• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

I'm not a fan of Carroll, don't think he's good enough. I do get the concept of a bully CF, in that area, I'd see Lukaku as the player worth going for.

I think Manure is a lesson in how you want to do well in the EPL, outplayed by us, City and Scum, but walk the title by destroying the lower level teams. The players you buy should be part of the setup to ensure the odd loss/draw to lower teams turns to wins. Pace and physical presence do help.

Have not been through all how many ever pages, with QPR down, anybody fancy Remy?

What was West Hams pre-agreed price before they scraped it due to FFP? £17m rings a bell... not at that price but do agree he could do a job.

if we are to persist with one striker, and the way we play, then we need a clinical striker. Decent chances are hard to come by, and when they come along they need to be expertly finished off. Im sorry but Carroll doesnt fit.

AVB's reputation has been built on what Falcao achieved for him. We are not going to get Falcao of course, but a similar type is what is required.

Wilfried Bony is a bit like Falcao. Very strong, great with his head despite not being the tallest, good hold up play, superb finisher.

Why would Chelsea sell the best young striker in England and one of the best in Europe to us? Villa have said they'd turn down offers of £30m for Benteke and even if that's not true, they're still going to want a hefty sum for him, which we can't afford(perhaps if we sell Bale then we could).

Ok for financial reasons I agree, but I was more thinking realistic as in, if we have the money, agree terms then those players would realistically want to join us.

Why do you characterise him as a 'hammer'? That is simply one of the (unfortunate) systems you've seen him play in - I'm pretty certain someone of his age and potential can easily adapt and display considerable versatility - as showcased in his Toon days

I also think you're doing massive disservice on his finishing abilities having seen him in what is essentially a poor setup of semi-cloggers and thugs. During his rich vein for form at Saudi Sportswashing Machine he was unplayable and showcased some remarkable performances of a 'complete' forward. Can't recall seeing many strikers absolutely dominate every single aerial challenge the way he did against Arsenal. I'd suggest you revist some of those reels before you can him under 'plays for Wham, looks tall and clumsy, meh')

I just continued on your tool analogy, I could just as well have described him as buying pliers when you need a board cut in half.

Was Liverpool a poor setup of semi-cloggers and thugs too? I find it rather strange that I should focus on his half good season at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and ignore the 2+ seasons he's been at Liverpool and West Ham now. We have two inconsistent strikers already, I could focus on their best half a season and come to the conclusion that we don't need another striker.

He can be unplayable when he's on form, but he hasn't been on form much. He also needs to be physically in top form to be that unplayable Carroll we saw at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he seems to struggle terrible to regain fitness after injuries. Again leading him to being inconsistent.

Would much rather see us sign someone like Benteke if we're looking for a physical forward. I would rather see us save our money and not sign Carroll to have that money available at a later point then continue on with Defoe and Ade than sign Carroll for the kind of money being mentioned. I would much rather see us sign Lambert.

I wouldn't mind signing Carroll for 5-6 million as an option and on the off chance that it turns out that his half a season at toon in the PL was his actual level and the rest has just been an extended period of poor form. But Liverpool paid 35 million for him, I don't think they will let him go anything that could be considered reasonable considering his performance level.

Back