• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

A playmaker in the mould or the Spanish trio you mention is a must.

IF, a massive IF, we manage to get Moutinho or Clasie or someone like that and we look to persist with a 4-3-3, what then? Still look to go with an attacking playmaking midfielder (in the spanish trio mould) with Bale and a *Striker* or stick with Bale, Lennon, Ince, Townsend as forward options and *Striker*?

IF, a massive IF, we manage to get Moutinho or Clasie or someone like that and we look to persist with a 4-3-3, what then? Still look to go with an attacking playmaking midfielder (in the spanish trio mould) with Bale and a *Striker* or stick with Bale, Lennon, Ince, Townsend as forward options and *Striker*?

I think we should splash out on Moutinho and a playmaker to take over from Lennon in a 4-3-3 aswell as a decent striker.

I really feel its now or never, if we do not spend this summer we may get left behind.

I don't think Clasie is that kind of player.

If we do change to a 4-3-3 more permanently I think we should have at least one goalscoring midfielder to play in that central trio to not become too heavily dependent on a lone striker to always score our goals along with the wide players.

Unless AVB finds a way to fit Sig or Dempsey into a central trio in a 4-3-3 I don't think any of our players fit that description. Perhaps in time Sig can become that player? Moutinho doesn't score a lot of goals, I haven't seen Clasie, but he doesn't seem to score a lot, 2 goals in the Dutch league is pretty much equivalent to minus 10 goals in the Premier League.

So Clasie wouldn't help in a trio of Sandro, Dembele and Clasie? Is he too similar to Sandro or Dembele?

I asked some Dutch guy on another forum and he basically said he's a DM who can play. Personally I haven't seen him but he doesn't sound like the player we need, unless he can replace Parker. With Sandro and Dembele as two of the three(if we start playing 433) then Eriksen is the guy you'd want to add to them, don't listen to GB when he says he's a crap version of Sigurdsson, he's massively stepped up this season and I assume he'll win POTY in Holland. He's being linked with Dortmund and Liverpool a lot though so it'll be tough to get him. We have to finish in the top 4.

Can we not split this section into players that we think we need that are good in footie manager and players that we have actually been linked with ?

If we do change to a 4-3-3 more permanently I think we should have at least one goalscoring midfielder to play in that central trio to not become too heavily dependent on a lone striker to always score our goals along with the wide players.

I agree. Ideal balance in the midfield 3 would be a defensive / destructive player (Sandro), a playmaker who keeps the ball moving quickly (Modric/Moutinho stylee) and a goalscoring midfielder.

Think you'll find people will say that Dembele can be this 3rd player however a couple Fulham fans I know said to me when he signed that his finishing was the weakest part of his game and, apart from his goal on his debut, think that's been proven right. Also agree that Siggy probably isnt of the highest quality yet (though his legions of fans on here will quickly disagree) and Holtby hasnt shown any knowledge of where the net is yet either....

Can we not split this section into players that we think we need that are good in footie manager and players that we have actually been linked with ?

When the transfer window is reopened, we are possibly looking at re-opening the sub forum as we had in the last winter window.

Even if we're linked with someone, that's usually no more than a journo adding 2 and 2 and getting 567.4325.

I still don't see where Bale fits into a 433 by the way, he as good as said he wants to play central in his POTY speech. I think it's more likely we'll go 433 if we fail to make top 4 and Bale is sold to fund moves for players who would fit the system. Not sure where Lennon fits into it either.

I bet if you asked Bale he'd say he wants to play central with a creative player on the left, Lennon on the right and a striker he can dovetail/switch with, like a Tevez or Rooney type - not sure where we'd find one of those, but that kind of player.

It could work, the two either side of him would need to be in the box a lot as Bale would drop back to find the ball all the time. Personally I like him where he is now but with a proper striker to work with, but as we're all obsessed with 433 I'm trying to imagine how/where he'd fit.

I still don't see where Bale fits into a 433 by the way, he as good as said he wants to play central in his POTY speech. I think it's more likely we'll go 433 if we fail to make top 4 and Bale is sold to fund moves for players who would fit the system. Not sure where Lennon fits into it either.

I bet if you asked Bale he'd say he wants to play central with a creative player on the left, Lennon on the right and a striker he can dovetail/switch with, like a Tevez or Rooney type - not sure where we'd find one of those, but that kind of player.

Why can't he just play on the right?

If we find the right striker he could even swap positions with the lone striker at times. Ade already drifts wide most of the time anyway...

Why can't he just play on the right?

If we find the right striker he could even swap positions with the lone striker at times. Ade already drifts wide most of the time anyway...

In the 433 Porto played under AVB one of the wing forwards stayed wide and the other drifted in behind the forward - or so i have read. Iirc the LWF stayed wide and it was a left footed RWF (Hulk?) that came inside - no reason why this kind of set up wouldnt appeal to Bale really.

Think our formation next season will depend on whether we buy a deep laying creative midfielder or a more advanced one.

Back