• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Yup, almost as if we know Vertonghen is going and we've bought Chiriches to prepare for the inevitable. The potential Vertonghen deal would add reason to us choosing to play him at left back this season. As we choose our long term player in his favoured position instead but then that's just the talk of a conspiracy theorist, isn't it?

Yup, almost as if we know Vertonghen is going and we've bought Chiriches to prepare for the inevitable. The potential Vertonghen deal would add reason to us choosing to play him at left back this season. As we choose our long term player in his favoured position instead but then that's just the talk of a conspiracy theorist, isn't it?

He's playing at left back because he's our best(arguably only) option.

Or that he's the only player we have that can play lb at higher than a championship level right now?

he looks a pretty intelligent player; with him and verts at CB - we should be pretty solid in open play. (hopefully we have better headers of the ball for set pieces).

This time last year we had Gallas and Parker. Now we have Chiriches and Capoue.

Paulinho very good, Chadli decent and Eriksen promising. Just Lamela and Soldado needed to produce the goods.

This time last year we had Gallas and Parker. Now we have Chiriches and Capoue.

Paulinho very good, Chadli decent and Eriksen promising. Just Lamela and Soldado needed to produce the goods.

Good point. I am confident since we've been shown glimpses of what this team can do - few and far between, but I trust AVB is a mad genius and he's still learning. He knows this project is going to be do or die for him (after the Chelsea failure) and I know he is eager to prove everbody wrong - also seen in his reaction after yesterday's win.

We will beat Liverpool and we will be hard to beat going forward. COYS!

I'm sure he'll be back for Liverpool.

I hope so. We'll struggle against Suarez either way, but of our central defenders Chiriches is the one I would rather have up against Suarez when he gets the ball down and starts running at defenders.

Hopefully Sandro and whoever plays next to him will give the defenders enough cover so it doesn't happen too often though.

Did Sherwood not know he refuses to head the ball.
Did he not know he was playing against long ball west ham?

Did Sherwood not know he refuses to head the ball.
Did he not know he was playing against long ball west ham?

No other options though, Dawson suspended and Kabs/Vert injured. Not much else who could have done selection wise.

Was absolutely shocking today. Completely off the pace allowed his man to get away from him constantly.

Back