• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

City to launch £80m summer spending spree

The Blues are currently working on a list of targets – including Gareth Bale, Edinson Cavani, Radamel Falcao and Isco – in a bid to land two or three top-quality stars to boost their squad

And with manager Roberto Mancini urging that sporting director Txiki Begiristain moves quickly to nail down their top targets, the Blues are hoping to announce their first capture shortly after the end of the season.

That would also send out a message to United that the Blues intend to hit back hard in next season’s title race.

Mancini was critical of the club’s efforts to bring in new blood last summer, as all of the names at the top of his wish list were missed – and he wanted the new players in for the start of pre-season training in July.

One name on City’s ‘possible’ list was Mario Gotze, who has already been snapped up by Bayern Munich, while reports from France suggest that Paris St Germain are now in pole position to sign Napoli hitman Cavani, a long-time City target.

The Blues have scaled down the size of their spending after the initial three-year burst, and with the need to show willing in order to comply with new financial fair play rules introduced by both UEFA and the Premier League.

But with £20m banked from the sale of Mario Balotelli, and more money expected from the likely sale of Edin Dzeko, plus the influx of cash from the lucrative new television rights deal negotiated by the league, they have money to spare.

The Blues’ wage bill is also set to ease this summer with the expiry of the contracts of Roque Santa Cruz and Wayne Bridge, while the departure of Balotelli and the expected departures of Kolo Toure and Dzeko will free more room in the budget.

City’s top aim is a striker, and if Paris have captured Cavani, it opens the intriguing possibility of Zlatan Ibrahimovic moving to the Etihad Stadium.

There is also the possibility that, should Borussia Dortmund come calling for Dzeko, who enjoyed success in Germany with Wolfsburg, Polish striker Robert Lewandowski could move in the opposite direction.

The Blues hope to have between one and three marquee signings, and a number of less stellar purchases of young, promising players, such as Roma defender Marquinhos.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-launch-80m-summer-3003039

I did a bit of snooping on a QPR forum a while back and the general consensus was Remy and Townsend were the best of the bunch they had. Not exactly earth-shattering news but at least the people that see him the most rate him.

I think he is good when he is on the pitch... he knows where the goal is, and I can understand Mumorn's comparison with Terry Henry... just think with our luck with injuries he'll be battling Anderton for the Sicknote sobriquet!

I think our new striker will be Pablo Osvaldo.

We've been linked with him, on and off, for a year or so. He's certain to leave Roma. And there was that story a few weeks ago about him holding talks in London. There was also some itk info (can't remember from who but might have been Duncan Castles) saying that Spurs were in negotiations and likely to complete a transfer for a new striker early in the summer or, possibly, before the end of the season. It seems to fit.

As to Remy, I will be tinkled off if we sign him. Not because I particularly dislike him as a player. I suppose he could be a decent (if not exactly top drawer) addition. What would annoy me is that he was available for the best part of two years and we failed to sign him despite sorely lacking attacking options in that time. We could easily have got him in January. Had we done so, our position in the table might have been a whole lot healthier than it is now. It will be galling if we fail to qualify for the CL but then sign him - only when it's too late.

I think our new striker will be Pablo Osvaldo.

We've been linked with him, on and off, for a year or so. He's certain to leave Roma. And there was that story a few weeks ago about him holding talks in London. There was also some itk info (can't remember from who but might have been Duncan Castles) saying that Spurs were in negotiations and likely to complete a transfer for a new striker early in the summer or, possibly, before the end of the season. It seems to fit.

As to Remy, I will be tinkled off if we sign him. Not because I particularly dislike him as a player. I suppose he could be a decent (if not exactly top drawer) addition. What would annoy me is that he was available for the best part of two years and we failed to sign him despite sorely lacking attacking options in that time. We could easily have got him in January. Had we done so, our position in the table might have been a whole lot healthier than it is now. It will be galling if we fail to qualify for the CL but then sign him - only when it's too late.

get this good looking guy in, big fan as some of you may already know. I think he would flourish in our team. Bit of a mean streak about him too. Heard we would get him at a cut price, i honestly reckon we could get him for £10m or less. Meaning we could also a sign a promising striker who may not neccesarily be guaranteed to start but will be hungry enough in training to try and put his foot in the first eleven.

Benteke and Lukaku are good prospects making names for themselves at lowly clubs and under no poressure. How would they cope here at Spurs where you can score in consecutive games and be snubbed by fans?
Has to be a big name striker to replace Defoe and a young up and coming striker as a punt. Looks like Kane ain't gonna make it.

Benteke and Lukaku are good prospects making names for themselves at lowly clubs and under no poressure. How would they cope here at Spurs where you can score in consecutive games and be snubbed by fans?
Has to be a big name striker to replace Defoe and a young up and coming striker as a punt. Looks like Kane ain't gonna make it.

In my opinion there is absolutely no chance we will be able to get Lukaku so it's kind of a moot point. Chelsea are not going to give us a 20 year old who looks like he has the potential to be the one of the best strikers in the world. Simple as that. They would loan him to wyombe wanderers before selling him to us. Pretty much every factor goes against the possibility of them selling him to us. I genuinely believe a lot of their purchases are about ensuring these players Lukaku Courtious De Bruyne etc etc aren't playing for their rivals.

It's a great thing to be optimistc but I think many are setting themselves up for a disappointing summer if they think that Lukaku/Lewandoski are realistic targets

Jovetic's agent: 'negotiations with Arsenal happening' 'no agreement yet' 'expect developments' £24M. 100k p/w.

Fine by me, another player that varies greatly in his performances.

Would be happy with Osvaldo, but as one of two new #9.

Re Jovetic, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't sign/Arsenal won't be spending big till they know what European competition they are in next season.

Tottenham OUT:
- Scott Parker
- Emmanuel Adebayor (LOAN)
- William Gallas (RETIRE)
- Benoit Assou-Ekotto
- Brad Friedel (RETIRE)
- Bongani Khumalo
- Jermaine Jenas
- David Bentley
- Gomes

I can personally see similar to that. Friedel will stay on as a coach and I think if Gallas doesn't retire we will release him anyway. Kaboul/Dawson/Caulker/Vertonghen is good enough. I think Parker will be moving on as we look to change our style to three midfielders. I don't think AVB favours Ekotto and think he will be replaced, Danny Rose will be in our squad by then. I reckon Ade will be off on loan as I can't see us keeping him in our team, hopefully one of the rich arab, Ukraine or Russian clubs snap him up though, they can afford him. Then it's just about getting rid of the deadwood like Bentley, Gomes, Jenas and Khumalo who will never ever play a Spurs game again.

Depending on who we get in, we may even see some Premier League loans to the likes of Tom Carroll and Jake Livermore perhaps. I think a loan for Tom Carroll would be outstanding, we've seen what loans have done to Caulker and Townsend, gives them confidence and playing time at the top level that we weren't ready to give them, Caulker come back a better player with 30+ Premier League games under his belt and Townsend looks to be flourishing with game time at QPR.

I I can't dance with any of those.

Would hope we only sell Parker and Bae if we have replacements lined up and ready to sign on the dotted line though.

Also just realised Friedel won't retire as he signed a 1 year deal a few months ago, which is good in itself.

Tottenham OUT:
- Scott Parker
- Emmanuel Adebayor (LOAN)
- William Gallas (RETIRE)
- Benoit Assou-Ekotto
- Brad Friedel (RETIRE)
- Bongani Khumalo
- Jermaine Jenas
- David Bentley
- Gomes

I can personally see similar to that. Friedel will stay on as a coach and I think if Gallas doesn't retire we will release him anyway. Kaboul/Dawson/Caulker/Vertonghen is good enough. I think Parker will be moving on as we look to change our style to three midfielders. I don't think AVB favours Ekotto and think he will be replaced, Danny Rose will be in our squad by then. I reckon Ade will be off on loan as I can't see us keeping him in our team, hopefully one of the rich arab, Ukraine or Russian clubs snap him up though, they can afford him. Then it's just about getting rid of the deadwood like Bentley, Gomes, Jenas and Khumalo who will never ever play a Spurs game again.

Depending on who we get in, we may even see some Premier League loans to the likes of Tom Carroll and Jake Livermore perhaps. I think a loan for Tom Carroll would be outstanding, we've seen what loans have done to Caulker and Townsend, gives them confidence and playing time at the top level that we weren't ready to give them, Caulker come back a better player with 30+ Premier League games under his belt and Townsend looks to be flourishing with game time at QPR.

Friedel is here for one more year. We also gain absolutely nothing from loaning Ade, which potentially nullifies the City paying half his wages arrangement too.

For me the only departures will be: Gomes, Bentley, Khumalo and Gallas. Parker maybe (if we're going to use Holtby as a DM option) and Hudd maybe (depending on a CM incoming) are possibilities.

I actually think we'll have quiet summer, with those 4-6 departures and only 2-3 incomings (2 big players and a kid).

Back