• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

I'm not being critical of Tommysvr, just the validity of the content, we all hear things from people who we believe are reliable but the stories either don't happen or were fantasy. I remember posting on here that I had been told by one of the Charlton youth coaches that Lookman was going to join Spurs but it never happened but he insisted the boy had told him.

Munn being here doesnt change the fact Levy still holds the purse strings, and could still be restrictive in terms of getting the players Ange actually wants. Im not a Levy basher at all, but I would find it more damning if Ange was to be disillusioned and quit than the likes of Conte and Jose.....

Ok. Devils advocate here. What if munn, levy etc... want to leave a pathway for our academy players to come through. Long term for the club but ange only wants short term?

We don't know if it's true or even what posssible problem there is.

I still find this notion that levy somehow doesn't want the club to succeed a strange one. He'll benefit more than anyone.

Ok. Devils advocate here. What if munn, levy etc... want to leave a pathway for our academy players to come through. Long term for the club but ange only wants short term?

I still find this notion that levy somehow doesn't want the club to succeed a strange one. He'll benefit more than anyone.

Ange has been very clear in his post season interviews, very happy with the plan.

United are clearly angling for an "inexperienced", i.e. will accept what he's told coach.

Even if point 1 was a problem, point 2 spoils United being the solution.

That’s just logical
Although it’s clear that signing Werner is all about saving pennies and typical of levy tight fisted approach
He is also expecting every player to wear purple and yellow make up next season

Don't think anyone is suggesting that Levy doesn't want the club to succeed. However, the accusations against him range from he prioritises economic success over trophies (i.e. qualifying for CL over a domestic cup), he's too fiscally cautious (the windows of no spending and reluctance to buy proven talent) to he's looking too long term which is something managers cannot do.

Of course Levy wants on-field success but do his methods work? There is 16 years of experience and a trail of disgruntled managers that add weight to the argument that his priorities may be wrong or his methods do not work in terms of tangible om field success.

Who on earth is talking about Levy not wanting the club to succeed? And I refuse to believe for a second that Levy and Ange hadn't discussed before he was appointed their long term visions to ensure both were aligned. The facts are we operate under financial constraints, the model Levy/ENIC operates dictates this. It's resulted in great financial benefits to the company and Tottenham the brand. However managers have consistently found difficulties, whether that be the model they have to operate within or Levy himself - I'm not going to pretend to know the answer to which, or perhaps both.

I have always believed Levy has done a great job, but the managerial appointments of Conte and Jose were clearly not a good match for the way we operate (granted I was supportive of trying both of them) and was no surprise that things turned sour . But Ange, he always seemed more for the long term and buying in from the project. Was he to become disillusioned with Levy or the way we operate so early on, then yes I believe questions would have to be asked of how things are being run at the top from a footballing perspective.....

Don't think anyone is suggesting that Levy doesn't want the club to succeed. However, the accusations against him range from he prioritises economic success over trophies (i.e. qualifying for CL over a domestic cup), he's too fiscally cautious (the windows of no spending and reluctance to buy proven talent) to he's looking too long term which is something managers cannot do.

Of course Levy wants on-field success but do his methods work? There is 16 years of experience and a trail of disgruntled managers that add weight to the argument that his priorities may be wrong or his methods do not work in terms of tangible om field success.
Levy’s methods and ideas have been taken by other clubs don’t forget
He recognised he didn’t know anything about football so we went for a DOF.. now everyone sees that as mega key
Also the land usage was always his thing which others have done
But like every owner he has made mistakes
The issue is the timing if everything in football is cyclical and we’re in the cycle of country ownership

If it is true he should pack his bags pronto and get someone who loves being here and is up for the task. This is not on levy.

If it is true he should pack his bags pronto and get someone who loves being here and is up for the task.

8aa73864c3f3162199bce19ce6bb1e26

I doubt any manager is 100% happy with any chairman TBH. I am sure there's a degree of tension between the pair of them. I'd be flabbergasted if this rumour had any legs beyond a 2 + 2 = 5. But strap in, because this is undoubtably one of the weirdest summer's manager-wise I can remember for some time. As for Man U's set-up, I am arriving at the conclusion that Radcliffe is going to fudge them up because he cannot keep his beak out of things; it might be fun to watch...

Southgate is getting the united job, its the worst kept secret in football.
If true, that aligns with steff’s post. I think Southgate is better than a lot of England fans give him credit for but in a million years, he’s not a top 6 manager. Appoint him and they’ll be pining for the heady days of an 8th placed finish.

Would be bloody overjoyed, mate. A homecoming for a man who should never have left, and one who *gets* us in a way no manager since really has done. :)

Also think he had a better season than Ange did, but that's a different matter.
He didn't though. Mathematically he earned less points, conceded more goals, finished lower in the league and lost his job.

We were both alternate versions of the term basket case at the beginning of the season, and at various points both teams have been really poor, but at the end of the day the only positive for Poch over Ange is the cup final and true to form, Poch lost it.

He didn't though. Mathematically he earned less points, conceded more goals, finished lower in the league and lost his job.

We were both alternate versions of the term basket case at the beginning of the season, and at various points both teams have been really poor, but at the end of the day the only positive for Poch over Ange is the cup final and true to form, Poch lost it.

With the benefit of a side that cost way more .. and had no less changes to starting lineup than we did.

I think it's idiotic that Chelsea got rid but go watch our best games of the season vs. their best and there is no question which version I'd like to watch, and that's not even getting into the baggage associated ..

That's one way to look at it, sure. The other way to look at it -

Poch finished just 3 pts behind Ange (iirc) despite getting to both a Cup final and a Cup semifinal in his first season, against Ange who got dumped out at basically the first opportunity twice and had nothing but free midweeks for 90% of the season.

Moreover, Poch's team showed what you would expect from a team that is exposed to tough, but promising tactics/styles of play - an initially tough time, but then constant improvement leading to a very good end to the season.

Ange started off brilliantly, and then got worse and worse - by the end we were a walking shambles even as he had a largely fit squad to choose from.

Taken together, the edge goes to Poch for me.

That's one way to look at it, sure. The other way to look at it -

Poch finished just 3 pts behind Ange (iirc) despite getting to both a Cup final and a Cup semifinal in his first season, against Ange who got dumped out at basically the first opportunity twice and had nothing but free midweeks for 90% of the season.

Moreover, Poch's team showed what you would expect from a team that is exposed to tough, but promising tactics/styles of play - an initially tough time, but then constant improvement leading to a very good end to the season.

Ange started off brilliantly, and then got worse and worse - by the end we were a walking shambles even as he had a largely fit squad to choose from.

Taken together, the edge goes to Poch for me.

Is getting to cup finals and semi finals an acomplishment then? How many have we done under levy?

Back