• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

People are discussing players they know/rumours posted here. It isn't up to us to find the players... The only team whose players I know to an excellent standard are Spurs', so I post about where I know we need to improve the team as opposed to speculations on who we might sign. I agree though, plenty of teams sign nobodies in every position every year who rip it up, the players are out there, it is just up to our coaching/scouting staff to identify the right deals and for Levy to execute them.

Well hopefully we are now looking outside of England. 15/17 of our senior permanent signings under Redknapp were from England. Since he's gone its 4/7.

Ben Arfa would have to be viewed as a wildcard/maverick/from the bench game changer. He's just too injury prone to depend on. In saying that I'm sure Saudi Sportswashing Machine would hold out for decent money and I'm not sure this type of player is a priority for us. Strikers Danny. Strikers I tell thee.

Osvaldo looks good on those vids from Mumorn. I'm convinced we must buy him now. Danny buy him now.

Oh he's great!!

[video=youtube;e4miWbzqm_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4miWbzqm_4[/video]

Sky Italy are saying City have signed Fernandinho from Shaktar for £23m

Was it Man C or just 'playing in Manchester'? I read something saying the latter. He's a CM isnt he? Utd are short of CMs - dont know Fernandinho brilliantly but is him and Yaya Toure a viable partnership?

Goal.com reporting Mourinho back to Chelsea and taking Falcao with him. Deals agreed apparently.

Probably likely to be honest. Falcao in that Chelsea side would probably mean they will win the league or be very close to it. Can imagine a few more top players to be brought in, I expect Hazard, mata and Oscar to only get better too. We need to keep them out of the top four this season so badly. Next season could be the most difficult to crack the top four for quite some time. I expect Liverpool to make some decent signings too. Coutinho and Sturridge have been good signings. Arsenal will I'm sure be strengthening too.

Big few months coming up which will once more mould the direction of our great football club.

Goal.com reporting Mourinho back to Chelsea and taking Falcao with him. Deals agreed apparently.

Probably likely to be honest. Falcao in that Chelsea side would probably mean they will win the league or be very close to it. Can imagine a few more top players to be brought in, I expect Hazard, mata and Oscar to only get better too. We need to keep them out of the top four this season so badly. Next season could be the most difficult to crack the top four for quite some time. I expect Liverpool to make some decent signings too. Coutinho and Sturridge have been good signings. Arsenal will I'm sure be strengthening too.

Big few months coming up which will once more mould the direction of our great football club.

If this is true, we need Standard Liège to buy Lukaku

Its come to a point when the transfer season comes upon us again,that we are becoming a bit of a laughing stock amongst everybody now,it would be nice to get who ever we are after before the end of july and not at the end of august along with sky cameras outside our training ground at half ten at night and after we've played three games plus a champs league qualifer as well perhaps,can we please be a bit more professional this time and not be like a bunch of japenese toursits at a harrods sale on new years day,scrambling for bargains.

But i know things won't be any different. Here's to another four months of itk crap,can't wait.

We're not at a different level to arse at the moment so if they strengthen and we strengthen then no reason to suggest we'll be behind them next year.

Similarly with Chelsea - ok, I accept they won the CL last year (with more than a bit of luck in the semis and final though) however in the league we finished above them last year and are as good as level with them this year. I would also suggest that we could strengthen more than them, by which I mean us signing a proper goalscorer and a Modric-style midfielder I think would arguably improve us by more than Falcao would imrpove them. Mourinho though might make a difference...but equally AVB will have a proper pre-season and chance to shape his squad to how he wants it

We've finished above liverpool for what, 4 or 5 seasons(?), so frankly I'm not too bothered if they sign a couple players. Saurez will miss the first 6 games, Gerrard is getting ever closer to retirement and they're starting a long way back

As long as we dont chase false hopes (eg Leandro), keep Bale and even just make a couple sensible signings in the £8m - £15m bracket, then I don see that we should be much less competitive at all than we are this year

We're not at a different level to arse at the moment so if they strengthen and we strengthen then no reason to suggest we'll be behind them next year.

Similarly with Chelsea - ok, I accept they won the CL last year (with more than a bit of luck in the semis and final though) however in the league we finished above them last year and are as good as level with them this year. I would also suggest that we could strengthen more than them, by which I mean us signing a proper goalscorer and a Modric-style midfielder I think would arguably improve us by more than Falcao would imrpove them. Mourinho though might make a difference...but equally AVB will have a proper pre-season and chance to shape his squad to how he wants it

We've finished above liverpool for what, 4 or 5 seasons(?), so frankly I'm not too bothered if they sign a couple players. Saurez will miss the first 6 games, Gerrard is getting ever closer to retirement and they're starting a long way back

As long as we dont chase false hopes (eg Leandro), keep Bale and even just make a couple sensible signings in the £8m - £15m bracket, then I don see that we should be much less competitive at all than we are this year

Chelsea have massively underachieved with the squad they have. With Mourinho back in charge I doubt very much they will make the same mistake. I expect them to either win the title or come very close to it.

As there have been links again... found this on Sabotage Times:

Spurs Target Leandro Damião Could Be New Ibrahimovic
by Mauricio Savarese 1 May 2013
The Brazilian forward has been long linked with a move to White Hart Lane. Here's why, despite an injury-plagued year, he's worth signing...
The man who scored the most goals in World Cup history has no doubt about this: there is a player who is worthy of Brazil’s number 9 shirt when they host the World Cup in 2014. “Not only he is a great finisher, but he can also score headers, which I couldn’t,” said Ronaldo in a recent interview. Despite the injuries he suffered last year, expectations are rising for 23-year-old Internacional striker, Leandro Damião. Tottenham Hotspur seem to be very interested acquiring his services.

I know that players can be flattered by YouTube, but this guy is useful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5wUpoAw07ow

Born in São Paulo, he is no Gabriel Batistuta, but his nickname reminds that of the powerful Argentine: Damigol. His style is different, though. Damião has something of the Zlatan Ibrahimovic about him: skilled despite being so tall (1.89 m). He is not as strong as Batistuta and clearly wastes more opportunities than the former Fiorentina and AS Roma icon, but the chances he did take made him the best striker in Brazil in 2011 and put him as the top scorer of the London 2012, with 6 goals. He has played for Internacional since 2009. People there take him as the successor of Alexandre Pato, who had barely started playing professionally when AC Milan took him to Italy. Damião had a very long adapting period because at the age of 18 he had skipped all youth divisions to play for a tiny wage at a series of small clubs; he preferred playing for food stamps to having a shot at big clubs who turned their noses at him previously.

Damião is a sort of lucky charm for his fans. In 2010, only a few months after becoming a professional footballer, he stepped into the Libertadores Cup final and scored for Internacional against Mexicans of Chivas Guadalajara. But his flair goes much farther: he is a master of a dribble named “lambreta”, which you can see here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXvLCWcfThU&feature=player_embedded

It will probably take him at least 6 months to be fully fit, so don’t expect Damião to come and do great in the first couple of months. But if there is one player Tottenham Hotspur should take from Brazilian football now for the 2013-2014 season, he is the one they want.

Back