• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Where did the quote come from? Maybe we're not looking at homegrown at all and getting in Villa \o/

Looks like Villa is certainly leaving Barca in the summer, realistically though could we get him? I'm not sure. I mean what if Burger King swallow him up like his fellow Spaniards, Torres and Morientes?

Where did the quote come from? Maybe we're not looking at homegrown at all and getting in Villa \o/

Or, as the tabloids would have it:

Barca have stolen a march on Real Madrid by making a double swoop to take Andre Villas Boas and Gareth Bale to the Camp Nou.

I'd hope that we sell Dempsey or Siggy in the summer, if not then I agree that there may be too many players for the positions. I'd be very surprised if they are still both at the club come 1st September though

Two of our most productive players all season, lets sell them. Yeah that's a good long term plan.

Tottenham coach Andre Villas-Boas attended Barcelona-Bayern on Wednesday and talked for an hour with Barcelona executives yesterday. Talks between Barcelona and Tottenham coach Villas-Boas possibly regarding some homegrown players, like Deulofeu, Dos Santos, S.Roberto

Wouldn't we be more likely to talk to Real Madrid? Given our 'partnership' with them?

Seems odd.

Looks like Villa is certainly leaving Barca in the summer, realistically though could we get him? I'm not sure. I mean what if Burger King swallow him up like his fellow Spaniards, Torres and Morientes?

Ha very good.

Tottenham coach Andre Villas-Boas attended Barcelona-Bayern on Wednesday and talked for an hour with Barcelona executives yesterday. Talks between Barcelona and Tottenham coach Villas-Boas possibly regarding some homegrown players, like Deulofeu, Dos Santos, S.Roberto

I just can't see Spurs being after any of those considering the quality we have coming through our own academy. Other potential targets could be Song or Villa. Villa for a song would be nice.

Last edited:
Two of our most productive players all season, lets sell them. Yeah that's a good long term plan.

The anti Dempsey agenda on this board is amazing.

The guys was cheap as chips, is a cover player, plays wherever he is asked, works his ass off, has contributed 11 goals (any in critical matches). why would we not want him as a squad player next year?

Quite the contrary, I believe playing Dempsey has cost us more goals than he has produced. There's been so many occasions that he should have scored but squandered the chance. He reminds a lot Olic; runs around a lot and scores a few goals, but technically isn't that great. If I had the choice of Sinclair or Dempsey, I'd choose Sinclair any day of the week

Quite the contrary, I believe playing Dempsey has cost us more goals than he has produced. There's been so many occasions that he should have scored but squandered the chance. He reminds a lot Olic; runs around a lot and scores a few goals, but technically isn't that great. If I had the choice of Sinclair or Dempsey, I'd choose Sinclair any day of the week

You need squad players like Dempsey, they are versatile, they are hard working and they will score goals.

Sinclair? I have yet to see anything that convinces me he'd be good enough to sit on our bench. Whereas Dempsey has proved that he is good enough for our squad at the very least.

You need squad players like Dempsey, they are versatile, they are hard working and they will score goals.

Sinclair? I have yet to see anything that convinces me he'd be good enough to sit on our bench. Whereas Dempsey has proved that he is good enough for our squad at the very least.
If by YouTube or however u can watch reading against Swansea 2011 playoff final that is enough to prove Sinclair can do the business.

If by YouTube or however u can watch reading against Swansea 2011 playoff final that is enough to prove Sinclair can do the business.

Ah right. Ignoring the fact that youtube is a place where people take players best moments and leave out their mistakes, you are trying to convince me that Sinclair is good enough using a single game as evidence?

A single game against a championship side two years ago?

Ah right. Ignoring the fact that youtube is a place where people take players best moments and leave out their mistakes, you are trying to convince me that Sinclair is good enough using a single game as evidence?

A single game against a championship side two years ago?

No not at all you said you've seen absolutely
Nothing to suggest he could play for us, almost suggesting he's never had a good game that was one example off top of my head he had brilliant games against stoke west brom and Bolton last season but don't worry just let that chip on your shoulder cloud your judgement you've obviously not watched him too much.

Wow your hatred for Sinclair seems pretty deep! He was only a suggestion after Mancini said he's free to go. I was just saying that for 'the long term plan' you mention I would rather a young, hungry player who proved a lot in the season he was at Swansea than an ageing Dempsey who has had one good season at Fulham and not really done a lot for us. Yes he grabbed the winner at Old Trafford, but as I've mentioned before he has lost us a few points too with his poor positioning and lack of vision

Wow your hatred for Sinclair seems pretty deep! He was only a suggestion after Mancini said he's free to go. I was just saying that for 'the long term plan' you mention I would rather a young, hungry player who proved a lot in the season he was at Swansea than an ageing Dempsey who has had one good season at Fulham and not really done a lot for us. Yes he grabbed the winner at Old Trafford, but as I've mentioned before he has lost us a few points too with his poor positioning and lack of vision

Mate, might same the same for you and Dempsey, you think Dempsey has cost us more points that his 11 goals got us? you think he squanders opportunities? what do you think of JD/Ade?

Dempsey is very good at positioning, and I would say on this seasons form, I'd much rather a chance fall to him than Ade/JD/anyone on our side except Bale.

Personally don't know enough to comment on Sinclair, his numbers at Swansea were interesting, but over half of his goals were penalties ...

Hatred?

Thinking a player isn't good enough isn't hatred. If it was then i'd hate the vast majority of players out there.

I've watched him enough, he wouldn't be an improvement on what we have, and after being at City for season he wouldn't be happy to sit on the bench for another season.

In my mind Dempsey has won us far more than he's lost us. He'll be a valuable squad player for the next two years.

You talk like Scott Sinclair is young. He's 24. That's not particularly young, with minimal top league experience. 'Hunger' can only get you do far. If we want to sign youngsters i'd be all for it, however Scott Sinclair barely counts.

Its from spanish sports newspaper AS http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/05/03/primera/1367548099_528857.html

If we manage to hold on to Bale, I'll consider the summer a success from a transfers standpoint even if we do nothing else.

That's an exaggeration. We plainly need a new striker (or two). But I really don't see us doing too much business (and I don't think we need to). I think we'd be mad to talk about selling Dempsey or Sigurdsson as some have suggested. If they're happy to remain as a squad members fighting for their places, they make great utility players. I'm not saying they're faultless, but I'm not sure you'll find better players who would accept a backup role.

I think we'll see a few players leave us... Gallas, Bentley, Adebayor, Livermore (maybe also Defoe, Parker and Assou-Ekotto). And we'll see two new strikers, a new left back (or perhaps the return of Rose?) and maybe someone new in midfield.

Kaboul and Sandro will be like two new signings.

Now, all we need to do is win the next four games and we're laughing...

Back