• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

He wont make it at Spurs … I get the exciting football and attacking after the two prior … but this is one dimensional and suicidal. It’s football and only a bit of a laugh I get it … and supporting spurs means you shouldn’t have any ambition whatsoever and just enjoy the ride … not even the best football I’ve seen recently from spurs …. It’s Amateur hour. David farkin moyes would get more out of this team

Here we go. Blame Ange for the players messing up routine one on ones and refusing to compete. I will call him out when I think he should be called out but today's result was on the players. Disgusting.
Say what you like, but he should have subbed if he could see what was going on. Blame the players all you like, but blame the manager for not subbing or coaching things up when required … this happens far too often.

Playing Moore instead of Werner wouldn't have changed any of the issues that we had in the second half.

Not saying it would, but I don’t see the point of starting Werner when he was signed as a backup and his end product isn’t anywhere near what we need. It’s not like we are going to challenge for the league so we have the luxury of giving Moore game time. I don’t think we would be much worse off starting Moore instead of Werner. Kobbie Mainoo has been given plenty of minutes. He’s clearly well thought of to the point where he has been given game time off the bench so why not go one step further and start him?

Not saying it would, but I don’t see the point of starting Werner when he was signed as a backup and his end product isn’t anywhere near what we need. It’s not like we are going to challenge for the league so we have the luxury of giving Moore game time. I don’t think we would be much worse off starting Moore instead of Werner. Kobbie Mainoo has been given plenty of minutes. He’s clearly well thought of to the point where he has been given game time off the bench so why not go one step further and start him?
Mainoo is a couple of years older. Moore should be eased in as is being done now. Let him get more minutes and prove that he really should be starting.

Playing Moore instead of Werner wouldn't have changed any of the issues that we had in the second half.

Werner was actually able to get past players with his pace and get the ball in to dangerous areas, which Moore did not do once (albeit with much less time) - How the pointless targeting of him has seeped in to this thread I have absolutely no fudging idea.

Some posters just get one thing on their mind and will crowbar it in any which way however irrelevant it is, I'm expecting Jurgen to bring it up shortly in the absolute clusterfudge that is the politics thread shortly....

But yep, Ange, a quite incredible contrast between the two halves of football, I still haven't quite processed it - Looked the same for Ange at full time as well tbf!

Here we go. Blame Ange for the players messing up routine one on ones and refusing to compete. I will call him out when I think he should be called out but today's result was on the players. Disgusting.

But we should never be defending one on one, it’s up to him to put in a system that gives us some cover/safety back there.

It’s his decision to play in such a reckless manner.

I don't understand how you think a manager can escape blame when he doesn't make changes until we have shipped 3 goals and squandered a 2 goal lead. We have plenty of good options on the bench, not doing anything is alarming.

Edit : the players on the pitch deserve their share of the blame but we could all see the game had turned after the first goal, the manager is the man best placed to try and bring the game back in our favour

Last edited:
Players have to take ownership.

Changes to personnel doesn't help if 7 players v 4 let a player waltz through for the 2nd goal.

Changes don't mean the LB (who was good till that moment) slice it into their strikers path.

Easy to blame Ange, that rhetoric is out there now for people to slam home. But I've seen tonight's Spurs too many times in the last 20 years, players need to take ownership
I find it amazing in each decade we at some point continue to have a soft underbelly........it really perturb me

I don't understand how you think a manager can escape blame when he doesn't make changes until we have shipped 3 goals and squandered a 2 goal lead. We have plenty of good options on the bench, not doing anything is alarming.

Edit : the players on the pitch deserve their share of the blame but we could all see the game had turned after the first goal, the manager is the man best placed to try and bring the game back in our favour
2‐1, let's see how the players react.
2-2, there's your answer, time to sort this brick out.

Who would you start in the next game if Odobert is back? Would you still stick with Werner?
Yes. Werner did fine today. The issues are elsewhere. If Odobert or Moore stand out in a cup game or coming on as sub then I'd like to see them given a full game. Until that happens I'd rather play Werner as he gives a good balance to the team.

I do find it concerning that Ange can't see or can't admit that he needed to make subs and failed - saying it was because we didn't compete, well yes, that's true as far as it goes but if the team are struggling, the manager needs to step in and make substitutions............we've all seen this so many times before, the 3-5 at home to United, the loss against City when they were down to 10. Ange is going nowhere this season, sadly the best we can hope for is more performances like last week, sprinkled with more like this.

Werner was actually able to get past players with his pace and get the ball in to dangerous areas, which Moore did not do once (albeit with much less time) - How the pointless targeting of him has seeped in to this thread I have absolutely no fudging idea.

Some posters just get one thing on their mind and will crowbar it in any which way however irrelevant it is, I'm expecting Jurgen to bring it up shortly in the absolute clusterfudge that is the politics thread shortly....

But yep, Ange, a quite incredible contrast between the two halves of football, I still haven't quite processed it - Looked the same for Ange at full time as well tbf!

Werner doesn’t have any trouble get past people, it’s just when it comes to actually delivering the final ball and scoring goals which always lets him down which is sort of essential as a forward/winger. If people are content with his complete lack of end product then fair play. I just expect a bit more from a forward. Look at Brennan Johnson, he is delivering more in terms of goals to the point where we were surprised when he missed the other chance he had. Is anyone genuinely surprised when Werner goes through on goals and misses?

As for me “crowbarring” Werner into the thread, well given this is the Ange thread and he is the manager who is in charge of picking the right players, formation etc then it’s something I expect him to address. If everyone is happy for Werner to work hard and deliver naff all at the business end of the pitch then that’s fine that’s their choice, but most of those posters will be the first ones to complain when we don’t win anything for the umpteenth time and miss out on the top 4. That is now all down to Werner but you don’t improve if you settle.

Yes. Werner did fine today. The issues are elsewhere. If Odobert or Moore stand out in a cup game or coming on as sub then I'd like to see them given a full game. Until that happens I'd rather play Werner as he gives a good balance to the team.

But what’s the point of him “giving balance” if he’s completely incapable of picking out a pass in the final third or scoring a one on one? Clearly he’s not the cause of all of our problems, but if people genuinely think he’s the answer on the left just because he happens to be there when the team scores goals then all I can do is disagree. Son was also part of a team that scored plenty of goals too btw, but everyone thinks he’s not cut out for this system. Either Son is also a part of the unit that scores goals or it’s not down to either Son or Werner and neither of them are the answer.

But what’s the point of him “giving balance” if he’s completely incapable of picking out a pass in the final third or scoring a one on one? Clearly he’s not the cause of all of our problems, but if people genuinely think he’s the answer on the left just because he happens to be there when the team scores goals then all I can do is disagree. Son was also part of a team that scored plenty of goals too btw, but everyone thinks he’s not cut out for this system. Either Son is also a part of the unit that scores goals or it’s not down to either Son or Werner and neither of them are the answer.
Bar the second half today we've been playing better and scoring more with Werner than with Son.

Werner doesn’t have any trouble get past people, it’s just when it comes to actually delivering the final ball and scoring goals which always lets him down which is sort of essential as a forward/winger. If people are content with his complete lack of end product then fair play. I just expect a bit more from a forward. Look at Brennan Johnson, he is delivering more in terms of goals to the point where we were surprised when he missed the other chance he had. Is anyone genuinely surprised when Werner goes through on goals and misses?

As for me “crowbarring” Werner into the thread, well given this is the Ange thread and he is the manager who is in charge of picking the right players, formation etc then it’s something I expect him to address. If everyone is happy for Werner to work hard and deliver naff all at the business end of the pitch then that’s fine that’s their choice, but most of those posters will be the first ones to complain when we don’t win anything for the umpteenth time and miss out on the top 4. That is now all down to Werner but you don’t improve if you settle.

Wrong thread mate and everyone on the forum has already heard what you think about the situation multiple times. My comment wasn't a prompt for you to repeat yourself yet again, it was quite the opposite.

Back