• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Basically I think Bale will never return to the left as he doesn't get enough goalscoring chances there. The main 2 options that remain either stifle the team to accommodate Bale (the current 4-4-2) or require 2 new signings and the exclusion of Lennon from the first team (the mooted 4-3-3). IMO 4-3-3 more evenly distributes the burden of goals while keeping Bale in a position to score frequently, potentially maintaining his goal output but increasing that of the rest of the team. Also I think it's worth pointing out that Bale is not brilliant in tight spaces and hence can seem a passenger in tight games when deployed through the middle.

Indeed. If a team can win the league with Valencia playing most of the time, then a team with Lennon can win it. It's the other positions(and lack of squad depth) letting us down massively.

Utd's front four options: Young, Valencia, Nani, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Van Persie
Spurs' front four options: Lennon, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Bale, Defoe, Adebayor

Depressing

I think Valencia more readily provides balls from the right, especially from extremely wide/deep, Lennon prefers to attack the byline/ get closer to the box and generally dinks his crosses a bit more when in the air, or he drills cut-backs along the ground. This means if Lennon is kept away from the box his threat is reduced, while Valencia is equally adept at whipping balls in from very wide (had a couple of great ones vs Arsenal).

Both are hardworking and athletic, they probably are the best 2 natural wingers in the league, but Valencia has a more consistent and wider range of delivery. That's not to say Lennon wouldn't remain an excellent squad option were we to sign another attacking wide player.

Reading on twitter French media say we've opened talks to sign Ben arfa.

I think Ben Arfa would be a brilliant signing and could allow us to incorporate Lennon in a 4-4-2:

----------Bale-----Ade---------
----Ben Arfa--------------Lennon

But also go 4-3-3:
---------------Ade--------------
-Ben Arfa-------------------Bale-

There could be a few better options out there but if we can get a decent price we should definitely be interested, proven player in this league.

I've not se Ben Arfa on the left. On the rare occasion that he's fit enough to play, he's on the right where he puts his head down, runs and shoots.

I've not se Ben Arfa on the left. On the rare occasion that he's fit enough to play, he's on the right where he puts his head down, runs and shoots.

I'm by no means an expert, he just ticks a lot of boxes. Technical, eye for a pass, eye for a goal, decent with both feet, experience of the Premier League. Might even be able to get a bargain if Saudi Sportswashing Machine go down... My only worry is his similarity to Holtby/Sig. Would prefer a proper goal threat, like how Porto had Varela and Hulk.

(My point was he seems versatile enough to play on the left, although that doesn't always translate into reality.)

On his day he is as good as anyone in the league, the only problem is his day is few and far between.

-------- Osvaldo ---------

Ben Arfa -- Bale -- Lennon

----- Sandro Dembele

Last edited:
Ben Arfa would have to be viewed as a wildcard/maverick/from the bench game changer. He's just too injury prone to depend on. In saying that I'm sure Saudi Sportswashing Machine would hold out for decent money and I'm not sure this type of player is a priority for us. Strikers Danny. Strikers I tell thee.

Osvaldo looks good on those vids from Mumorn. I'm convinced we must buy him now. Danny buy him now.

Now I've heard it all. Valencia leagues above Lennon? fudge me, he's brick

there is no way that valencia is brick
but there is no wAy he is leagues above lennon either. Lennon is feared more than valencia but the thing about valencia is that he's able to generate a cross from more places than lennon and valencia is a genuine goal threat....i would say that valencia distributes the ball to other suppliers better than lennon

but leagues above lennon? absolutely not

Now I've heard it all. Valencia leagues above Lennon? fudge me, he's brick

he had a good season a few years back but I'd definitely rather have Lennon

he's rarely spectacular but it's funny how our poor form seems to coincide with his injuries

he had a good season a few years back but I'd definitely rather have Lennon

he's rarely spectacular but it's funny how our poor form seems to coincide with his injuries

In part due to our lack of natural cover rather then his 'integral' role in our team though.

I always worry when players seem on the wane at united as well as the quality around them is usually covering them to some degree

I prefer Lennon.

Listen mate, I love little Aaron Lennon, one of my fav player but he just doesnt do enough. He lacks quality.

His all round game is not enough, no end product. He'll never be a top player.

I am not happy to write, I wish he was better.

The problem is some keep saying the players they like are good enough.(Dawson, Friedel & Lennon) They are NOT.

We have to decide between having nice players we like or winners. If we decide to have players we like, we cant moan at the end of the season.

Back