• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Soldado is a poacher that doesn't have much else to his game. He's very similar to Defoe (better link up play but that's not saying much) so if we're looking to sign him then it will be Defoe that would be leaving...but why we target a player like Soldado i don't know.

He is more than a poacher. Yes he has end product and lots of it but he more rounded game than Defoe by some distance.

Clasie's a lovely player. Would appreciate Adam Maher too, though I think both are going to stay in the Eredivisie.

More than anything I want a true mobile playmaking AM (a la Isco, Draxler etc) than another CM/DM though, since I think Holtby will end up deep-ish or box-to-box and the likes of Pritchard are still well in the future. I don't think we consistently create enough *great* chances as a team for even a top-class forward to save us - more dynamism and creativity and vision all along the front four (and a deeplying playmaker) are needed, and a pair of cleverer FBs would not go amiss either. Bale might bail us out more often than not (hence his deserved awards this season) but we just look so turgid and dull on the ball as a whole that I think we're going to need more than one or two signings this summer to actually look like a proper team.

Whether Bale stays or goes, I'll be horrified if any of Parker, Dempsey, Defoe or Ade are in our starting lineup for the first game of next season.

Whether Bale stays or goes, I'll be horrified if any of Parker, Dempsey, Defoe or Ade are in our starting lineup for the first game of next season.

Dempsey and Ade are possibilities, but it depends on when new players arrive. The other two won't be here any longer if all goes well.

Dempsey and Ade are possibilities, but it depends on when new players arrive. The other two won't be here any longer if all goes well.

Ade's wages are so high I can see us struggling to shift him out - he's not *so* mercenary that he'd be happy to retire at a Galatasaray or random Eastern European team just yet imo. I'm willing to give him another chance next season since I think he will be far better playing with a genuinely creative, dynamic midfield (if we sign those players, which is not terribly probable), but I also don't think he fits AVB's ideal striker profile, which is more along the lines of a true no. 9. Dempsey, Defoe, Parker are too old to keep but might also be rather hard to sell given Levy's demands. I expect Benny and maybe Naughton to leave too since AVB doesn't seem to fancy them much.

Clasie's a lovely player. Would appreciate Adam Maher too, though I think both are going to stay in the Eredivisie.

More than anything I want a true mobile playmaking AM (a la Isco, Draxler etc) than another CM/DM though, since I think Holtby will end up deep-ish or box-to-box and the likes of Pritchard are still well in the future. I don't think we consistently create enough *great* chances as a team for even a top-class forward to save us - more dynamism and creativity and vision all along the front four (and a deeplying playmaker) are needed, and a pair of cleverer FBs would not go amiss either. Bale might bail us out more often than not (hence his deserved awards this season) but we just look so turgid and dull on the ball as a whole that I think we're going to need more than one or two signings this summer to actually look like a proper team.

A playmaker you say, Kranjcar though not the best would have been useful this season.

Assume that's why we wanted to sign William as well.

The kid would be more replacing Huddlestone. I think Holtby is already right in the middle of replacing Parker.

What makes you think Holtby will become a defensive minded midfielder? Holtby needs to be playing the number 10 role or I don't see any point in him being in the side. He isn't a central midfielder of the required standard as he doesn't retain possession or shield tackles like a central midfielder needs to be able to do.

Is Ince any good? And by good I mean good enough for a top 4 chasing side and able to display the creativity needed to unlock defences that sit deep against us.

What makes you think Holtby will become a defensive minded midfielder? Holtby needs to be playing the number 10 role or I don't see any point in him being in the side. He isn't a central midfielder of the required standard as he doesn't retain possession or shield tackles like a central midfielder needs to be able to do.

Holtby's played DM before. I think he may be a better fit for a deeper or box-to-box position since even at Schalke, he never made that many key passes or goals (certainly not to VdV's standard, which I think should be our benchmark for the CAM position). I don't think we can afford a relatively unproductive AM, unless we have another creative, productive wide player besides Bale to alleviate the lack of playmaking through the center. Ideally, we'd also have a creative, dynamic striker like Suarez/Tevez and the AM would not have to score to VdV's level to pull the strings behind a mobile front three.

This is all ideally-speaking, of course. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we brought in more than a striker. Hell, I'd be happy just to see a striker. :lol:

For me it's a waste as we have talented players at similiar age and position in Townsend, Pritchard, Ceballos and McEvoy.
I like Ince, but think he's closer to Townsend's talent level than Isco (which is the kind we are in need of).
We need a couple of world class players, out of our reach you say, certainly if we spend £20m and £100k a week to upgrade Danny Rose and Andros Townsend.

Townsend has just taken the all time individual record of most succesful dribbles in a Premier League game and arguably been QPRs best players since he joined them.
McEvoy has been excellent all season at youth level, taken gigantic steps forward in his development, and recently took top 4 right back and England international Carl Jenkinson to the cleaner in last U21 game.
Pritchard has been the talk of all Europe in the Nextgen series, dominating Barcelona academy players and been one of the top 3-4 players of the tournament.
Ceballos, has he been the best player in the U21 Premier League this season? Scores brick loads

If we can't have faith in this kind of talent ...

Is Ince good enough for us? I don't know, probably, cause I think he'll be good.
What I do know though is that if he had come through our academy, we'd have been just as silly as Liverpool and sent him packing.

Ade's wages are so high I can see us struggling to shift him out - he's not *so* mercenary that he'd be happy to retire at a Galatasaray or random Eastern European team just yet imo. I'm willing to give him another chance next season since I think he will be far better playing with a genuinely creative, dynamic midfield (if we sign those players, which is not terribly probable), but I also don't think he fits AVB's ideal striker profile, which is more along the lines of a true no. 9. Dempsey, Defoe, Parker are too old to keep but might also be rather hard to sell given Levy's demands. I expect Benny and maybe Naughton to leave too since AVB doesn't seem to fancy them much.

The voice of reason.

Disagree about Dempsey and the age-ism. Lampard is banging them in and Drogba still going strong.

For me it's a waste as we have talented players at similiar age and position in Townsend, Pritchard, Ceballos and McEvoy.
I like Ince, but think he's closer to Townsend's talent level than Isco (which is the kind we are in need of).
We need a couple of world class players, out of our reach you say, certainly if we spend £20m and £100k a week to upgrade Danny Rose and Andros Townsend.

Townsend has just taken the all time individual record of most succesful dribbles in a Premier League game and arguably been QPRs best players since he joined them.
McEvoy has been excellent all season at youth level, taken gigantic steps forward in his development, and recently took top 4 right back and England international Carl Jenkinson to the cleaner in last U21 game.
Pritchard has been the talk of all Europe in the Nextgen series, dominating Barcelona academy players and been one of the top 3-4 players of the tournament.
Ceballos, has he been the best player in the U21 Premier League this season? Scores brick loads

If we can't have faith in this kind of talent ...

Is Ince good enough for us? I don't know, probably, cause I think he'll be good.
What I do know though is that if he had come through our academy, we'd have been just as silly as Liverpool and sent him packing.

Ince and Townsend might be ready to step up into the first team, but the rest will still need to gain experience and to get a fair assessment. Townsend's dribbling stat is impressive (thanks for highlighting) - its what we need at the moment. I'd be tempted for Lennon and Townsend to play one half each just to cause havoc and take the wind out of the opponents.

Back