• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Ince is way better than Townsend. To be honest I think the fact he's young, English, black and plays out wide, leads people to jump to conclusions about what kind of player he is. He's not a Walcott, Lennon, Routledge or Townsend type at all. Ince is first and foremost a technically gifted footballer. He's not even particularly fast. He's got great vision, plays very intelligently, passes well and is a good finisher. He could easily develop into a number 10, as he's that good on the ball. Basically he isn't your stereotypical fast, dribbler. He's a proper, well rounded footballer. If anything he reminds me a bit of Pienaar, but with more potential. I'd love us to sign him.

I don't think we need 'dribblers' tbh so much as intelligent passers who can spot the incisive pass and play the ball first-time - basically, your silky little Continental types rather than your traditional English wingers. It's very useful to have that ability in your locker, but a lot of our players just seem to dribble/charge forward in straight lines only to lose the ball and/or slow down our play 96% of the time while misplacing passes left and right (hence our lack of buildup play). Some pace and sheer trickery would be nice but we're so bad when it comes to stroking the ball around fluidly and cleverly that that would be the first area I'd look to improve - intelligent movement, intelligent passing, ball control, ability to accelerate (dynamism), etc. Basically, players who have a team ethos, talented in the head as much as in the feet. That can take a lot of time to scout though so I'm not surprised we're having so much trouble.

edit: And if there's one lower league player I want, it's Will Hughes.

Ince is way better than Townsend. To be honest I think the fact he's young, English, black and plays out wide, leads people to jump to conclusions about what kind of player he is. He's not a Walcott, Lennon, Routledge or Townsend type at all. Ince is first and foremost a technically gifted footballer. He's not even particularly fast. He's got great vision, plays very intelligently, passes well and is a good finisher. He could easily develop into a number 10, as he's that good on the ball. Basically he isn't your stereotypical fast, dribbler. He's a proper, well rounded footballer. If anything he reminds me a bit of Pienaar, but with more potential. I'd love us to sign him.

LOL, i get your point

but even so routledge and walcott arent even like lennon and townsend. and routlegde is actually the most unique out of all that lot...none of the other three are like routledge

still, good description of ince. sounds like a good potential

Is this where we talk about potential transfers by the way?

If so i was thinking the other day. in a desperate bid to bolster our attacking numders would people be able to suggest gettable strikers out there?

I was thinking (quite a few of these i dont rate that highly but would do us a favour in that they would give is good options)

Lukaku,
benteke
bent
Hernandez
Dzeko
Rickie lambert (dont laugh, he doesnt need pace to make it. the age / price ratio might be a sticking point)
Kevin Gameiro
Lucas Moura (pigs fly, snowballs chance in hell and all that.....not even a forward but could help us push bale to a forward role permanently)
Stephan El Shaarawy
Iker Muniain (another unlikely but still, just throwing names out there)
Jordan Ayew
Sow
Roberto Soldado

edit:- Remy as well.

just picking out popular names and throwing them in the air to be honest, i have no idea what we need of what would be gettable etc. but clearly the striking issue needs some addressing once again this summer

Is this where we talk about potential transfers by the way?

If so i was thinking the other day. in a desperate bid to bolster our attacking numders would people be able to suggest gettable strikers out there?

I was thinking (quite a few of these i dont rate that highly but would do us a favour in that they would give is good options)

Lukaku,
benteke
bent
Hernandez
Dzeko
Rickie lambert (dont laugh, he doesnt need pace to make it. the age / price ratio might be a sticking point)
Kevin Gameiro
Lucas Moura (pigs fly, snowballs chance in hell and all that.....not even a forward but could help us push bale to a forward role permanently)
Stephan El Shaarawy
Iker Muniain (another unlikely but still, just throwing names out there)
Jordan Ayew
Sow
Roberto Soldado

edit:- Remy as well.

just picking out popular names and throwing them in the air to be honest, i have no idea what we need of what would be gettable etc. but clearly the striking issue needs some addressing once again this summer

Did autocorrect make you type Bent?

Yeah we do not need a 15 + goal a season striker like Bent, we are scoring for fun this season. . . .

I don't think we need 'dribblers' tbh so much as intelligent passers who can spot the incisive pass and play the ball first-time - basically, your silky little Continental types rather than your traditional English wingers. It's very useful to have that ability in your locker, but a lot of our players just seem to dribble/charge forward in straight lines only to lose the ball and/or slow down our play 96% of the time while misplacing passes left and right (hence our lack of buildup play). Some pace and sheer trickery would be nice but we're so bad when it comes to stroking the ball around fluidly and cleverly that that would be the first area I'd look to improve - intelligent movement, intelligent passing, ball control, ability to accelerate (dynamism), etc. Basically, players who have a team ethos, talented in the head as much as in the feet. That can take a lot of time to scout though so I'm not surprised we're having so much trouble.

edit: And if there's one lower league player I want, it's Will Hughes.

I agree completely. We have players who are great one on one going forward, but we need players who can feed those players the right passes.

I haven't seen Will Hughes or Ince play, but if they're as good as some of you say then there could be some excellent signings there to be done.

If we had Bent we would be guaranteed top 4 now.

That's a crazy claim. Football is not that black and white. Who knows what other detrimental effect Bent would have had on the team. Perhaps you are right, but you certainly couldn't guarantee it.

If we had Bent we would be guaranteed top 4 now.

We have a Bent already. He's called Dempsey. Same below-par on the ball skills but unerring ability to be in the right place, at the right time. Now, Dempsey is much more hardworking, but Bent was just faster and more agile. Whether that trade-off improves or detracts from that 'poacher' role is open to discussion, but claiming we'd be guaranteed top four if we had Darren Bent is a bit much when you don't provide a thread of reasoning to back it up, though doubtless you have a reasonable one.

How many has Ade contributed this season? Im sure if we had a striker who only scores goals in the games we needed said player we would have more points on the board ;)

How many has Ade contributed this season? Im sure if we had a striker who only scores goals in the games we needed said player we would have more points on the board ;)

We have Bale who does that. Would Bale have scored as many if Bent played? Would we even keep the ball anywhere near as much? I'm not saying I know the answer to those questions, but it's not as easy as just saying player X scores goals. Is he that much more prolific than Defoe? Does he offer ANYTHING else other than his goals?

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2001–2005 Ipswich Town 122 (48)
2005–2007 Charlton Athletic 68 (31)
2007–2009 Tottenham Hotspur 60 (18)
2009–2011 Sunderland 58 (32)
2011– Aston Villa 53 (20)

41% goal ratio

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1999–2004 West Ham United 93 (29)
2000–2001 → Bournemouth (loan) 29 (18)
2004–2008 Tottenham Hotspur 139 (43)
2008 → Portsmouth (loan)[nb 1] 1 (1)
2008–2009 Portsmouth[nb 1] 30 (14)
2009– Tottenham Hotspur 120 (47)

36% goal ratio

We have Bale who does that. Would Bale have scored as many if Bent played? Would we even keep the ball anywhere near as much? I'm not saying I know the answer to those questions, but it's not as easy as just saying player X scores goals. Is he that much more prolific than Defoe? Does he offer ANYTHING else other than his goals?

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2001–2005 Ipswich Town 122 (48)
2005–2007 Charlton Athletic 68 (31)
2007–2009 Tottenham Hotspur 60 (18)
2009–2011 Sunderland 58 (32)
2011– Aston Villa 53 (20)

41% goal ratio

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1999–2004 West Ham United 93 (29)
2000–2001 → Bournemouth (loan) 29 (18)
2004–2008 Tottenham Hotspur 139 (43)
2008 → Portsmouth (loan)[nb 1] 1 (1)
2008–2009 Portsmouth[nb 1] 30 (14)
2009– Tottenham Hotspur 120 (47)

36% goal ratio

Im only echoing what everyone else says. Whats the difference between me saying Bent and everyone else saying if we had x player we would be challenging for the title etc?

German media reporting Gotze turned down Emirates Marketing Project's offer of 330k GBP a week last month.

Ince looks good from his highlights. Reminds me of Ashley Young. I think for 6.5m he could be a good purchase although as some of you say we do already have Townsend. Ince looks more accomplished.

I'd be happy to bring in an Ince and a playmaking attacking midfielder in the mould of a Silva, Cazorla, Mata type.

Ince looks good from his highlights. Reminds me of Ashley Young. I think for 6.5m he could be a good purchase although as some of you say we do already have Townsend. Ince looks more accomplished.

I'd be happy to bring in an Ince and a playmaking attacking midfielder in the mould of a Silva, Cazorla, Mata type.

A playmaker in the mould or the Spanish trio you mention is a must.

Back