• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

We should go all out for schweinsteiger. fudge moutiinho.

Not the remotest chance we could get him! Even if he were to leave the biggest team in his country and back to back CL finalists, do you not think other richer teams would want him?!?

Not the remotest chance we could get him! Even if he were to leave the biggest team in his country and back to back CL finalists, do you not think other richer teams would want him?!?

I think (hope) he's just taking the tinkle.

Martinez though has proven to be THE perfect foil for Schweinsteiger this season. We don't really need him but Gustavo is a decent player who is no longer a first teamer.

I remember Bilbao used to play Javi Martinez at CB quite often. They did at the Lane in the pre season friendly on the day the riots kicked off

I'm not taking the tinkle.. He's as realistic as getting Moutinho, yet people still entertain that idea on a daily basis. Why shouldn't I?

I'm not taking the tinkle.. He's as realistic as getting Moutinho, yet people still entertain that idea on a daily basis. Why shouldn't I?

Moutinho is considerably more realistic than Schweinsteiger. It's laughable that you think otherwise. Although still don't well get Moutinho

What kind of striker is Bony?

Physical beast! Very strong although not massively fast. Always really composed with his finishing. Think it was someone on here compared him with Yakubu which is a pretty good comparison. Think he would do very well for us and would probably be affordable too.

Moutinho is considerably more realistic than Schweinsteiger. It's laughable that you think otherwise. Although still don't well get Moutinho

How?

They've both played about the same number of games at club level, both internationals of high esteem.

Moutinho is younger so could potentialy cost more in the form of a transfer fee.. Schweinsteiger's wages will possibly be higher, but that can be overcome.

João Moutinho
Value: 26,500,000 £
Contract: 30.06.2015

Bastian Schweinsteiger
Value: 30,000,000 £
Contract: 30.06.2016

Obviously I was wrong about Schweinsteiger's contract, but honestly, they're about as realistically attainable as each other...

No they are not. We could sign Moutinho tomorrow if we offered £22m or whatever they want. Bayern and Schweinsteiger would just laugh at the prospect of us trying to sign him.

Moutinho:
Portuguese, worked under AVB before, says he wants to leave Porto at the end of the season.

Schweinsteiger:
Plays for arguably the best team in the world, focal point of midfield, will probably never leave, better than Moutinho, about to potentially win a treble.

--

I think Moutinho would be easier to get, there is a reason why we are linked with the Moutinhos of the world and not the Schweinsteigers.

You're right but the difference is; with Moutinho we won't get him, with Schweinsteiger we can't get him. We'll probably end up with Cabaye.

You're right but the difference is; with Moutinho we won't get him, with Schweinsteiger we can't get him. We'll probably end up with Cabaye.

Who I feel is better than Moutinho anyway. I'm still yet to be impressed whenever I watch Moutinho. Maybe that's his game though? Not really noticeable but keeps things going.

A reasonable compromise I guess, but is he good enough to keep us in/push us towards the top four spots?

Everyone loves the idea of a Sandro, Dembele, Cabaye midfield ... except for me. They all want to play deep, there's no midfield runner, no one creating in the final third. No one says they want that midfield but with Huddlestone in it who is basically a less mobile version of Cabaye. I want an Eriksen or someone like that.

Same goes fo Moutinho as well.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11835/8684961/Real-Madrid-set-to-sell-Gonzalo-Higuain-but-keep-Karim-Benzema

Higuain leaving Real this summer according to their general manager, Jose Angel Sanchez.

Are we realistically in with a shout, or will the big boys fight it out infront of our noses as usual? The article mentions interest last summer from Juve, PSG and Chelsea. Juve have got Llorente now, PSG are strongly rumored to be in the market for Cavani and we all know the special one has his eyes firmly set on Falcao.

There was also some talk about him wanting to come to London a while back, something because of his girlfriend getting a job no?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11835/8684961/Real-Madrid-set-to-sell-Gonzalo-Higuain-but-keep-Karim-Benzema

Higuain leaving Real this summer according to their general manager, Jose Angel Sanchez.

Are we realistically in with a shout, or will the big boys fight it out infront of our noses as usual? The article mentions interest last summer from Juve, PSG and Chelsea. Juve have got Llorente now, PSG are strongly rumored to be in the market for Cavani and we all know the special one has his eyes firmly set on Falcao.

There was also some talk about him wanting to come to London a while back, something because of his girlfriend getting a job no?

his girlfriend has a job with the BBC in London iirc

of course its highly unlikely we can attract or even afford Higuain, however if Chelsea sign Falcao and Arse sign Jovetic, then Higuain might have to compromise if he wants to join a London club.

Higuain's stock has fallen, he was crap the other night and Madrid fans think of him like we do of Adebayor. It's not completely unrealistic(if we finish top 4).

Back