• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

I think some of you are seriously underrating Benteke. I'm not saying he's world class or that he would definitely score 25 goals for Spurs, but I don't know how people can't see that's he's better than what we have. He's 22, quick, great in the air, physically imposing and skilful. Finishing wise, he could still improve but he's a step up from Adebayor in that department.

Scored 15 league goals for one of the worst teams in the league and people still aren't impressed.

I think some of you are seriously underrating Benteke. I'm not saying he's world class or that he would definitely score 25 goals for Spurs, but I don't know how people can't see that's he's better than what we have. He's 22, quick, great in the air, physically imposing and skilful. Finishing wise, he could still improve but he's a step up from Adebayor in that department.

Scored 15 league goals for one of the worst teams in the league and people still aren't impressed.

We are obviously holding out for Damiao on deadline-day.

Offer 5m less than last time and hope they accept

Last edited:

This season he has certainly been a lot better than what we have. Villa fans still say he is frustrating with some of the misses he has done or misplaced passes etc. I just remember being disappointed with him both times we played Villa this year. He missed an absolute sitter at WHL and was anonymous at Villa Park although we were pretty damn decent that day.

I woiuldn't mind him here. I just think there are better options.

I'd like him at WHL and he fits the profile which we typically like to sign: 25 year old or younger, semi-proven but not 100% established, £8m - £15m bracket. He's also very gett-able

If we were to get him and a verstaile forwards I would be very pleased - could go into next season with the follwing players to voer the front 3 positions in a 4-3-3: Defoe, Benteke, Bale, Lennon, Townsend, [other new guy]. Decent variety and plenty of options. Would then offload Ade and Dempsey

Offloading Ade won't be easy. If Levy does his usual and tries to break even or make some money on the deal then there are only a few clubs that could potentially buy him. I think we'd have to look east, middle east or far east as no big European club would take him now I fear.

On the other hand if by some miraculous turn of events that the Ade from the last season reappears then I'd be deliriously happy. I think people forget how effective he was for us and can only remember the sub par performances this year. This is unlikely though.

I like the look the look of Benteke too, he reminds me of a hard working Balotelli, without the attitude.
Bony does look quality too, but remember he got linked quite heavily with West Ham not so long ago. Very composed finisher.
I would love Lukaku, but don't how realistic he'd be after stating he'd never forgive AVB and don't think chelsea would sell him to us.
Anyone know much of Martinez at Port?

Wilfried Bony is anything but Bony isn't he... wowsers his legs are like trunks - and he doesn't look particularly athletic.

benteke with Remy and ship out Ade. Combined outlay would be around £20M IMO and a much better option for us.

People think we wont be able to offload Ade but we only paid £5- £6M for him and im sure we would get that back as a minimum. Remy would be £8m release clause and Benteke for £18M is a good deal all round... but thats obviously a simplified plan:):)

I like the look the look of Benteke too, he reminds me of a hard working Balotelli, without the attitude.
Bony does look quality too, but remember he got linked quite heavily with West Ham not so long ago. Very composed finisher.
I would love Lukaku, but don't how realistic he'd be after stating he'd never forgive AVB and don't think chelsea would sell him to us.
Anyone know much of Martinez at Port?

Seen Martinez play twice (once full game once decent highlights) and he looks like the raw potential that would suit our budgets but they would sell him cheaply IMO. Looks a real player though and would score goals in the prem

benteke with Remy and ship out Ade. Combined outlay would be around £20M IMO and a much better option for us.

People think we wont be able to offload Ade but we only paid £5- £6M for him and im sure we would get that back as a minimum. Remy would be £8m release clause and Benteke for £18M is a good deal all round... but thats obviously a simplified plan:):)

Completely agree - realistic as well

Monaco might take Ade - just got a rich owner and Ade would enjoy the lifestyle down there

Seen Martinez play twice (once full game once decent highlights) and he looks like the raw potential that would suit our budgets but they would sell him cheaply IMO. Looks a real player though and would score goals in the prem

Don't know about the player but their were rumours linking him with £30m+ transfers

Surely he'll be leaving in the summer but is he worth the investment?

My main concern with Remy are the comments comparing him to a formula 1 car, one slight fault (read strain) and he is into the pits. His record this season with QPR hasn't been that good... ten games in total and has had to come off three times, and he has had three weeks on the sidelines with groin problems in February. Possibly a bit too much of a risk?

My main concern with Remy are the comments comparing him to a formula 1 car, one slight fault (read strain) and he is into the pits. His record this season with QPR hasn't been that good... ten games in total and has had to come off three times, and he has had three weeks on the sidelines with groin problems in February. Possibly a bit too much of a risk?

I am sure our medical team will be able to sort him out :-"

His wage is a problem , only nouveau richer clubs able to pay that silly money. But if they got so much money to spend why would they consider a out of form forward who is also turning to his 30th next season?

I did a bit of snooping on a QPR forum a while back and the general consensus was Remy and Townsend were the best of the bunch they had. Not exactly earth-shattering news but at least the people that see him the most rate him.

Back