• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

I think Lukaku is a much better all round player than Benteke. Which is quite scary considering he is 3 years younger.

I wouldn't say the first two are technically limited, just past it. Walters fair enough. I just don't see why if you're black and physically gifted, you're immediately labelled as being poor technically and someone who should play for Stoke.

You were the one who started about him being black. Jelavic, Graham, Carroll, all physical, but technically limited players who are white and would fit in at Stoke.

I didn't think much of Benteke when the season started. Even though my opinion of him has grown I still wouldn't want us to go for him. Not good enough for us at the moment.

[video=youtube;tG70GySV_Xc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=tG70GySV_Xc&NR=1[/video]

This is the guy I want. Not the best video, just got the first I could find, if you want to see more either watch a Vittese game whenever they play at the weekend or just go through other videos. One of the strongest footballers on and off the ball I have ever seen, he's quick, absolutely deadly and knows where the back of the net is. I guarantee he would get 15+ league goals in his first year at the club and only build on from it.

So who is?

I don't know, because I don't watch much football outside Tottenham and the PL. What I have seen of Benteke has been far from impressive. I notice he has scored a few goals recently, but I haven't seen a game involving him in a few weeks.

It's difficult to get a good read of Benteke as Villa has hardly been the best team with which to shine this season. I've admittedly only seen him play a half dozen or so times but he's not really stood out for me, sure he's got a good return but look at the teams those have been against a vast majority against teams in the bottom half of the table although one thing I'll credit him for is his ability to score away from home. I'd still question whether he has the all round quality in his game to play for a team at the top of the league also he would not come cheap either probably costing upward of £15m.

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Swansea 1
Aston Villa 1 - 1 Norwich 1
Aston Villa 1 - 0 Reading 1
Norwich 1 - 4 Aston Villa 1
Liverpool 1 - 3 Aston Villa 2
Swansea 2 - 2 Aston Villa 1
West Brom 2 - 2 Aston Villa 1
Aston Villa 1 - 2 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1
Everton 3 - 3 Aston Villa 2
Aston Villa 2 - 1 West Ham 1
Reading 1 - 2 Aston Villa 1
Aston Villa 3 - 2 QPR 1
Aston Villa 1 - 2 Liverpool 1
Stoke 1 - 3 Aston Villa 1

Last edited:
[video=youtube;tG70GySV_Xc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=tG70GySV_Xc&NR=1[/video]

This is the guy I want. Not the best video, just got the first I could find, if you want to see more either watch a Vittese game whenever they play at the weekend or just go through other videos. One of the strongest footballers on and off the ball I have ever seen, he's quick, absolutely deadly and knows where the back of the net is. I guarantee he would get 15+ league goals in his first year at the club and only build on from it.

I'm a little confused, in the video there are a couple of occasions where he appears to head the ball when it is played forward or across by a team-mate - this seems unusual behaviour?

First time I have seen this guy and he just reminds me so much of Yakubu... Style of finishing, the way that he runs.. Doesn't look the fastest but outruns players. Calm finishing & good in the air, fair share of lucky bounces as well.. Very strong and uses his backside to move players away from the ball..

First time I have seen this guy and he just reminds me so much of Yakubu... Style of finishing, the way that he runs.. Doesn't look the fastest but outruns players. Calm finishing & good in the air, fair share of lucky bounces as well.. Very strong and uses his backside to move players away from the ball..

Yep, reminds me of Yakubu too. I think he can be better though, Yakubu was always a big looking guy, the whole "FEED THE YAK" thing. Wilfried is built like a brick brick house. Yakubu was actually one of my favourite non-Spurs footballers, thought he was so cool and composed and an outstanding finisher.

Mourinho and Falcao apparently done for Chelsea
Lewandowski and Gotze apparently done for Bayern
Ancelotti to Real Madrid?
Cavani to PSG.

good for all the big transfers to be done early. then the smaller clubs can scrap it out for the rest with similar budgets. hoping for Emirates Marketing Project and chelsea to make their big moves soon. didn't arsenal also say they have prepared a warchest for this summer ?

I wouldn't say the first two are technically limited, just past it. Walters fair enough. I just don't see why if you're black and physically gifted, you're immediately labelled as being poor technically and someone who should play for Stoke.

The only one making that particular stereotype and jumping to conclusions is you.

I have a feeling that AVB knows exactly which players he wants and I think his biggest strength is pinpointing the right players for his system. He wasn't totally trusted by Levy last summer but I think he will be this summer. People forget that AVB's experience in football was as opposition scout which means he watched a brickload of players and detailed all of them week in, week out. He knows how to spot the right players.

I have a feeling that AVB knows exactly which players he wants and I think his biggest strength is pinpointing the right players for his system. He wasn't totally trusted by Levy last summer but I think he will be this summer. People forget that AVB's experience in football was as opposition scout which means he watched a brickload of players and detailed all of them week in, week out. He knows how to spot the right players.

Hope so, we have a good side, biggest challenge will be can we convince the right players to come to us.

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

YOU may have been waiting, but both Crouch and Adebayor are direct replacements for the position Berbatov played. You could even consider Pav, we certainly didn't pay that kind of money with the intention that he would be a bench warmer.
I never said we didn't buy strikers - however - there's been very little in terms of quality, other than bloating our wage bill with average players. If you consider Pav and Crouch Berbatov's replacement - well each to their own I guess. As I said elsewhere last week - I rather have one Moutinho than 3 Demspey who probably cost more in terms of wages.

How could we do that if we're skint? Cash flow means we won't have all the money available during the transfer windows, but we don't spend more than we can cope with. Apart from one cash injection by ENIC, which has been eaten up by the training ground and stadium projects, we only spend money the club generates.

The skint comment was t-i-c on the continuous myth being propagated around our apparent financial 'indifference' - I simply made reference to the fact we've spent much more than what we've made in the last 6-7 windows so neither you nor I know the full story - so for you to come out and conclusively state how we can only spend a little bit of what we make (which seems to be debt lately anyway) is simply incorrect, imv

Last edited:
Wilfried Bony.
Jackson Martinez.
Pierre Aubeymeyang.
Mirko Vucinic.
Alvaro Negredo.

are personally names I think would suit us better than Benteke would. I think Benteke is actually younger than all of them though.

Potential gambles on Philipp Hosiner or Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Negredo would be a good signing.

Surprised to hear you say Vucinic. Think he's simply ok. Juve have class all over the pitch except up front.

Must admit, haven't seen much of the other names.

Back