• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Should at the very least start every game until Vertonghen can be moved centrally again.

I think we should consider playing him alongside Vertonghen when Rose is back. Might not be the best partnership against teams with proper power house centre forwards, but against teams with slightly smaller strikers it could work really well.

Got away with one today though, this thread would have been bumped for a very different reason if not for Dawson and Sandro :)

Edit: I really liked his little dinked pass out of the box (to Vertonghen?). Anyone else remember that one. He just stood still for what seemed like about a second in what would for most players have been a "get rid of it" situation before calmly dinking the ball past the United player to a team mate.

I think the only thing he needs to learn is where to take risks with the ball and when. I love his ability on the ball but can only think that it's a matter of time before he makes a mistake and then sections of this board, and other Spurs fans, turn on him.

I would not have been happy if they'd scored from his mistake today. Made a superb tackle later to even it out somewhat.

I think the only thing he needs to learn is where to take risks with the ball and when. I love his ability on the ball but can only think that it's a matter of time before he makes a mistake and then sections of this board, and other Spurs fans, turn on him.

LOL
I think I summed him up as an accident waiting to happen-but so far-no accidents.
I think he will be 1st choice when Rose gets fit.

It would be interesting to see him partner Vertonghen in central defence. Our best pairing, or are they too equal?

It would be interesting to see him partner Vertonghen in central defence. Our best pairing, or are they too equal?

For me they are too similar, I prefer one centre-half to attack the ball and one to sweep in behind. My thinking is that both their natural games are to be the sweeping/ball playing centre half and it would be a big change for one of them to become the attack the ball player. That being said, they both seem like fairly intellegent adaptable players so you never know.

Every member of our defence is prone to making individual ****ups. I miss King and Woodgate tbh.

Every member of our defence is prone to making individual ****ups. I miss King and Woodgate tbh.

When they played ... crazy talent, very bad injury record for both.

In Vert, Vlad, Dawson, Kaboul, especially boosted by Sandro in front of them, we have a very good defense

Vlads ball to vertonghen was beautiful. Think it started that move involving soldado and paulinho. Would have been an incredible goal and one which would have given all involved a lot of confidence

For me they are too similar, I prefer one centre-half to attack the ball and one to sweep in behind. My thinking is that both their natural games are to be the sweeping/ball playing centre half and it would be a big change for one of them to become the attack the ball player. That being said, they both seem like fairly intellegent adaptable players so you never know.

Vlad attacked the ball alot yesterday to be fair. Was always on the heels of the attacker.

Vlad attacked the ball alot yesterday to be fair. Was always on the heels of the attacker.

He does that so well and yesterday was proof, I thought so too. That's what he brings with his defensive presence and calm, commanding play. It is at the moment still underrated, but he will soon be dictating the defense and it will show in our overall play with Sandro moving even further up the pitch when attacking.

I am just glad to see him live up to the challenge and I think he's shown he is by far the best summer signing.

Really confident that we will soon break out of this funk and start to command more games. It's good that we are not far off from the top4 and I think this year's Christmas will bring some nice presents for the fans ;)

You guys have been saying that for months now, it hasn't happened has it ? I just hope he tries something new every time, actually looking forward to it, just chill and make it a hope for moment rather than wish he wouldn't do that moment...

We all knew he was capable of scoring the spectacular and boy what a spectacular goal it was. Quickly becoming one of my favourite Spurs players. I can certainly see why we chose to sell Caulker and purchase Chiriches for a cheaper amount of money.

He oozes class and I love the fact he tries some flash stuff. It's got to be better than getting skinned all the time like Dawson

Another excellent game tonight apart from (1) he swung with his wrong foot and missed the ball, Berba was behind him and hit the side netting and (2) for their goal he could easily have tracked the run of the goalscorer Dejagah but he didn't even look, he came towards the ball and let Dejagah run freely in and score

To be honest our defence was all over the place for their goal. Chiriches has definately been our best buy of the summer.

I really like the look of this guy, but tonight was not his best performance, I thought. He scuffed a couple of clearances, and was unaware of runs made around him at times, most notably when Fulham scored. I don't think he even looked behind him to see Dejagah's run.

His goal saved our bacon, though, as we are looking very much out of ideas at that point (if we ever had them), and he does seem like a bit of a lucky charm for us.

i7D6k0fHwNLnr.gif

The ball looks more like a bowling ball the way it's sliding into the goal.

Last edited:

That is crazy movement on that shot. Can't believe it found its way through all those players.

Back