• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Just heard the Ben Arfa rumours. If he can stay fit, that would be an unreal signing.

I view him as a grown-up Tarrabt. Kind of a maverick player who would be good to have on the bench but not really convinced that he's consistent enough to want to rely on him as a starter in your first choice 11 is he? Would be a good signing though, I agree, and bring some much needed final-third creativity to our squad

I view him as a grown-up Tarrabt. Kind of a maverick player who would be good to have on the bench but not really convinced that he's consistent enough to want to rely on him as a starter in your first choice 11 is he? Would be a good signing though, I agree, and bring some much needed final-third creativity to our squad

I think he could decent be a starter. One of those who can beat a man with skill or pace (he's very very quick), can get past three or four players with his foot work, unlock defences with creativity and vision. But it is a squad game and if he does start on the bench, I hope he wouldn't kick up a fuss and just want to better himself to be in contention to start. I'd welcome him at Spurs though, a 'typical' Spurs player.

I think he could decent be a starter. One of those who can beat a man with skill or pace (he's very very quick), can get past three or four players with his foot work, unlock defences with creativity and vision. But it is a squad game and if he does start on the bench, I hope he wouldn't kick up a fuss and just want to better himself to be in contention to start. I'd welcome him at Spurs though, a 'typical' Spurs player.

Not at all convinced. He'll create magic every so often, but he goes missing far too often at Saudi Sportswashing Machine to be relied upon consistently.

I'm not sure about Ben Afra. If Newcaslte go down I want Cabaye. I'd still want Moutinho also. Even though we are desperate for a striker and have a decent CM, if the opportunity to sign both arises, I'd take them. Having a striker is great, but so is keeping the ball. The poor quality of football and lack of possession this season is something that isn't discussed often. But even without a top class striker, we'd be much better placed to finish in the top 4 if we had a CM who were excellent at passing and moving the ball. None of our current CM's, bar the Hudd and Carroll can do this and we need 2 top quality players of this ilk in the starting line up.

I can't see these supposed Ben Arfa rumours being anything more than his agent making noises.

Personally, I'd much rather prefer to watch Ben Arfa on his day than Dempsey or Gylfi play out wide but Ben Arfa on his day doesn't happen often. You never know though, if AVB really is interesting in him, maybe he sees something in him and could get the best out of him.

If I was a Saudi Sportswashing Machine player I'd certainly have my agent looking for a move by now.

I wonder, even if they do stay up, how many will want to leave in the summer?

I seriously can't see Cabaye staying

I think a decent number of them will stay. They've massively underperformed this year, in large part possibly due to the EL, and apart from teh top 5 plus Liverpool I doubt there are many bigger wage payers in England. In my view, in terms of ability their team is somewhere between 6th and 8th best in the league, similar to Liverpool and Everton. Perhaps their squad isnt deep enough and hence problems with the EL.

If one of the top 5 comes sniffing them many some players will leave but I think most will stay

Incidentally, this brings to mind one thing we should do more of: poach decent players from clubs just below us to weaken them and strengthen us. Whether thats Krul or Cabaye from Newcstle or Enrique from Liverpool or Baines or the young midfielder chap from Everton....it would stop them getting closer to us. However to do this well we need CL football to attract them

Oh he's great!!

[video=youtube;e4miWbzqm_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4miWbzqm_4[/video]

Some fantastic goals in here. Emm...why would they sell this guy?

Leandro can go fudge off (unless we sign him and he's really good).

Some fantastic goals in here. Emm...why would they sell this guy?

Leandro can go fudge off (unless we sign him and he's really good).

Fans don't really like him. He's a bit of a 'loose cannon' if that's the right term. He punched a team mate, he went a period where he wasn't scoring and the fans jeered every touch he made etc. He's a bit of a confidence player to be fair, when things are going his way he's bright, up for it, scores goals like ones in the video or the hattrick at the weekend, if fans are on his back or things don't go his way he's a bit of a strop. Sounds like Berbatov.

I still think Roma will cash in on him though. They know that they can get money for him based on this season and they might not get a better chance. We've apparently held talks with him when he was in London, but I haven't heard anything since. I mean this guy will be available for less than £15m. I think it's a gamble worth taking.

Sunderland owner Ellis Short has ruthlessly axed chief scout Bryan 'Pop' Robson and his entire scouting network.

Fans don't really like him. He's a bit of a 'loose cannon' if that's the right term. He punched a team mate, he went a period where he wasn't scoring and the fans jeered every touch he made etc. He's a bit of a confidence player to be fair, when things are going his way he's bright, up for it, scores goals like ones in the video or the hattrick at the weekend, if fans are on his back or things don't go his way he's a bit of a strop. Sounds like Berbatov.

I still think Roma will cash in on him though. They know that they can get money for him based on this season and they might not get a better chance. We've apparently held talks with him when he was in London, but I haven't heard anything since. I mean this guy will be available for less than £15m. I think it's a gamble worth taking.

Worth the gamble for a club like us I think. We can't really afford the complete package type players. Just the damaged goods.

Back