• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

This is all pointing towards one thing. THE STRIKER DOSSIER. Would be interesting to see that original thread again, to see who we had all identified. In all honesty I think Ade featured in a lot of people's top 5.

Dembele, Sig, Dempsey, Fryers, Ade

i think it's safe to write two of those off as 'potential'

Dempsey, imv - was a last minute bodge job when we failed to finalize our primary target and Adebayor was at the very least an understandable transfer. (at the time the vast majority would have signed him if given the choice)

I'm not really sure what the difference between Benteke and Bent are, btw. Both score prolifically at relegation-fighting clubs. Both are lacking in the close control and intelligence needed to thrive in the very, very limited space that teams allow us. They score a lot because they have decent positioning and physical qualities, but they also have brickloads of space because nobody needs to defend against Villa. (I've actually watched quite a bit of Villa this season, for no reason whatsoever.)

The thing is, we have to be going for strikers like Suarez (minus the lunacy). They are higher-end, more expensive, but they are worth it. That quality of movement and first touch is insanely important for a club that wants top four - you can't just translate goals scored at this level, it's about the qualitative things. Dempsey was the third-highest scorer last season ffs :lol: and Siggy was going one in two for Swansea.

I'm not really sure what the difference between Benteke and Bent are, btw. Both score prolifically at relegation-fighting clubs. Both are lacking in the close control and intelligence needed to thrive in the very, very limited space that teams allow us. They score a lot because they have decent positioning and physical qualities, but they also have brickloads of space because nobody needs to defend against Villa. (I've actually watched quite a bit of Villa this season, for no reason whatsoever.)

The thing is, we have to be going for strikers like Suarez (minus the lunacy). They are higher-end, more expensive, but they are worth it. That quality of movement and first touch is insanely important for a club that wants top four - you can't just translate goals scored at this level, it's about the qualitative things. Dempsey was the third-highest scorer last season ffs :lol: and Siggy was going one in two for Swansea.

Not sure if you're being serious. Benteke is fantastic in the air and is a far better footballer than Darren Bent.

i think it's safe to write two of those off as 'potential'

Dempsey, imv - was a last minute bodge job when we failed to finalize our primary target and Adebayor was at the very least an understandable transfer. (at the time the vast majority would have signed him if given the choice)

I was simply responding on the question of 'origin'

I get it Billy - all is well, we're peachy and dandy in all aeras and Levy is the best chairman in the world and can never be questioned by the peasants

If only the fans could see what AVB is doing. Strikers scoring goals is so 2012. He has revolutionised the game. The goals getters are Bale, and to a much lesser extent Dempsey, Siggy, Lennon (and Vertonghen).

Actually Torres started that years ago...

I get it Billy - all is well, we're peachy and dandy in all eras and Levy is the best chairman in the world and can never be questioned

Origin isn't really relevant though, is it?

If the players are good enough and decently priced why would you care where they are from?

Levy is a businessman, he will get the money in. The only one I trust is Bale.

...............Just like he did with Modric when Chelsea were all over him like a rash?

Levy is, as you say, a businessman. A very shrewd one at that. And he knows that the best way to grow the club (and therefore his investment) is for it to be successful on the pitch. Success is what drives every revenue stream. So Levy will want to hold on to Bale for as long as he can.

He will only sell when he has no other choice. And, even then, he will only do so if offered way over the odds - as he was for Carrick, Berbatov and Modric.

17 goals is above average return, imv. 20-25 is where we should be aiming for else why bother

so then, you would be understanding, say, if our primary target was proving elusive/hard to get or the selling club were playing way too hard to get in January we decided to wait it out till the summer and reassess the situation and go for real talent/potential as opposed to spunking 10 mil up the wall on a stop gap?

That wasn't the point.

The point was that Spurs can be trusted to spend big money on new players without wasting it.

That's not to say that all our signings will be successful. But, over the past 8-9 years since we adopted our current buying strategy, we have got it right far more than we have got it wrong. And that's why we have made such good progress in that time.

We're doing better but we did buy Bentley, bent... Hutton for 9m!!! There is also a big list of bad buys.

Not sure if you're being serious. Benteke is fantastic in the air and is a far better footballer than Darren Bent.

we don't know what Benteke is yet, the number of strikers who have had seasons like this then disappeared to the lower leagues is myriad

he certainly shows tremendous potential

I get it Billy - all is well, we're peachy and dandy in all aeras and Levy is the best chairman in the world and can never be questioned by the peasants

It's just a discussion mate, no need to get so dramatic! You wouldn't do so well in one of those american debate teams :lol:

i don't really see the need for that kind of response.

it's a message board - you post your opinion and others will challenge your view, why else bother?

we don't know what Benteke is yet, the number of strikers who have had seasons like this then disappeared to the lower leagues is myriad

he certainly shows tremendous potential

Well, we know he's a better footballer than Bent for a start. That should be obvious.

Damiao set to sign for Napoli for 16mill according to various reports. If true think it pretty much proves we won't be spending big on a forward in the summer and levy will be buying his targets as opposed to avbs. Oh well benteke anyone?

I don't know why anyone would prefer Damiao to Benteke anyway.

Back