• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Where's that leave Lennon?

on the left perhaps? I'm not the biggest fan of him playing there, but with him being better with his right foot, MAYBE cutting in on to his right foot might be better for him and us as a whole? I know that getting goals ISN'T Lennons game and his game mainly consists of beating a full back and crossing it low into the box, causing downright havoc but maybe on the left AVB could try and get something extra out of Lennon and sort of up his game in the same way AVB has got the best out of Bale etc?

I have no idea. It'd be sad not to see Lennon in our starting line up, as over the years I think all of us have grown to love the little guy, I mean he's been a main stay in our team since he was 17!!

Where's that leave Lennon?

Part of a squad? It's kind of a lazy argument when someone suggests a formation or a player to say that it can't happen because we can't drop this or that player. With a 60 game season and our injury record there'll be more than enough opportunities for the best players. We need more than 11 that are considered first XI players and everyone else backups.

Part of a squad? It's kind of a lazy argument when someone suggests a formation or a player to say that it can't happen because we can't drop this or that player. With a 60 game season and our injury record there'll be more than enough opportunities for the best players. We need more than 11 that are considered first XI players and everyone else backups.

Sorry but Lennon isn't Kyle Naughton. So if it's 433 with Bale on the right, where does that leave Lennon? "As part of the squad" isn't an answer, it's a vague cop-out. We'd just be sacrificing a great player so we can play everyone's favourite new formation.

I just looked back and after Bentekes hattrick saw some people saying Osvaldo isn't good enough? Are you kidding me? Osvaldo would be the perfect signing for us right now. He will be available on the cheap, him and Roma AREN'T on the best of terms, the fans don't really like him and he would RELISH in our team, he has all the attributes to top anything we have right now and I've wanted him at the club for the past 2 seasons, I saw him play for Roma on Sunday and he scored a hattrick, no surprise there though.

[video=youtube;5uSOkdOuwsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uSOkdOuwsM[/video]

I mean the guy is so cool under pressure it's silly. You'd think someone like that wouldn't be the hardest worker but he does work hard. Not on the levels of a Tevez or even a Dempsey when it comes to working hard but he'll put in more effort than Adebayor does thats for sure (which isn't hard), but that's not his game. You supply him, he won't let you down. He would score 15+ league goals for us easily.

Sorry but Lennon isn't Kyle Naughton. So if it's 433 with Bale on the right, where does that leave Lennon? "As part of the squad" isn't an answer, it's a vague cop-out. We'd just be sacrificing a great player so we can play everyone's favourite new formation.
Someone talking sense at last. Fed up with everyone just assuming we going 433 cos avb played it at Porto. I said last summer we wouldn't play it this year and was laughed at by gutter boy and the other football manager fanboys.

Here's his hattrick at the weekend by the way. Effortless.

[video=youtube;twJmLaiBg0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twJmLaiBg0Q[/video]
[video=youtube;FR6nTSk_EOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR6nTSk_EOQ[/video]
[video=youtube;5oxAf8NR1Bk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oxAf8NR1Bk[/video]

Here's his hattrick at the weekend by the way. Effortless.

[video=youtube;twJmLaiBg0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twJmLaiBg0Q[/video]
[video=youtube;FR6nTSk_EOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR6nTSk_EOQ[/video]
[video=youtube;5oxAf8NR1Bk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oxAf8NR1Bk[/video]

And Roma would sell this chap why exactly? Has he fallen out with people or something?

And Roma would sell this chap why exactly? Has he fallen out with people or something?

TOTTENHAM HELD OSVALDO TALKS

Pablo Osvaldo is likely to be sold by Roma this summer if they receive an offer that matches their €15 million asking price.One possible destination is Tottenham, who are in the market for a new striker.

The Sweeper can reveal that a Spurs representative had a meeting with Osvaldo when he was in London earlier in April while suspended from Serie A action. The Italy international has had a solid season, scoring 12 goals in 25 league games, but he is believed to be ready to move on from the capital.

Roma will sanction the 27-year-old’s exit from the Stadio Olimpico if they receive an offer that is similar to the sum they paid for the Argentina-born hitman in 2011, when he was signed from Espanyol in a deal worth up to €17.5m. Meeting Osvaldo’s salary expectations should not be an insurmountable problem for Spurs if they decide to press ahead with an offer.

The striker currently earns €72,000-a-week at Roma, a sum that will rise to €86,000-a-week in the final year of his contract, which runs until 2016.

Agree 100%. Its a bit like when you`re a kid and you always do your favorite 11. It doesnt work like that.

We need a squad, fergie changes every week. All top clubs have a squad, not 11 players.

Especially for Aaron lennon, two 2 goals a season and 3 burst of pace every 7 games. Come on. He wouldnt be a starter in any other top club. He is one we need to improve on.

And? Cant get the point?

Anyway Valencia is a league above Lennon. If that wasnt the case, Lennon would be at United, and Valencia not at United.

Has Lennon ever scored two goals in the same game? For me that says a lot.

We just need so much more from him, especially at home, when we play with 3 up front. He passes it backwards all the time. We need him to cut inside.

26 shots on goal this season... One shot a game.... Hes part of the front three in a 4-5-1 some tend to forget. Then we wonder why we`re not winning. Lets shoot at goal first.

I'd certainly say it's debatable that Valencia is "a league above" Lennon.

Lennon's scored two in a game once, how about Valencia? Lennon has 13 goals in his last four seasons, Valencia has 11.

When do we play three up front? We play with one winger, one cutter-in, Bale and a non-existant striker.

He doesn't take many shots because he's incredibly unselfish and does what is best for the team, we already have enough selfish players who get the ball and shoot - Bale, Dempsey, Defoe.

He is one we need to improve on.

Out of the starting 11 positions, in order of 'ones which we need to improve on', Lennon comes low down. I think there's 5 positions higher than him based on our usual 4-2-3-1 and even before other high priorities such as a back up CF

High: CF
Moderate: LB, RB, LW (Siggy/Dempsey/Holtby/whoever), Attacking mid (Dembele)
Low: CB1 (Verts), CB2 (Kaboom), RW (Lennon)
Very low: GK (Lloris), CF2 (Bale), DM (Sandro)

You can debate some of these priorities but only really Lloris, Bale and Sandro are less 'up-gradeable' than Lennon given where we are

I'd certainly say it's debatable that Valencia is "a league above" Lennon.

Lennon's scored two in a game once, how about Valencia? Lennon has 13 goals in his last four seasons, Valencia has 11.

When do we play three up front? We play with one winger, one cutter-in, Bale and a non-existant striker.

He doesn't take many shots because he's incredibly unselfish and does what is best for the team, we already have enough selfish players who get the ball and shoot - Bale, Dempsey, Defoe.

Are you sure it's that or just poor decision making on his part? How many time has he tried to play the ball in a very good shooting position and it been blocked or not gone to the player?

Think people need to realise that if we are going to move up a level some of the fans favorites who are not good enough are going to get dropped.

Out of the starting 11 positions, in order of 'ones which we need to improve on', Lennon comes low down. I think there's 5 positions higher than him based on our usual 4-2-3-1 and even before other high priorities such as a back up CF

High: CF
Moderate: LB, RB, LW (Siggy/Dempsey/Holtby/whoever), Attacking mid (Dembele)
Low: CB1 (Verts), CB2 (Kaboom), RW (Lennon)
Very low: GK (Lloris), CF2 (Bale), DM (Sandro)

You can debate some of these priorities but only really Lloris, Bale and Sandro are less 'up-gradeable' than Lennon given where we are

Indeed. If a team can win the league with Valencia playing most of the time, then a team with Lennon can win it. It's the other positions(and lack of squad depth) letting us down massively.

Utd's front four options: Young, Valencia, Nani, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Van Persie
Spurs' front four options: Lennon, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Bale, Defoe, Adebayor

Depressing

Last edited:
We need to build our team around Bale not only because he is our best player but to keep him happy and scoring goals. If we want Bale to get into goalscoring positions he needs to make central runs, hence he is either going to start up front with someone else or cutting in from the right. This also means we need a striker who is willing to sacrifice his own runs into these positions and hence limit his own goalscoring ability.

So if we don't have a major goal threat up front, we either need one from deep centrally, or from the wings. Sandro and Dembele will be in our first team next season undoubtedly, but neither are goalscorers. If Bale plays in the middle in a 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 then there is no space in the midfield for extra goals, hence we will need people in wide positions who can score. The problem in this formation is that Bale has just 2 players directly behind him who can play him in, which drags the other wide midfielders more central and limits their goalscoring potential.

When Lennon plays in this formation he naturally stays wide and rarely looks to play Bale in, meaning the man on the opposite flank is even more focused on providing and thus offers even less of a goal threat, while Lennon is not one himself. Meanwhile, the striker has to move left to stretch the play in absence of a left winger, meaning he takes up even less goalscoring positions. Hence the 4-4-2-ish formation we've been playing recently with Bale up front leaves him with a massive goal burden.

By moving to 4-3-3 he would have 2 CMS and a full-back immediately behind him, and an extra CM also to the left to find his diagonal runs across the defense through the central/centre-right channel, providing more natural balls from deep. However, obviously he would start further from the goal and would be forced down the line occasionally, reducing his goal threat. Hence this extra CM (presumed to be a new signing) would have to chip in with a few goals, along with the wide-forward on the left, something Lennon cannot do particularly well. This would however give the striker more chances to score goals and I think in this system we would see Adebayor return to relative goalscoring form, while a genuine upgrade on him could flourish (he isn't the most suited to the role).

I think if we want to incorporate Bale successfully enough to do well in the league and keep him happy, Lennon will become of decreasing utility to the first team. Which is ironic because he has been one of our most important and dearly missed players this year. However, if we make the right signings in the summer he should not be more than a squad player.

Those signings would be another goalscoring wide-forward and a more direct, creative, goalscoring CM. I would also like us to be in the market for a new left-back and an upgrade on Adebayor.

Back