• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Friedel is here for one more year. We also gain absolutely nothing from loaning Ade, which potentially nullifies the City paying half his wages arrangement too.

For me the only departures will be: Gomes, Bentley, Khumalo and Gallas. Parker maybe (if we're going to use Holtby as a DM option) and Hudd maybe (depending on a CM incoming) are possibilities.

I actually think we'll have quiet summer, with those 4-6 departures and only 2-3 incomings (2 big players and a kid).

I agree but I would add Benny to the maybe outs. I can see us cashing in on him if we can bring in an adequate replacement. I suspect that the club are not enamoured with Adebayor but I doubt that there would be a queue of clubs willing to take him.

I agree but I would add Benny to the maybe outs. I can see us cashing in on him if we can bring in an adequate replacement. I suspect that the club are not enamoured with Adebayor but I doubt that there would be a queue of clubs willing to take him.

I think we'll struggle to find someone as good as BAE for under £10m tbh. For me its just not a priority position to try and strengthen, especially compared to CF and CM.

I think we'll struggle to find someone as good as BAE for under £10m tbh. For me its just not a priority position to try and strengthen, especially compared to CF and CM.

I think our priorities will change with what happens, what bids we get and who's available.

I think our priorities will change with what happens, what bids we get and who's available.

I didn't think AVB is like that. I've read that Porto were quite shocked about how single-minded AVB was about transfers. Expected to completely rebuild/overhauled after they'd lost the title and seemingly longer-term upper to Benfica, he came in a said he only wanted two players (Moutinho and I forget the other one) and that was it.

It's why I think all we'll do this summer is go back for Moutinho and Leandro. AVB knows exactly what he wants, and hopefully now he's earnt Levy's trust to be backed in that.

Gallas, Ekotto, Huddlestone, Livermore, and one of Adebayor or Defoe will all be gone imo (and Bale is dependant on where we finish). Wouldn't be at all surprised if one of Sigurddson or Dempsey will be sold too.

Gallas, Ekotto, Huddlestone, Livermore, and one of Adebayor or Defoe will all be gone imo (and Bale is dependant on where we finish). Wouldn't be at all surprised if one of Sigurddson or Dempsey will be sold too.

We dont have to worry about Bale this summer.. He wont be going anywhere..

After we turned down huge money from Reading for Siggy in January, I doubt it will be him.

Defoe, Ade and Dempsey all depend if we bring in a 2nd #9 I guess. Though I think AVB likes Dempsey's versatility and workrate.

It's why I think all we'll do this summer is go back for Moutinho and Leandro. AVB knows exactly what he wants, and hopefully now he's earnt Levy's trust to be backed in that.

I think you might be right on this. The manager situation is the most settled it has been for years. Even under the best Harry years I think Levy was just looking for an excuse to get rid of him.

Now AVB has shown he's the real deal, I think Levy will back him.

I agree. I could just see Levy cashing in now and replacing him with a younger player with potential to increase their value

I'm pretty convinced Benny will go, most likely to Monaco. Rose will replace him.

THIS. I love Benny, but I feel like the writing's kinda on the wall there, esp w/ Naughton and Verts being able to do a job there. I see our back four next year as
Walker--Verts--Kaboul--Rose

In terms of the forward situation, what do people make of us being linked to Lisandro Lopez? Seen it a few times over the last few days at a reasonable sort of price too. A year left in the summer, sounds like he wants out and with a pretty decent record at Lyon and Porto, would he be a good signing for us?

no way rose is capable of replacing benny.. we should be looking to upgrade, not downgrade, which wont be easy mind you.

I I can't dance with any of those.

Would hope we only sell Parker and Bae if we have replacements lined up and ready to sign on the dotted line though.

I'm 99.9% sure Rose is BAE's replacement and i would be quite happy with that (i love BAE but he doesn't fit AVB's system it seems). Rose would allow Bale to stay centrally and offer width and support to whoever is playing inside forward on the left (be it Sig, Dempsey or a new signing).

----------------------------Lloris------------------------------------

Walker--------Dawson/Kaboul-----Vertonghen----------------- Rose

-----------------------Sandro----Dembele--------------------------

---------------------------New CM-------------------------------

--Lennon----------------------------------Bale--------------------

----------------------------New ST-------------------------------

I think people don't realise how vital Rose is to allowing us to switch up our formation to AVB's preferred Porto tactics. I mean of course we could sign a Rose type fullback but i don't think we are going to do that.

-----------------------Lloris---------------------------

Walker------Dawson/Kaboul---Vertonghen---------Rose

-------------------Dembele---Sandro------------------

---Lennon---------------Bale--------------new inside forward-

--------------------------New ST---------------------------

that's what i would like to see if we're sticking with the same formation. In this formation Rose isn't nearly as important. Dunno...i think i prefer the first option.

I'm 99.9% sure Rose is BAE's replacement and i would be quite happy with that (i love BAE but he doesn't fit AVB's system it seems). Rose would allow Bale to stay centrally and offer width and support to whoever is playing inside forward on the left (be it Sig, Dempsey or a new signing).

----------------------------Lloris------------------------------------

Walker--------Dawson/Kaboul-----Vertonghen----------------- Rose

-----------------------Sandro----Dembele--------------------------

---------------------------New CM-------------------------------

--Lennon----------------------------------Bale--------------------

----------------------------New ST-------------------------------

I think people don't realise how vital Rose is to allowing us to switch up our formation to AVB's preferred Porto tactics. I mean of course we could sign a Rose type fullback but i don't think we are going to do that.

-----------------------Lloris---------------------------

Walker------Dawson/Kaboul---Vertonghen---------Rose

-------------------Dembele---Sandro------------------

---Lennon---------------Bale--------------new inside forward-

--------------------------New ST---------------------------

that's what i would like to see if we're sticking with the same formation. In this formation Rose isn't nearly as important. Dunno...i think i prefer the first option.

I see Rose as important in both of them if he is thought of as first choice. In the second one he'd be responsible for overlapping his inside forward and keeping the width on the left hand side.

Even if we do keep Rose, we still need a second left back. Naughton is not good there and Verts being moved weakens us in the centre.

Also Bale might be on the right instead of Lennon so he can cut in on his favoured foot.

it might be the system, not having bale in front of him or just age and injuries catching up, but Benny is nowhere near the level he was at last season

it might be the system, not having bale in front of him or just age and injuries catching up, but Benny is nowhere near the level he was at last season

The injury had something to do with I'm sure but his attitude has been poor IMHO, except for the City match where he was well up for it. He is a better player than Rose IMO but if he is not willing to give 100% then there is no place for him on the team. I'd take a well motivated and focussed BAE over Rose.

If Spurs had a 'managers player of the year' id suspect Dempsey would win it. He's not going anywhere.

I nearly spat out my tea. I've said my piece on Dempsey far too many times, so to prevent myself sounding like a broken record I'll just say this. No.

Back