up front next season. they are more realistic signings.

I really don't think AVB wants a big powerful target man. For a possession side we need someone whose game is about intelligent movement and finishing. Our own Falcao.

The ITK in January was right, it was almost done then just agents f****** about, I would go as far as saying if and it it is an if we still want him he will be ours this summer. There you go, my gonad*s on the line. :p

Ahhh finally, summer is nigh. ;)

Is there not a separate thread for this brick yet :p

He's really pit his nuts on the line there saying we may or may not get him.

Brendan has had a good close look at Carroll and said no thanks. If he cant fit into Liverpool's way of playing then i dont see how he will fit in at Spurs

Gonna have to pull you up on this one, whatever you think of Carroll, it's precisely down to the fact that "Brendan" is such a pretentious, football philosopher that has a plan A, no plan B and a stubborn unwillingness to deviate that Liverpool are 7th and miles behind the top 5.

"Brendan" decided that rather than try to make the most of what he had and give everyone a chance he'd make up pre-conceived ideas about players before seeing them in training and write them off when a good manager thinks "well there must have been a reason we paid £35 m for him let's have a look and see what he can do"

"Brendan" is a taco IMO and will be found out.

Gonna have to pull you up on this one, whatever you think of Carroll, it's precisely down to the fact that "Brendan" is such a pretentious, football philosopher that has a plan A, no plan B and a stubborn unwillingness to deviate that Liverpool are 7th and miles behind the top 5.

"Brendan" decided that rather than try to make the most of what he had and give everyone a chance he'd make up pre-conceived ideas about players before seeing them in training and write them off when a good manager thinks "well there must have been a reason we paid £35 m for him let's have a look and see what he can do"

"Brendan" is a taco IMO and will be found out.

he may be a taco but he'll have Liverpool back in the fight for 4th next season, imo

he may be a taco but he'll have Liverpool back in the fight for 4th next season, imo

Not sure he will. You see I think his lack of pragmatism will be his downfall. There is no doubt that Liverpool play some stunning stuff when on for, and have smashed a lot of the bricker teams out of sight, but he fails to see that you can't play well every week and you have to have a set-up to grind out results when you're not on form.

You compare us to them, Liverpool tend to drop points when they're not on their "A" game. We on the other hand have set ourselves up to be difficult to beat first and foremost. I think about 9/10 times this season teams have found it difficult to play us, that goes for all the top teams too. We haven't smashed many teams before, but neither have we been comprehensively outplayed at any point either. Were always in the game and that means your special players like Bale always have a chance to make the difference.

Liverpool though have often been bullied b the better sides, have a terrible record against the top 10 teams,, and if their initial plan of pass, move and pass doesn't work they tend to get picked off quite easily.

Look how many goals they've conceded trying to play out from the back because Rogers insists on them trying to do it even under pressure - he's even said he doesn't mind his defenders conceding goals down to these mistakes, he'd rather make these mistakes than deviate from his philosophy.

Well that might be ok for a small town club like Swansea but he's at Liverpool now and it's not good enough for them.

I honestly think they'll be much the same in that they'll smash 5 teams 3-0 then lose comfortably as they were off form and Rogers is too precious to recognise this and tell his team to be compact, stay in the game and grind out a result.

Liverpool were in an awful position when he took over, he can't change everything over night - he's done a good job so far but much like AVB at Spurs he is only part way in to his remodeling of the team, i see no reason for them not to push on in the summer

Liverpool were in an awful position when he took over, he can't change everything over night - he's done a good job so far but much like AVB at Spurs he is only part way in to his remodeling of the team, i see no reason for them not to push on in the summer

Only thing that may hold them back is lack of CL.

Although strangely, they still seem to be linked with some very good players. But of course, being linked is no real indicator, as we well know.

I'd be happy to bet a fair whack of money that Chelsea, Man U, Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal will definitely finish above Liverpool next year. They need to get involved in the battle with us and Everton etc around 5th place first (which they may well do to be fair next season).

No way will they challenge top four.

Only thing that may hold them back is lack of CL.

Although strangely, they still seem to be linked with some very good players. But of course, being linked is no real indicator, as we well know.

not so strange when you consider they're one of the biggest clubs, historically speaking, in world football

I'd be happy to bet a fair whack of money that Chelsea, Man U, Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal will definitely finish above Liverpool next year. They need to get involved in the battle with us and Everton etc around 5th place first (which they may well do to be fair next season).

No way will they challenge top four.

i meant they will be in the same kind of pack as us, pushing for that 4th place - Chelsea Arsenal and ourselves will be the 3 to beat in that respect but i can see them leapfrogging Everton and expect them to make a go of pushing us (like the Toffees have) up until the final few weeks before falling short - but should any of the 3 above have a poor season then they could potentially over take i guess

i meant they will be in the same kind of pack as us, pushing for that 4th place - Chelsea Arsenal and ourselves will be the 3 to beat in that respect but i can see them leapfrogging Everton and expect them to make a go of pushing us (like the Toffees have) up until the final few weeks before falling short - but should any of the 3 above have a poor season then they could potentially over take i guess

I'm a bit of a pessimistic (realistic?) git, and I can see this years top four solidifying itself again, like the pre Emirates Marketing Project days before it got shaken up (ie swap Liverpool for City).

I'm a bit of a pessimistic (realistic?) git, and I can see this years top four solidifying itself again, like the pre Emirates Marketing Project days before it got shaken up (ie swap Liverpool for City).

im an eternal optimist (as you've no doubt gathered :lol:)

if City keep hold of Mancini and Chelsea fail to get Mourinho then i can see them both continue their mediocre form and give ourselves and Arsenal the opportunity to jump above them (if we keep Bale and sign some genuine top quality players)

Back