• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Have to say I wasn't sure about this transfer, however with the way he has settled in he is currently top of my 'players we bought in the summer' list.

I don't think anyone else we bought has adjusted as well as him.

" I talked to Vlad Chiriches and with Franco Baldini. Vlad feels good, he is training. If his mask comes tomorrow we could have a surprise and see him on the pitch Friday. I have big confidence that Vlad can recover until the return leg, but his presence for the first leg on Friday is, like I said, not out of the question." Vlad's agent Ioan Becali (the big palls with Mourinho guy)

BZdmjSmCcAAzakW.jpg

Letting Samaras get the better of you? Oh dear.

I watched most of that game and overall, he had a decent performance. The goal they allowed was due to their RB not moving up to spring the offside trap in time. And if you can believe it, Samaras was MOTM.

Well Samaras has played very well whenever Ive seen him for Celtic and I'm talking about CL games not SPL...

Well Samaras has played very well whenever Ive seen him for Celtic and I'm talking about CL games not SPL...

agreed. Not sure of where this "Samaras is ****" has come from really. He underperformed when he was in the Prem at an average City team? When he was like 21 and coming to a new league?

He is slow as ****, which means he'll look **** in the PL. Not much pace on him either... :-"

8-[

:tumbleweed:

Seriously, people on these forums talk **** about players they "watch" week in and week out, so it's no surprise that they'll talk **** about players they never watch at all. Samaras was working that left flank hard, both offensively and defensively and he made loads of clearances in the box.

Seriously, people on these forums talk **** about players they "watch" week in and week out, so it's no surprise that they'll talk **** about players they never watch at all. Samaras was working that left flank hard, both offensively and defensively and he made loads of clearances in the box.

Plus it's a still frame. What if Vlad had made up several yards on Samaras to get that close?

Plus it's a still frame. What if Vlad had made up several yards on Samaras to get that close?

Which he did pretty well in the Europa League games for us. One of the first impressions he made on me was that goal-clearance.

In the game against Greece, he actually seemed a bit threatening when moving forward. I don't know why, but I feel like opposition defenders are sometimes reluctant to close down defenders when they push up with the ball.
Vlad definitely has some vision and he will try to make forward passes like Dawson, but will keep it on the deck or try to swerve them towards players.

Which he did pretty well in the Europa League games for us. One of the first impressions he made on me was that goal-clearance.

In the game against Greece, he actually seemed a bit threatening when moving forward. I don't know why, but I feel like opposition defenders are sometimes reluctant to close down defenders when they push up with the ball.
Vlad definitely has some vision and he will try to make forward passes like Dawson, but will keep it on the deck or try to swerve them towards players.

Does anyone know if he's ever played midfield? From what I've seen he can handle the ball pretty well and in a pinch might be able to be the DM, like Ledders did when he had slightly more than one knee.

Everything I've seen of him oozes class. I only hope he doesn't get steers by his agent into making some silly comments

I think the only thing he needs to learn is where to take risks with the ball and when. I love his ability on the ball but can only think that it's a matter of time before he makes a mistake and then sections of this board, and other Spurs fans, turn on him.

Back