• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Poch did well at chelsea in the end. The club is a mess. He wasn't sacked for results on the pitch. At least he shouldn't have been.
I am delighted that Pochettino and Chelsea parted ways. It looked to me as though their team was starting to become a rather good one. Now they will have to start over again with a manager who will likely have different methods (though I don't know how close a fit their new manager is stylistically compared to Poch).

I'm not sure mentioning how much Chelsea's squad cost has any relevance when they are ridiculously over spending on any player they can get their hands - that doesn't signify how good the players at Pochs disposal actually were. Also there were players bought that Poch didn't want and this built up to why he left.

It was both Poch and Anges first season and they both had promising debut seasons for their new clubs . But had Ange got us to a cup final, a semi final and finish 6th 3 points behind Chelsea I guarantee you'd be arguing we had a better season than Chelsea....
Especially if it with a really poor first half to the season and then a really good second half where our form was behind only Emirates Marketing Project and Woolwich's

Last edited:
Especially if it with a really poor first half to the season and then a really good second half where their form was behind only Emirates Marketing Project and Woolwich's
Doesn’t that show that they didn’t get their prep right then…
And if end of season form is the judge palace will win the title next season
It’s why we play a season

Doesn’t that show that they didn’t get their prep right then…
And if end of season form is the judge palace will win the title next season
It’s why we play a season
I think it shows a team that improved as they got more used to the way that the manager wanted them to play.

The new manager at Palace did really well. I suspect they'll do better overall next season this they did this season provided they keep/keep fit their main players

I think it shows a team that improved as they got more used to the way that the manager wanted them to play.

The new manager at Palace did really well. I suspect they'll do better overall next season this they did this season provided they keep/keep fit their main players
Could also mean they maybe played weaker teams in fixtures, the coach adapted… players were fitter.. so many variables

We know city always finish the season well. It’s a way and a plan almost. I don’t think others do it intentionally

I do also think Chelsea were dumb sacking Poch but I think he also made it happen because the club weren’t doing what he wanted wanted. Poch is great coach with young players and that’s what they need. But they make their bed as a club in strange ways

Last edited:
I am delighted that Pochettino and Chelsea parted ways. It looked to me as though their team was starting to become a rather good one. Now they will have to start over again with a manager who will likely have different methods (though I don't know how close a fit their new manager is stylistically compared to Poch).

Yeah seemed a really odd decision as they were starting to look a difficult team to play against. Shocking that we lost 6 potential points when they were either completely gash or in a worse injury crisis than we had later on in the season. But to have a young squad getting better as the season progresses to then choose to press the reset button as soon as things were looking up is super bizarre.

They should have won the final and losing it to that Liverpool team that were pretty much decimated confirms my belief that he's not a manager to bridge that gap of being quite good to actually being a top level team. One league title at PSG doesn't write off the sheet amount of wasted opportunities when in a strong position to win something.

If he had done well at his jobs post Spurs than he'd be out of our reach and as he has done a mediocre job at every club in my head it shows he is / wasn't at the level we needed and as such were right to move on. Wouldn't make any sense to go back in for him if something went wrong with Ange this summer for example.

You also have money from just participating. Then each round. Winning the europa gets you in the cl.

Uefa fudged european football with the cl. They should have given half the tv money to the federations to split amoungst the clubs.

Also it's all changed from next season. New format. New prize money. More games.

This is very true. Agreed that the CL has ruined both the competitiveness of European football and their own second/third-tier competitions.

This can't be anything else than a perception thing.....what has changed?

The level of the teams are as they were.
Teams dropping out are taking it serious and it’s and fine title winning sides in it
Who has just got the Europa final? The team that won the Bundesliga
Pool was in it who could have won the league both those side could have got CL last 8
Atlanta who did win it always we well in the CL
it’s a better standard but it won’t be going forward

The Europa is finally getting to a decent level now IMO
Helps Italian clubs started taking it serious and Seville of course
True, but I think that's more to do with what @Chrissivad pointed out - it's because there's a CL place on offer that teams are taking it more seriously in the last 8, as well as coefficients, etc.

It's still linked to the CL, which to me is a patchwork solution imo.

True, but I think that's more to do with what @Chrissivad pointed out - it's because there's a CL place on offer that teams are taking it more seriously in the last 8, as well as coefficients, etc.

It's still linked to the CL, which to me is a patchwork solution imo.
Can’t argue with that but at least it builds it up

This can't be anything else than a perception thing.....what has changed?

The level of the teams are as they were.
Non English teams always took it seriously. Even the English teams who would usually qualify for the CL took it seriously when they were in it ie. Chelsea and Manchester United. It's probably us, Arsenal and Liverpool to a lesser extent who never gave it any gravitas.

Last edited:
Back