• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

I don't agree with some of the criticism Gomez gets (though he's a bit of a weird player, he apparently touched the ball 5 times yesterday) but there is little comparison in my mind to Lewdandowski. AN outstanding player.

I don't agree with some of the criticism Gomez gets (though he's a bit of a weird player, he apparently touched the ball 5 times yesterday) but there is little comparison in my mind to Lewdandowski. AN outstanding player.

A lot of the Gomez hate comes from the fact he didn't score this mythical hat-trick against Chelsea last May, along with having seen some random highlights / odd CL game

Much like Ibrahimovic (superb player)

Both a very different players, imv

Steve Archibald ‏@SteveArchibald8 3m
Just a note of interest for Spurs fans, I offered Robert lewandowski to Spurs when he was stll playing in Poland, for less than 5m, pity !

:'(

I don't know if this is utter flimflam but regardless...it kind of shows the whole what strikers could we possibly buy argument to be utter codswallop.

I'm sure very few of us would have mentioned Lewandowski if asked who we wanted to buy in 2010 because we're not football scouts. It isn't our job to be able to find players like this but our scouts should be able to. They're out there.

Anyway, absolute masterclass from Dortmund. Love watching them play and love Klopp. Really hope they win it.

Cheeky shout out to Lloris there from Gary Neville.

A lot of the Gomez hate comes from the fact he didn't score this mythical hat-trick against Chelsea last May, along with having seen some random highlights / odd CL game

I guess the problem with Gomez is that half the time when you're watching Bayern, you don't even realise he's playing. And for someone who scores so many, he seems to miss a lot of chances.

However, while Gomez has a slightly better scoring rate in German football, he's also a much worse all round player for me.

I don't know if this is utter flimflam but regardless...it kind of shows the whole what strikers could we possibly buy argument to be utter codswallop.

I'm sure very few of us would have mentioned Lewandowski if asked who we wanted to buy in 2010 because we're not football scouts. It isn't our job to be able to find players like this but our scouts should be able to. They're out there.

I hope the Levy / transfer policy apologists are reading this

Much like Ibrahimovic (superb player)

i wouldn't call it hate, my opinion of him is based on his international performances, particularly his first Euro's

i wouldn't put him on the same level as Ibra either, who for me is genuinely one of the best in the world

The important point is....Ibra, Lewandowski, Gomez?

Screw that, its all about Crouch. ;)

I hope the Levy / transfer policy apologists are reading this

Oh my, they didn't take a chance on a relatively unknown striker in 2010 when we already had Crouch, Defoe, Keane, Pav and later added VDV. Sack them all!

i wouldn't call it hate, my opinion of him is based on his international performances, particularly his first Euro's

i wouldn't put him on the same level as Ibra either, who for me is genuinely one of the best in the world

1 scored a 40yard overhead volley. I have yet to see the other score a, an overhead volley and b from 40yards

Oh my, they didn't take a chance on a relatively unknown striker in 2010 when we already had Crouch, Defoe, Keane, Pav and later added VDV. Sack them all!

Yawn

Yes, because Pav and Crouch were exactly the quality long term prospects we were in need of

Spin another one, pelase

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 5m

Kolo Toure has confirmed he will leave Emirates Marketing Project at the end of the season, but he wants to stay in England.

He would have been on Harry's list for sure. Shame he'll be in the Championship.

Yep. Think that CB is the last position we'll be spending cash on

With respect, mate - that was 5 years ago and he was very good in Poland / Ukraine last year

Each to their own, I guess

The point wasn't Lewandowski specifically but more the specific argument that there are simply no strikers out there at all that we could possibly hope to pick up. Its an impossibility, without spending 30 million. Who moved this window that we could have bought is always the question asked whenever someone complains about our striker policy?

Its a rubbish question.

Anyway, fully deserved victory. Hope both the Germans get through an Dortmund smash Bayern.

Actually, our transfer policy in the recent past has been to pick up youngish players who have the potential to become hugely better. In every position on the pitch we've done this. I don't see why we don't do this upfront and why we should have been happy with 4 relatively average strikers tbh, certainly to the extent we didn't feel the need to add a young striker to the squad.

Last edited:

The point wasn't Lewandowski specifically but more the specific argument that there are simply no strikers out there at all that we could possibly hope to pick up. Its an impossibility, without spending 30 million. Who moved this window that we could have bought is always the question asked whenever someone complains about our striker policy?

Its a rubbish question.

Anyway, fully deserved victory. Hope both the Germans get through an Dortmund smash Bayern.

There are strikers, but picking your Lewandoski's out of all the young players around isn't exactly easy.

The ones that are obviously talented have usually been picked up already and have huge price tags.

Its a rubbish question.

For every Lewandowski there are literally a 100 other punts that didn't work out. Hindsight critics are just being stupid, why didn't SAF buy Lewandowski? because sometimes it's actually safer to pay more for a proven product.

Steve Archibald ‏@SteveArchibald8 3m
Just a note of interest for Spurs fans, I offered Robert lewandowski to Spurs when he was stll playing in Poland, for less than 5m, pity !

:'(

Lol, I like this reply -

Daniel Levy ‏@DanLevyTHFC 21m
@SteveArchibald8 I'll give you 4m now, payable over 7 years plus Dos Santos and Bentley

There are strikers, but picking your Lewandoski's out of all the young players around isn't exactly easy.

If we had signed an unknown Polish striker half our fans would have dubbed him a new Rasiak without even waiting to see him play. He wouldn't have been given a chance with us anyway with Redknapp's love childs Crouch and Defoe in his way.

Back