• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

there is no way that valencia is brick
but there is no wAy he is leagues above lennon either. Lennon is feared more than valencia but the thing about valencia is that he's able to generate a cross from more places than lennon and valencia is a genuine goal threat....i would say that valencia distributes the ball to other suppliers better than lennon

but leagues above lennon? absolutely not

How is Valencia a genuine goal threat and Lennon isn't? Past four seasons Valencia has 11, Lennon has 13. They're very similar in style and qualities. If you can win a league with Valencia in your team then you can win it with Lennon.

Listen mate, I love little Aaron Lennon, one of my fav player but he just doesnt do enough. He lacks quality.

His all round game is not enough, no end product. He'll never be a top player.

I am not happy to write, I wish he was better.

The problem is some keep saying the players they like are good enough.(Dawson, Friedel & Lennon) They are NOT.

We have to decide between having nice players we like or winners. If we decide to have players we like, we cant moan at the end of the season.

He's a more effective consistent player than Ben Arfa.

Listen mate, I love little Aaron Lennon, one of my fav player but he just doesnt do enough. He lacks quality.

His all round game is not enough, no end product. He'll never be a top player.

I am not happy to write, I wish he was better.

The problem is some keep saying the players they like are good enough.(Dawson, Friedel & Lennon) They are NOT.

We have to decide between having nice players we like or winners. If we decide to have players we like, we cant moan at the end of the season.

You obviously haven't watched Valencia much this season if you think he is currently better than Lennon. Utd fans are losing patience with him.

Aaron has been much, much better than him this season.

Where's that leave Lennon?

sorry i missed the reply earlier

i guess that would mean he wouldn't figure, although i get the feeling AVB appreciates what he offers so would keep him around and involved enough to keep him happy. you got to think ideally the goal will be playing a league campaign, CL and a good go in the FA Cup as well so we will need variety and good quality in reserve.

i think the fact we were in for Willian recently would maybe back up my proposed front 3 :

____New Forward
Willian________Bale

(with Bale coming in to support the forward and Willian playing a more LWF role)

(obvs Willian has gone to Russia but it shows what type of player we were in for and potentially what type of system we are planning on)

Valencia hasn't been the same since his long injury lay off and most United fans i come across on a rather large multi-club forum can't wait to see the back of him

Last edited:
sorry i missed the reply earlier

i guess that would mean he wouldn't figure, although i get the feeling AVB appreciates what he offers so would keep him around and involved enough to keep him happy. you got to think ideally the goal will be playing a league campaign, CL and a good go in the FA Cup as well so we will need variety and good quality in reserve.

i think the fact we were in for Willian recently would maybe back up my proposed front 3 :

____New Forward
Willian________Bale

(obvs Willian has gone to Russia but it shows what type of player we were in for)

Valencia hasn't been the same since his long injury lay off and most United fans i come across on a rather large multi-club forum can't wait to see the back of him

Exactly.

Good players are not necessarily popular players. Valencia is not a fashionable player, but an effective, consistent and hardworking one. These are the players Fergie loves to have in his squad, players who can be relied upon in certain situations, even if they might not be great players in their own right (Park is the obvious example of this).

Hence while his popularity among United fans will wax and wane I think he'll have a place in Fergie's squad for the foreseeable future.

Thinking about Valencia, would you rather a player who was brilliant on their day but atrocious off it, or someone who was either good or poor? [that might not be the greatest explanation, but think of the difference between Nasri and Park, for instance].

Thinking about Valencia, would you rather a player who was brilliant on their day but atrocious off it, or someone who was either good or poor? [that might not be the greatest explanation, but think of the difference between Nasri and Park, for instance].

Or Nani and Valencia. Fergie prefers the latter but Man Utd fans seem to love Nani.

See, I quite like Nani, I've wondered whether he'd be good in our current setup. My mate pointed out the other day though that I'm imagining Nani with one of those little green Fifa arrows, rather than the guy that usually turns up...i'd be tempted to go for it, just because of what he CAN do.

Lennon is quality, one of the few players remaining who gets chalk on his boots and gives proper old skool width. Means there is more space on the rest of the pitch to play which is great for us as a lot of teams sit back against us. His defensive work is also underrated.

Plus don't forget we have a lot of games per year and I'd hate to think we were going to switch to a rigid 4-3-3, each formation and tactic should be fluid enough so that it can change mid game and for different oppositions e.g. change to 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1 mid game if required. That's how the best teams play.

fudge sake...

Bastard using us to get Napoli etc to get serious about their interest?

Wednesday, 1st May, 2013

Internacional president Giovanni Luigi has admitted that the likelihood is that star striker Leandro Damiao will be heading to join Tottenham Hotspur when he leaves Brazil.

Serie A giants Napoli have been strongly linked with bidding for Damiao, in an effort to replace Edinson Cavani, who looks set to bid farewell to the Azzurri in the summer transfer window.

However, Spurs have long been doing the spadework over a move for Damiao – Andre Villas-Boas’ men pushed hard to sign the Brazil international on the final day of the January transfer window, but Internacional would not drop their asking price.

The English club though are in pole position, Luigi has revealed, while appearing to blast Napoli for speaking directly to Damiao’s agent without consulting the Brazilian giants.

"If a club want a player, they must talk to the president of the club at which that particular player plays, and not just deal with the agent – that is not correct behaviour", Luigi told Tutto Mercato.

"Recently we talked with Tottenham, Leandro is very likely to play games in England in the coming year. On the other hand we can exclude Napoli", the powerbroker added.

Bagging Damiao would be seen as a large statement of intent from Spurs, who are desperate to convince double PFA award winner Gareth Bale to stay at the club.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/04...nacional-president/84892/#0CFh3OjduC5WTjYj.99

..or maybe he's telling the truth. I know what you're say though, it seems like we get used a lot in these little games between clubs, especially when you look at last year's Hazard fiasco.

Levy wasn't willing to pay what was required to get leandro in January so he won't be doing that this summer.

Nani, Valencia, Ben Arfa versus lennon?
There's much better players out there have havent popped up on motd.
That Lamela kid at Roma for a start is better than all these and he doesnt half have an eye for goal.
Thats the caliber that would actually improve our team.

Last edited:
That Lamela kid at Roma for a start is better than all these and he doesnt have have an eye for goal.

Being an avid Roma follower since the days of league winning days, Lamela would be a superb signing but I couldn't see us signing both him and Osvaldo. Another one is Marquinhos who is up there with Nastasic and Varane as the best young centre back in the world. Lamela would be perfect here though.

That Lamela kid at Roma for a start is better than all these and he doesnt have have an eye for goal.

People are discussing players they know/rumours posted here. It isn't up to us to find the players... The only team whose players I know to an excellent standard are Spurs', so I post about where I know we need to improve the team as opposed to speculations on who we might sign. I agree though, plenty of teams sign nobodies in every position every year who rip it up, the players are out there, it is just up to our coaching/scouting staff to identify the right deals and for Levy to execute them.

Back