• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Latest from Duncan Castles

http://www.oneworldsports.com/son-future-cloudy/

Son won’t be a Spur, future cloudy after this season

Tottenham Hotspur have ended their interest in adding South Korea international Son Heung-Min to their squad for next season. Though the Premier League side rate the young forward highly, they have concluded that Son is not ideally adapted to their tactical system and will now concentrate transfer resources elsewhere.

Son is in his fifth season at Hamburg, having dropped out of school in Korea as a teenager to join the Bundesliga club’s youth ranks. He made his professional debut in 2010 and has scored 11 in 29 league appearances so far this season, playing all across the forward line.

Son’s value to Hamburg lies not only in his status as their joint leading scorer, but also his popularity in Asia. In common with other South Korea and Japan internationals the 20-year-old generates significant commercial revenue – in Son’s case understood to reach several million Euros a year – and the German club does not intend to allow him to leave cheaply.
 The player’s contract expires at the end of next season, and though Hamburg have offered improved terms, Son has delayed committing himself to an extended stay. “That [a new deal] would be a possibility. I feel very comfortable with life in Hamburg,” Son said recently. “I still have a contract until 2014. We will talk about it when the time has come. We shouldn’t worry it about it now.”

Having monitored Son’s progress in the German game, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas initially considered a summer bid. During their pursuit of Champions League qualification, though, Tottenham have switched their default system from 4–2–3–1 toward a dual-striker system less suited to Son’s characteristics.

Two points behind third-placed Arsenal with a Premier League fixture in hand following Sunday’s impressive 3–1 defeat of Emirates Marketing Project, Tottenham’s summer transfer budget is dependent on recapturing Champions League status and the club’s ability to secure a more lucrative shirt sponsorship deal. Villas-Boas has drafted a long list of potential new recruits, but contrary to recent reports, has not included FC Porto winger Christian Atsu on it.

Our tactical choices at the moment comes from the players available to AVB right now. I don't see how that has much of an influence on targets for next season. We will probably work towards a favoured formation, with options to change things around, but we don't know right now what that will be. I don't think even will know for sure until he knows the squad he has at his disposal.

Some papers are saying Eriksen is City bound because he has said he would like to go to PSG or City to make more money further his career.

Latest from Duncan Castles

Tottenham Hotspur have ended their interest in adding South Korea international Son Heung-Min to their squad for next season. Though the Premier League side rate the young forward highly, they have concluded that Son is not ideally adapted to their tactical system and will now concentrate transfer resources elsewhere.

Having monitored Son’s progress in the German game, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas initially considered a summer bid. During their pursuit of Champions League qualification, though, Tottenham have switched their default system from 4–2–3–1 toward a dual-striker system less suited to Son’s characteristics.

I forget, who is this Duncan Castles again? Is he in the know, or does he just make up things from what he sees? He writes like he's been informed about our strategy, but I fear he's just speculating.
The way i see it AVB is a 433 man who only went 4231 because it was what he had the players for. Was always meant for a short time, and not what we'd base our transfer strategy upon.
Gareth Bale in a free role behind a lone striker will limit us, it makes Bale a star, but we won't win the league or be in the Champions League semis with such set up.
We might already have caught a glimpse of how AVB want us to play, with how we finished the City game recently. If AVB get his way I'm fairly sure we'll start 13/14 in a 433 with two new players beside Bale in the attack.

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

lewandowski is class. better than Gomez 100 times over....offers so much more than the big german bent

lewandowski is class. better than Gomez 100 times over....offers so much more than the big german bent

not in the same stationery shop, let alone the same envelope

as delighted as they are with him now they have to be heart broken to be losing him

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 53s
Almost two-years to the day I was reporting how Lewandowski was due to meet with Sam Allardyce's Blackburn.

:lol:

Dude come on, Gomez is not even in the same class

Gomez scored a hat-trick in 7 minutes or something last week - then again it wasn't shown through the mass overhype CL channel

Stats wise he ia superior to Robert last few seasons (he was injured mostly this one)

Back