• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

There's no way we could afford Coentrao and I don't think we're good enough defensively to have a lb who is as aggressive in attack as Coentrao.

Shaw's been good every time I've seen him but at his age, is he good enough to play a whole season there as 1st choice? He's also a Chelsea fan. 8-[

It looks like QPR will go down.

I think we MUST go for Remy. I know I said I like players to prove it in the league after two seasons not just one and certainly not after half a season but I imagine he will cost around 8m and im sure he has a clause in his contract.

Our strikeforce needs an overhaul and I think we need two strikers although at the very least one. Remy and Leandro? Wouldnt be too bad.

Are we ever going to get off the Leandro band wagon? He is very much over hyped and the deal is never going to happen.

Im pretty sure the majority of Spurs fans who say we should sign him have never actually seen him play.

Are we ever going to get off the Leandro band wagon? He is very much over hyped and the deal is never going to happen.

Im pretty sure the majority of Spurs fans who say we should sign him have never actually seen him play.

True and true.

I hope we stop wasting time on Leandro. The chances of finishing this deal seem to be almost nil. Inter don't want to sell, the 3rd parties seem exceedingly difficult to deal with and the player himself doesn't seem to care too much about leaving.

I'll be rather upset if we spend another window trying to get him only to end up settling for our 2nd choice near the end.

I want us to be aggressive this window with our striker purchases and be done with it as early as possible to allow them some time to get used to the squad.

I think we MUST go for Remy. I know I said I like players to prove it in the league after two seasons not just one and certainly not after half a season but I imagine he will cost around 8m and im sure he has a clause in his contract.

Our strikeforce needs an overhaul and I think we need two strikers although at the very least one. Remy and Leandro? Wouldnt be too bad.

Cant wait til people give up on Leandro. Its like a spotty 14 year old lusting after the pretty girl in his class - 100% embarrassing

Agree that we need 2 forwards this summer, particularly if we're going 4-3-3. Based on our usual price range, I'd expect something like Remy and Benteke and then to see us going into next season with the following 6 to cover our 3 forwards positions: Defoe, Benteke, Bale, Lennon, Remy and Townsend

Might seem quite a lot but if we're going to play 50-60 games I think you need 2 players per position. It also means that, unlike this year, we can have options on the bench with 3 of those 6 starting, 2 on the bench and 1 having the game off.

I'm assuming we sell Ade and Dempsey; think Ade is nailed on to leave though am less convinced that Dempsey will be shipped out despite his average-ness

I would not mind Luke Shaw.

I would like to nominate this post for the "least controversial post of the year award" :) 17 year old English left back, playing a position we've been rumoured to want to strengthen, proved himself good enough to start in the Premiership, seems to have a great future in the game. Wouldn't mind ;)

No "must" about it imo. He should be one of several player we look into, I'm not convinced that he's better than Defoe though and I would like us to buy strikers that are either clearly better than what we currently have or young enough so that they can develop into clearly better players.

I would like to nominate this post for the "least controversial post of the year award" :) 17 year old English left back, playing a position we've been rumoured to want to strengthen, proved himself good enough to start in the Premiership, seems to have a great future in the game. Wouldn't mind ;)

No "must" about it imo. He should be one of several player we look into, I'm not convinced that he's better than Defoe though and I would like us to buy strikers that are either clearly better than what we currently have or young enough so that they can develop into clearly better players.

I say "Must" because how I view it is he would be relatively cheap, in the grand scheme of things (assumption though) and he does appear to be a very good player. He isnt much much better than Defoe but I think Remy could play on the right too... so two for one as it were especially where Lennon may not be fit.

I say "Must" because how I view it is he would be relatively cheap, in the grand scheme of things (assumption though) and he does appear to be a very good player. He isnt much much better than Defoe but I think Remy could play on the right too... so two for one as it were especially where Lennon may not be fit.

What does Remy offer that Dempsey doesn't?

Similar players, similar calibre, similar price tag.

Remy being a couple of years younger works in his favour, but then his horrendous injury record more than counters that.

What does Remy offer that Dempsey doesn't?

Similar players, similar calibre, similar price tag.

Remy being a couple of years younger works in his favour, but then his horrendous injury record more than counters that.

Remy is comparable to Defoe but Dempsey and Remy are totally different. One is a striker one is not being the most glaring difference.

I dont know too much about Remy and have only seen him in this league but seems competent from what I have seen. Then again I did say that I dont like to base things on one season let alone half a season but watching Ade today - anything is better

Remy is comparable to Defoe but Dempsey and Remy are totally different. One is a striker one is not being the most glaring difference.

I dont know too much about Remy and have only seen him in this league but seems competent from what I have seen. Then again I did say that I dont like to base things on one season let alone half a season but watching Ade today - anything is better

To me Remy is a direct, ugly player, who can't play with his back to goal but gets into decent positions and hence chips in with a decent goal return. I see him as more Dempsey-like than Defoe because he comes from deep, rather than playing on the shoulder.

Actually the player who Remy is really very much like is Sylvain Wiltord.

Tottenham are keen to sign former Arsenal midfielder Alex Song, 25, who has struggled to get into the team at Barcelona this season.

DAT SOLIDARITY.

I wouldn't call Song a DM. More box-to-box, was Arsenals second best player last year by a country mile and there most creative midfielder. Sandro sits, doesn't even go into the opposition half unless we push up to half way.

Back