• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Wrong thread mate and everyone on the forum has already heard what you think about the situation multiple times. My comment wasn't a prompt for you to repeat yourself yet again, it was quite the opposite.

Oh so you can have a dig at posters but they’re not allowed to respond? Cool. We’ve heard your opinions about various subjects many times but that doesn’t stop you repeating yourself, what makes you so special that you can do it but no one else can?

Bar the second half today we've been playing better and scoring more with Werner than with Son.

I don’t think that’s anything to do with Werner personally. I’d say it’s more down to Johnson’s purple patch in front of goal, Kulu being moved to the centre and Solanke’s link up play. We scored 4 against Everton and 3 against Brentford. So we’re not struggling with or without Son or Werner in that regard.

Today feels like our collapse against West Ham under Mourinho. It’s as if we don’t know how to dig deep and turn it around, play dirty if needed, and hold the game. We just flip and fall over and then that’s it. I think we are lacking true leaders in the team. We have a lot of talent and can play beautiful football, but we melt under the slightest threat and we have very little resistance when the going gets tough.

Today feels like our collapse against West Ham under Mourinho. It’s as if we don’t know how to dig deep and turn it around, play dirty if needed, and hold the game. We just flip and fall over and then that’s it. I think we are lacking true leaders in the team. We have a lot of talent and can play beautiful football, but we melt under the slightest threat and we have very little resistance when the going gets tough.

We’re the total opposite of a mean, hard to play against defence. One of the first things Arry did was make us more sound and solid at the back. We’re far too open and soft at the back.

I don't understand how you think a manager can escape blame when he doesn't make changes until we have shipped 3 goals and squandered a 2 goal lead. We have plenty of good options on the bench, not doing anything is alarming.

Edit : the players on the pitch deserve their share of the blame but we could all see the game had turned after the first goal, the manager is the man best placed to try and bring the game back in our favour
Certainly a dose of poor game management from both, our players on the field, and the manager today.

I was hoping the 'being rocked by an opponent scoring' was something we were getting better at. Today suggested not. Even Anges brain was rocked by it.

Senior players need to step up in said situations and that lot down the road show us most weeks how to stop momentum, break the rhythm, take the steam out of any moment/situation. You can't just 'let things happen' ...you'll pay the price in this league.

Amazing the contrast of two halves.

Here we go. Blame Ange for the players messing up routine one on ones and refusing to compete. I will call him out when I think he should be called out but today's result was on the players. Disgusting.
So by that same token Ange gets no credit for the play in the first half right? Clearly you don't think the manager has any effect upon how the players compete. So in the first half when we completed it must have been purely down to the players just as the 2nd half was right?

We’re the total opposite of a mean, hard to play against defence. One of the first things Arry did was make us more sound and solid at the back. We’re far too open and soft at the back.

We need to foster the mentality of us against them. Have us fight for every ball, chase every cause until it can no longer be chased. And have the team know that we have to earn the right to play the good football. That we can’t always have it our way, that not every minute is like that but when our backs are against the wall we stand firm and we fight.

We need to foster the mentality of us against them. Have us fight for every ball, chase every cause until it can no longer be chased. And have the team know that we have to earn the right to play the good football. That we can’t always have it our way, that not every minute is like that but when our backs are against the wall we stand firm and we fight.
Need more competition for the places in defence

And to make changes when needed. There has to be an underlaying reason for the collapse and it needs to be stopped now. At half time I thought that those wanting Ange out would see just how good we could be. At full time I realised just how much more work is needed.

Van de Ven has no competition, and he knows it. So he'll play as many games as possible. Ditto Vicario.

But I would hope we bench Romero and start Dragusin for a few games, on his favored right side. Ditto Spence over Udogie. But Postecoglou does seem to have his 'favorites/untouchables', and those guys seem to be in that group along with Maddison and a few others.

And to make changes when needed. There has to be an underlaying reason for the collapse and it needs to be stopped now. At half time I thought that those wanting Ange out would see just how good we could be. At full time I realised just how much more work is needed.
He needs at least a left back cover who he can start
Spence can do the right side of Ange ever switches it up
That would make a big difference in games like today IMO
We also need that 4th CB and the genuine alternative striker
Then the left side is an issue if son can’t adapt to playing this way
And a number 10 who Ange would play instead of Maddison

Van de Ven has no competition, and he knows it. So he'll play as many games as possible. Ditto Vicario.

But I would hope we bench Romero and start Dragusin for a few games, on his favored right side. Ditto Spence over Udogie. But Postecoglou does seem to have his 'favorites/untouchables', and those guys seem to be in that group along with Maddison and a few others.
See above
I really like Spence
But he is left side emergency cover IMO
Right side he is converting of used correctly
Fully agree VDV has no competition

Ange after the game...

"All these things are totally irrelevant to me, substitutions and all those kind of things."

"If you're not competitive, it doesn't matter what you do, you don't deserve to win, we didn't deserve to win based on our second half performance; irrespective of subs or anything else and I think if you do get something out of the game, then you're falsely rewarded and I don't want to get falsely rewarded"

What a w⚓

So by that same token Ange gets no credit for the play in the first half right? Clearly you don't think the manager has any effect upon how the players compete. So in the first half when we completed it must have been purely down to the players just as the 2nd half was right?
The players played with the right level of competitiveness in the first half. Second half they switched to another mode.

Harry did a really good job for us. Could see that we had the makings of a great attacking team with Bale, Lennon, Modric - they just needed a more solid platform to display their talents consistently. Brought in Palacios straight away to add bite in midfield and added Bassong, Gallas, Corluka etc not long after.

Poch was the same - just built a really solid defensive structure which allowed Eriksen, Kane, Son, and Alli to do their thing without worrying about it all glimg to pot behind them.

Ange after the game...

"All these things are totally irrelevant to me, substitutions and all those kind of things."

"If you're not competitive, it doesn't matter what you do, you don't deserve to win, we didn't deserve to win based on our second half performance; irrespective of subs or anything else and I think if you do get something out of the game, then you're falsely rewarded and I don't want to get falsely rewarded"

What a w⚓
Is this a real quote?

Back