• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Said it when he first signed for them and i will say it again, we missed out big time on Countinho.

Osvaldo prefers Fiorentina to Spurs

There are reports Pablo Daniel Osvaldo is heading to Fiorentina after turning down Tottenham Hotspur.

The €13m-rated Roma striker is unlikely to remain at the Olimpico after a series of rows with fans, media and teammates.

Spurs were thought to be in advanced negotiations with the 27-year-old, who was even spotted in London earlier this month.

However, La Nazione newspaper claims Osvaldo has turned down the Premier League option and would prefer to remain in Serie A.

He could accept a return to Fiorentina, the club he already played at from August 2007 to January 2009, scoring five goals in 21 appearances.

The Viola are fighting for a place in the Champions League preliminary round.

http://www.football-italia.net/33590/osvaldo-prefers-fiorentina-spurs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2315848/Tottenham-lining-Valencias-Roberto-Soldado.html

New partner? Southampton striker Rickie Lambert could also be heading to White Hart Lane.

Forget Soldado, I am majorly excited by the mention of Lambert.. Hope we finally seal the deal to get Rickie here.. Beast of a player, would score a hatful for us.

Great statement of intent that is.

AVB: Last season our miscalibration of the amount of solidification needed in the squad impacted greatly on our inability to achieve key performance objectives. This season we must act decisively and with great human dimensions in the transfer market.

Levy: I completely agree, Andre. And you'll be pleased to hear I've solidified like there's no tomorrow. With the players I'm about to bring in, Tottenham will be a force to be reckoned with once more.

Bale: Well, erm, if you're showing ambition in the transfer market, erm, there's no reason for me to leave just , erm, yet, erm.

Levy: Exactly. This window will be the one. In fact, I've already sealed a deal to bring in one of the top forwards available in our price range.

Bale: Who? Higuain? Erm, Benzema? Soldado? Osvaldo? Lukaku? Vucinic?

AVB: Damiao? Eder? Lopez? Hernandez? Suarez? Gomez? Mandzukic?

Levy: ....erm, yeah, someone right up there with the best of them.

Bale: Brilliant! Finally, someone experienced, versatile, powerful and mobile, who can set me up and finish the chances I make!

AVB: Someone diligent, soluble, permeable, possessed of both great intelligence on the rectangular tactical implementation quadrant and emotional demarcations in the pre-match dressing zone!

Levy:.....well, yes, he's...err...experienced, definitely....

Bale: So, go on, who is it then?

AVB: Yes, who have you bought to show the world that you, Daniel Levy, are standing by your young, intelligent coach?

Levy: Erm......

Rickie Lambert.

Bale:.........

AVB:.........

Levy: They say thirty-one is the new eighteen these days......

AVB: I resign.

Make fun all you like, but he's a goal scorer and if his name was Rickardo Lamberto you'd be just as excited about getting him when compared to Soldado and the like...

Great statement of intent that is.

AVB: Last season our miscalibration of the amount of solidification needed in the squad impacted greatly on our inability to achieve key performance objectives. This season we must act decisively and with great human dimensions in the transfer market.

Levy: I completely agree, Andre. And you'll be pleased to hear I've solidified like there's no tomorrow. With the players I'm about to bring in, Tottenham will be a force to be reckoned with once more.

Bale: Well, erm, if you're showing ambition in the transfer market, erm, there's no reason for me to leave just , erm, yet, erm.

Levy: Exactly. This window will be the one. In fact, I've already sealed a deal to bring in one of the top forwards available in our price range.

Bale: Who? Higuain? Erm, Benzema? Soldado? Osvaldo? Lukaku? Vucinic?

AVB: Damiao? Eder? Lopez? Hernandez? Suarez? Gomez? Mandzukic?

Levy: ....erm, yeah, someone right up there with the best of them.

Bale: Brilliant! Finally, someone experienced, versatile, powerful and mobile, who can set me up and finish the chances I make!

AVB: Someone diligent, soluble, permeable, possessed of both great intelligence on the rectangular tactical implementation quadrant and emotional demarcations in the pre-match dressing zone!

Levy:.....well, yes, he's...err...experienced, definitely....

Bale: So, go on, who is it then?

AVB: Yes, who have you bought to show the world that you, Daniel Levy, are standing by your young, intelligent coach?

Levy: Erm......

Rickie Lambert.

Bale:.........

AVB:.........

Levy: They say thirty-one is the new eighteen these days......

AVB: I resign.

In all seriousness I can see avb resigning if levy keeps on failing to sign his targets.

Make fun all you like, but he's a goal scorer and if his name was Rickardo Lamberto you'd be just as excited about getting him when compared to Soldado and the like...

He is definitely quality, although like you said probably not fashionable enough for most. Although I think his age would almost certainly be a reason why we wouldn't get him if nothing else.
His touch and vision reminds me of Teddy although a different type of player. Would like him and one other at the club, would give us good options.

Our season has now boiled down to two possibilities: either we finish in the top four or we don't.

If we finish in the top four, I'd like to think our CL money would be spent securing an immensely talented, versatile, and perhaps most importantly, relatively *young* centre-forward, to take the pressure off the ageing Defoe and...well, off Ade, GHod bless his profligate soul. The only exception to that would be Lisandro Lopez, because he's proven he can score and create at the highest levels of the game: in the CL, when playing for Argentina and over the course of many campaigns with one of the biggest clubs in France.

If we don't finish in the top four, to convince Bale to stay, and to convince AVB that we're worth sticking with, will require Levy to pull out a truly 'big' name, someone that will placate disgruntled fans, ease tensions in the squad and persuade AVB and Bale to commit to the cause. All the previously-mentioned qualities will be required in this forward, but he'll also be required to have a certain 'star' quality that will ease the media scrutiny we'll inevitably face come the summer.

In both cases, the answer in not Rickie bloody Lambert. He's 31, has had two seasons in the top flight and is playing for a side that is given time and space we at Spurs can only dream of getting. Ergo, he shouldn't be anywhere near our summer list, if we even have one.

I know for an absolute fact we enquired about a championship striker just last month and asked to be kept updated.

I know for an absolute fact we enquired about a championship striker just last month and asked to be kept updated.

If that's true, then I'm hoping it's Jordan Rhodes . Seems to get all types of goals and he seems very cool about it all . Seen him being interviewed when first called up by Scotland and he seems a very level headed lad too .

I think we need:

New striker (2 really if we can find a decent youngster)
Possession style midfielder like Moutinho or that type
New LB
New backup goalie

What is this Osvaldo like? Poor return early in his career. Looks like its only in the last 3 years he has upped his game and scored regularly.

No I wouldn't, lame tired excuse aimed at mocking others opinions

Soldado is an excellent striker, his movement is excellent and his finishing is right up there with the best in spain.

Now using common sense the argument should have been Soldado is more Jay Rodriguez than Rickie Lambert, instead of pulling that pointless line above.

Back